Thread: HELP ME TO SAVE MY EMPIRE!!! -Generals problem-

Default HELP ME TO SAVE MY EMPIRE!!! -Generals problem-

Hi guys, i use your wonderfull mod. it works great, and i play with the Byzantine Empire.

I have a problem with my generals.
    I dont understand. I have won a lot of victories with them, but they are weak, incapable and the most dangerous; they have a really low loyality, whereas all my enemies generals got very very godd skills...
    Why?

I have an exemple:

I have won a great battle against papal states with this general. I choose him because of his loyality. But after the battle, all capabilities of my generals have been deleted

Moreover, i saw that my family tree is almost empty of new famlily members. I must have 20-25 generals, an i have only 3-4 new generals... this is not good. This is normal?

If i continue like this, i wont be able to continue this campain and hold my empire against all empire's ennemies

ps: ironicaly, it was one of the principal reason to the fall of the empire... Gouverned by incompetents...
    Last edited by General Grievous; February 28, 2010 at 02:58 PM.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: HELP ME TO SAVE MY EMPIRE!!! -Generals problem-

Hi, I would prefer all characters were in the family tree, personally, but it has been modded so that only certain branches of the family are shown in the tree.

The reason you have a state of rebellion, may be that you used a low rank, unauthorized noble to make war and thus have defied the authority of the Leader showing him up as weak and not in control.

That general has been banished and must leave the homeland or you can issue a pardon with consequenses or you can let him stay, in which case he will gain support in his leadership bid (for a rebel faction).

You have installed BGRIV E in which there is a crime and punishment system. Link.
    Last edited by Byg; February 28, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Ok, i understand. But i find that the game is a little unbalanced because ennemy generals have always better abilities than the player's generals...

By the way, IA armies leaded by captains never become rebels. I find this too easy for cpu to manage their armies. (and i don't know how i have made the great empire i have now... lol)

Except generals, i have problems with the diplomacy. With the time, all others factions do not apprecy me and, actually, i have no more allies...

For exemple, i had a alliance with hungarians. hungarians are at war with the sicilians.
    I have attacked the sicilians, taken one of their forteress, and after that, hungarians (and many other factions) have broken the alliance... Any idea about this?

How can i improve my relationship with other factions? is there a new way with your mod?

thanks for your support
    Last edited by General Grievous; March 01, 2010 at 06:17 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Ok, i understand. But i find that the game is a little unbalanced because ennemy generals have always better abilities than the player's generals...

By the way, IA armies leaded by captains never become rebels. I find this too easy for cpu to manage their armies. (and i don't know how i have made the great empire i have now... lol)
    You have made the great empire you have, which shows the ai actually has a much tougher deal than you think. There are many things the ai factions suffer from that most people dont think about. That's why I aim difficulty only at the human player.
    Except generals, i have problems with the diplomacy. With the time, all others factions do not apprecy me and, actually, i have no more allies...

For exemple, i had a alliance with hungarians. hungarians are at war with the sicilians.
    I have attacked the sicilians, taken one of their forteress, and after that, hungarians (and many other factions) have broken the alliance... Any idea about this?

How can i improve my relationship with other factions? is there a new way with your mod?

thanks for your support
    You can get good relations, but you have to work hard for them. In this case I expect Hungary has designs on your territory. The ai can break alliances same as you.

Ok, so if i understand, only war council generals can attack ennemy out of empire's territory. Right?
    But i have a problem: In my game, only the emperor is part of the war council.

I tried to attack with the Regent of Constantinople (A very capable and skilled general), and he has lost half of his capabilities after the battle. (he has defied the autority of the leader...)

how others generals could be part of the war council and how can i attack ennemy with others generals that the emperor himself?

By the way, i read your link, i i don't understand how to pardon my general to defie the autority of the leader... when i tick "?" icon, i've got only the instructions from the advisor.

Thanks for your help!
    This mod is wonderfull, and i find it much more interesting!!.

ps: Hungarians are foolish bastards. I'm crushing their towns, then give them to my last ally: Kievan Rus^^
    Last edited by General Grievous; March 03, 2010 at 03:00 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Ok, so if i understand, only war council generals can attack ennemy out of empire's territory. Right?
    No, not quite, this is only a restriction that is imposed by the leader once the faction moves away from feudalism (after universal right to knight expires). That has probably already happened though in your game.

But i have a problem: In my game, only the emperor is part of the war council.

I tried to attack with the Regent of Constantinople (A very capable and skilled general), and he has lost half of his capabilities after the battle. (he has defied the autority of the leader...)

how others generals could be part of the war council and how can i attack ennemy with others generals that the emperor himself?

You get 2 WCs (WC ancillaries) at the start of your game. Your Heir should have one plus one other general. FL does not need one. Unless you are further along in your campaign and on your 2nd Heir then the Heir only automatically gets a WC anc if has no criminal record (e.g from fighting when not authorized).

You also need to remember that the game only allows 8 ancillaries, so you wont get a WC unless you make room by passing some ancillaries on to someone else.

It is possible that it may take a few turns to acquire more WCs now that your heir is out of the running.
    Priority goes to Junior WCs if you have any and also Generals involved in professional training and then they may be awarded to Generals who may have been commanding significant armies, even if they were just assisting the WC by moving troops for him. Other generals have less chance still each turn.

By the way, i read your link, i i don't understand how to pardon my general to defie the autority of the leader... when i tick "?" icon, i've got only the instructions from the advisor.

Thanks for your help!
    This mod is wonderfull, and i find it much more interesting!!.

ps: Hungarians are foolish bastards. I'm crushing their towns, then give them to my last ally: Kievan Rus^^
    You can only issue a pardon whilst a general or noble is actively causing unrest, by not complying with a punishment order. You also get a wave of unrest after the crime is committed depending on how generals feel about this challenge to the Leader. Was your heir banished or just fined? What do his traits tell you?
    Last edited by Byg; March 04, 2010 at 11:19 AM.