View Poll Results: Shall He become a citizen?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

12 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
  • abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PASSED]Major Darling for Civitates - {Patron Belisarius)3/11/10

Default [PASSED]Major Darling for Civitates - {Patron Belisarius)3/11/10

Member: Major Darling

My bit - Darling had lost his last vote because we wanted to see more, maybe focus on one area of the site. He instead kept contributing to all the areas he is interested in which to me shows that he is not doing it for the badge. In addition he has helped me alot in my few weeks as content staff and seems to have a genuine want to improve the site. He is working on a youtube project so that we can ally with youtube channels that provide really good TW strategy guides and his contributions to publications are very good.

I think he has proven himself and I ask you all to award him the honorable rank of Civitates.

He has waited long enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling
    Hello to you, members of the Consilium de Civitate. I'm now going to attempt to show you why I feel that I am now worthy of the rank of Citizen. I have applied in the past and wasn't considered worthy, but now that i've had more time to contribute to TWC I feel that I am now ready to be accepted by you. I have been a member of this website for nearly a year, and although that may not seem much, nearly all of it has been spent in content staff.

I know that being in the content staff is deemed as extra-curricular but to me it is more than that. It is TWC for me. I have written for six issues of the Eagle Standard (of which 4 were as a team leader) and there are three more that I have written two articles in.

ES Contributions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ES Vol. 7 Iss. 8 - In my debut Eagle Standard issue I wrote my 'RPG Headquarters' which tells the updates of the active RPGs on TWC.

ES Vol. 7 Iss. 9 - Here I wrote my very first interview in the ES with ToonTotalWar about the American Revolution mod for ETW which would later become my keypoint.

ES Vol. 8 Iss.1 - Here I had my first issue as Chief Writer for the Captain's Cabin. I had to take over at short notice due to the change of Team leader twice (Calvin then Celsius).

ES Vol. 8 Iss. 2 - In my second issue as Chief Writer of the Captain's Cabin I had an interview published with Tony83 of the RTR mod. I also wrote my second RPG headquarters piece.

ES Vol. 8 Iss. 3 - In this issue I was unable to publish an interview or an RPG headquarters piece due to me being in China, I did however have time to write a last word from my phone.

ES Vol. 8 Iss. 4 - In my first issue as Assistant Editor and 4th as Chief Writer for the Captain's Cabin, I wrote my 3rd RPG Headquarters article and also conducted an interview with the Opifex and modder, Zhuge Land on his Aresteia mod.

Also, I have written for the Helios for four issues and of one of those contains two articles written by me. A new issue will be published soon and will contain another two articles written by me.

Helios Contributions
    Helios 44 - I wrote about the Myths of Moderation which I believe corrupt the image of the moderators on TWC

Helios 45 - I wrote two, Non-TWC related pieces here. One on the stereotypes of teachers and the other on one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, Sir Donald Bradman

Helios 46 - Sadly I was away in China for most of December and could only submit a small article about monumental pictures, it is this size as I had to do it from a phone in Beijing

Helios 47 - An article on 7 Novels which you should but probably never will read.

Helios 48 - Not out when I submitted this but it contains two articles, one on the conversation topics loathed by most people and also a little light hearted Horoscope which was written by me and not copied from a site.

Aside from the Publications, I have also until very recently been an active Librarian for the Scriptorium. I have not only been an active voter and submitter of articles but also was involved in several committees such as the Plagiarism committee. I was a Librarian for 7 months.

Aside from the publications, I had also been an active librarian for the Scriptorium. I was an active member of it submitting a considerable number of articles, and taking part in the voting discussions along with voting too. Another point I must add, is that I took part in the Plagiarism committee as well.

Scriptorium Contributions
    Approved Submissions to the Scriptorium:

[TW Guide] Naval Guide for Beginners - ETW
    [Fiction] Churchills
    [Fiction] Honor and Country
    [Fiction] For the Cross
    [Fiction] The Gates of Hell
    [Games] Kane and Lynch: Dead Men Review
    [Games] Star Wars Battlefront 2 Review
    [Arts] Factory of Madness (Short Story)

My Own works in the Scriptorium:

[Fiction] Takeoff

Committees Involved in:

Plagiarism Committee
    Fixing broken tags/links
    Competition Committee

In other realms of Content I am set to help run the new YouTube initiative with my patron, Belisarius and am also in the process of wrangling an interview with Lusted in regard to NTW.

My other interest in TWC is the RPG section, I am a mod for the overall forum but am also a game mod (Help run the game) for the Kingdom of England and The Republic of Venice (Now known as KuE3). On top of that, I help new RPGs be set up in the Consulate part of the forum and am one of those responsible for making sure RPGs won't die. Another point I would like to make, is that I have also applied to become part of the NTW Survey for the Forum Magnum

Overall, I am committed to contributing to the site and will continue to do so if I am granted the rank of citizen. In general, I believe my posts are usually good and helpful and I would love the opportunity to be able to influence site decisions by adding my input to proposals in the Prothalamos and to be able to vote on them when the time comes. I frequently read the CURIA and SYMPOSIUM and feel the desire to post, but for the time being I am unable to do so.

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read my application, and if there is anything you are unsure about feel free to PM me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...32#post6859732

(he wnated me to add this)

Previous attempts:
    (2-7-2) Poll: [FAILED] [Citizen] Major Darling (Patron: Ducale)
    (0-12-0) Poll: [FAILED] [Citizen] Major Darling (Patron=Carl von Döbeln) 25th November
    Last edited by Viking Prince; February 28, 2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added member link and prior attempts
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Major Darling for Civitates - Patron Belisarius

I will look into the rest and see if it swings me over to a yes.
    Last edited by Legio; March 11, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

His work for the ES is sufficient to get his citizenship. But if his behaviour or attitude is messing up things once more it will be in his disadvantage. So his behaviour does concern us if we need to make a debate on this applicant.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Regarding his ES contributions, they're about what I've come to expect from the majority of publication articles. We have the problem of interviews, which is that the majority of questions, if not all, have been codified. So the interviewer is pretty much sending a predetermined set of questions to someone they find to interview, and then posting the answers. It's hard to really determine where interviews stack up, because neither the questions or the answers can be attributed to the writer of that segment, so it leaves plenty to be desired.

On the positive side, he has compiled his section for 3 issues and to my knowledge has been managing his writers adequately. The writing itself, where he does do writing such as in the introduction/last word and the RPG Headquarters, is above average for the publications. He's also pretty consistent in terms of getting the section in on time for publication. On the other side, the sections could do with more editing on his part before they get sent to me, as I had a gaggle of things to correct grammatically and structurally in the last issue, which was the first issue I've actively edited.

I'll have to go back through his articles and the Helios ones before determining. As I've said before I don't give much more weight to a contribution for a publication as opposed to just a contribution posted elsewhere on the forum. It is staff involvement, which is good and gets a little bonus, but in my book the station of the publications within the framework of the site doesn't warrant a weighted approach to assessing them. I also think quality is extremely important, much more so than quantity.

In all honesty it is his behavior on the forum that would concern me,what happened Via PM is not really an issue, if it were then so would the IRC chat logs in which there are probably enough TOS violations to get most participants banned. On his inactivity, that is not bad behavior, its just that his script contributions are lacking but his attitude and want to help are enough in my opinion to get a yes vote. Goodness knows people have been voted in for less and if we want to look at "behavior" issues I can point out many current Civitates. I dont know, if there is an issue then I'd rethink it but Legio has not given me enough info to actually know what happened. SND is a .
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Content Emeritus

His conclave activity is a lot less than others, but after the Helios and ES contributions I am willing to give him a chance. VP, you've worked with him more closely than I have on the ES, what do you say?

I have to say I'm on the fence here with Major Darling, and leaning more towards what Legio is saying. He has never particularly struck me one way or the other -- I'm not convinced he has done enough to warrant Citizenship right now, though I expect he probably will be in the future. I'll look a little closer.

EDIT: After some more researching I think he is just about ready and I will probably vote yes.
    Last edited by Justinian; March 03, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I think I have already said it in my prior posts here. Remember, we are not making a decision on awarding the Novus -- this is a basic level contribution to the site worthy of elevation to citizen. For all of those who thought the previous application was marginal -- his contributions are now greater. At some point, staff work should be sufficient on it's own without a great debate and without releasing a mod.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Content Emeritus

I just had time to look at his ES work- this might sway me to a yes.

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Personally, I feel that his accumulative work warrants the rank. I will be voting yes.

I think he has done enough. I have worked with him for the Helios and his articles are generally of good quality and pretty creative as well. On top of that, his work ethos is quite good and he submitted an article for every issue since I became the editor. Based on that and his other contributions I think he deserves the rank. Thus, I'll be voting yes.

Content Emeritus

POLL ADDED

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    POLL ADDED
    You added the poll?

Anyway I hit the wrong button... change my vote to yes

Content Emeritus

nikos is away
    and i am his ass
    so he told me like DAWG imma be out my , take care of the hoes fumme

nikos is away
    and i am his ass
    so he told me like DAWG imma be out my , take care of the hoes fumme
    Oh, duh, you're the Curator's assistant, my b...

Clearly I'm on top of my game

Content Emeritus

changed your vote to yes btw

Thanks bru <3

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

i am his ass
    O boy.

As i said before his ES and Helios contributions are more then enough to get him citizenship, he proved to be a hard worker and committed member of those editorials.

His attitude towards other members still concerns me to be honest, but i am willing to give this a shot.

I will be voting Yes.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Content Emeritus

I'm willing to give him a shot based on the ES contributions. Besides, if the attitude becomes an issue again he might find himself with a disciplinary sentence, lol!

As you guys said, if we summarized all of his work, he has done enough for Citizen Badge.

Yes, from me.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast