Thread: the mod broke my game

Default the mod broke my game

Your ing mod broke my game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all the files, did everything and now my is broke. please help me fix this thing. I can't even play vanilla... I'm really upset if you haven't noticed.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: the mod broke my game

Quote Originally Posted by Cheathamus View Post
    Your ing mod broke my game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all the files, did everything and now my is broke. please help me fix this thing. I can't even play vanilla... I'm really upset if you haven't noticed.
    Firstly!!! mods dont break games!!! the person installing them breaks the game!!
    Instead of whinning why not post what exactly you did to install TAR mod, then i can see if i can help?? capisce?

Sorry I was also getting yelled at right then so i reacted like a

I have been trying so hard to install this mod properly(cause it looks awesome) and i finally gave up. I uninstalled the mod and i figured the vanilla wouldn't work, which it didn't, so no biggy. I unistalled the game and redownloaded it. Still didn't work. I then deleted it and deleted the folder that remained in the steam apps. didn't work again. i'm out of ideas.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Sorry I was also getting yelled at right then so i reacted like a

I have been trying so hard to install this mod properly(cause it looks awesome) and i finally gave up. I uninstalled the mod and i figured the vanilla wouldn't work, which it didn't, so no biggy. I unistalled the game and redownloaded it. Still didn't work. I then deleted it and deleted the folder that remained in the steam apps. didn't work again. i'm out of ideas.
    So its a problem with your game, try another fresh install and make sure thatt here are not any left over files in your Programs folder

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

also make sure that any user script that was created has been deleted as well,otherwise it is likely the game will continue looking for Ameerican Revolution mod files,and when it cant find them it will crash...to find this script do the following...User/Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts.look for the text file that says user.empire_script or user.script.txt or something of that effect(it can be different)open the file and make sure there are no left over lines that point to the American Rev mod,if there are erase them,or to be safe erase the whole file.post back if it works

I tried the fresh install thing and it worked to no prevail, this time i even deleted the whole steam folder and reinstalled. I'm going to try the script thing, but if that doesn't work should i try installing American revolution mod and e if that works?

Thanks

There is no scripts folder in my empire main folder..is this a problem? and i tried installing TAR mod and running it, followign the recommendations on another thread, and it didn't help. It gwets to the screen with all the copyrights and then after a few seconds shuts down and windows comes up telling me theres a problem.

Domesticus

the script folder isnt supposed to be there i however cannot remember exactly how to get there for each operating system, does anybody how to get to the appdata folder?

my empire is in steam not creative assebly anything. whats the directory?

I put the directions to the file in my post above.even though you purchesed it through steam it will still make this file

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

my empire is in steam not creative assebly anything. whats the directory?
    As Chevalier IX pointed out allready,thanks mate, its for XP here;

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

When you go to your search tool to search for that map,make sure you have searching for hidden maps enabled !!

Thank yuo so much guys, vanilla works now now to get the mod working

Anytimealways happy to assist the community,enjoy the game

Thank yuo so much guys, vanilla works now now to get the mod working
    your welcome and please let us know how its going!
    And stay Tuned for TAR II eh!!!

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheathamus
    should steam be open when launching this mod?

Yes, how else can you play the game?
    Just wondering cause I'm just trying to get the mod to work and going crazy.

Quote:
    Please stay with us as TAR II is about to be released,and in your case a clean install of TAR II will bring you up to par !

If you got TAR working but Just got the vanilla game then a scripts to default reset through the diagnostics panel should do the trick!

If you go to advanced options in the launcher;

- click enable TAR diagnostics

-then click ;reset TAR scripts to default

-then youll get a little window mode,just press enter 2 times and voila !

reboot your PC and enable launcher again

choose your preferred GC and the game should be TAR mod !(instead of vanilla)

hope this helps!

Oh and welcome to the Forums !
    I tried this and it didn't work. I tried grand campaign activation and custom play, but to no avail.

I currently have installed v1.3(the full download that 1.8G), the .7 hotfix, and the 8.1 update.

It workwed and omg..i was up til 1 playing it last night! thanks guys!

Good work sir,Enjoy !!