View Poll Results: Which is the best overall army?

Voters
601. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

353 58.74%
  • China

36 5.99%
  • India

4 0.67%
  • Russia

35 5.82%
  • Pakistan

4 0.67%
  • North Korea

6 1.00%
  • South Korea

1 0.17%
  • Israel

48 7.99%
  • Turkey

13 2.16%
  • Iran

5 0.83%
  • OTHER[PLEASE SPECIFY]

96 15.97%
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7324748495051525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,131 of 1131

Thread: Whats the Best Overall Army in the World?

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Whats the Best Overall Army in the World?

Ghost of Legio said "Israel kicks butt"

You said "no"

I would call that saying the army was bad.

I would agree with you though, saying many other nations have a superior army AND that without external aid, they would be much weaker.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald of the Duffers View Post
    Ghost of Legio said "Israel kicks butt"

You said "no"

I would call that saying the army was bad.

I would agree with you though, saying many other nations have a superior army AND that without external aid, they would be much weaker.

No it's because I asked why they are behind Israel and he said comically because they kick butt which is kind of weird so I thought that can't be why. Since his post was not all that serious, I don't think you should put much importance on what I said or replied. Anyways, glad we agree that Israel in second place is quite odd.

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    No I mean supplying them during the war or breaking blockades on them. The US has influence and has many times helped achieve peace there. Without them Arab nations would be less reluctant to attack unless there are new agreements or negotiations between Israel/ Arab countries. (which Washington is working on)

There was also the fact that Egyptians were at first hesitant to attack and had low morale due to past defeats not to mention bad information on enemy strength so they did not use their numbers to full advantage and instead wasted them on several nonstrategic or unimportant sectors.

It's not the army that I said was bad so I am not dancing around. I only said that many other nations have a superior army and can defeat them and that many of them offer support in one way or another to Israel.
    Israel possesses nuclear weaponry and an excellent army. US support or not, winning a battle of 500 vs. 80,000 is pretty damn impressive. Israel could hold its own against much of the Middle East, but if Russia or another major power near Israel invaded, they may not do as well.

US then Germany and Britain. Their equipment is on the same tech level but the US has more man power and money involved, especially concerning the navy.

Lol North Korea?
    Last edited by Crusader Invasion; October 22, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Israel possesses nuclear weaponry and an excellent army. US support or not, winning a battle of 500 vs. 80,000 is pretty damn impressive. Israel could hold its own against much of the Middle East, but if Russia or another major power near Israel invaded, they may not do as well.

Yes but nowadays they cannot do such feats and that was a mix of luck etc. They did not kill 80 000 soldiers but disrupted their ability to continue. Actually it cannot hold off against all of the Middle-East which is shown by strong ties with their allies. Israel would not be fearful if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post

Russia had enough logistical and military problems invading Georgia, an invasion of Israel by Russia would certainly end in defeat. The logistics would either have to go through multiple nations by land, or an incrediblely long route by sea, one which the deteriorating Russian Navy could never keep supplied to defeat Israel.
    Forget the Cod this man needs a Sturgeon!

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm agreeing with Justinius. The "500 vs 80,000" scenario was what the numbers were when it started, i used it as an example to illustrate how quickly men were called up and organised effectively.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Tosi View Post
    Russia had enough logistical and military problems invading Georgia, an invasion of Israel by Russia would certainly end in defeat. The logistics would either have to go through multiple nations by land, or an incrediblely long route by sea, one which the deteriorating Russian Navy could never keep supplied to defeat Israel.
    What? Ok... See it my way. Right now Israel is almost in a state of total war or supposedly fighting for survival. Russia wasn't even in a state of alert when at war with Georgia and didn't focus at all the majority of their army there. Logistics would be no problem just like the war in Irak. Russia would be able to land paratroopers and bombard Israel by plane and not to mention be granted passage and bases in the territory of the enemies of Israel . They would relish at the sight of Israel burning and might even join but then again this is a 1vs1 scenario. Also Israel would not and cannot win because they would have almost no chance at invading Russia. Not to mention Russia's army at full mobilisation is far more numerous than Israel's which is close to it.

Nice to see, that America wins. Of course, the many cases of friendly fire in which american troops have killed British solders are conveniently forgotten.

I'm shocked Britain wasn't included, I mean the Household Cavalry only goes back 400 years and the current structure less than 300 years.

And never forget, it was the British who drove Napoleon out.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

cool, another nationalism necro.
    =/

Senno's Avatar C'est la Vie.
    Civitate

Nothing of great significance added in this necro. Thread closed.