Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercenary elephants

Default Re: Mercenary elephants

I think it would be great to have an early-late elephant unit for the kwarz and mercenaries. After all, kwarz got pwned before they had the chance to use elephants with arquebus' mounts if I remember correctly, and they did love showing off their elephants. Plus elephants are just bad ass looking imo.

But only as mercs, as the Khwarezm has a powerfull roster allready I suppose.

How about Almoravids? They could use some elephant mercs in their Spanish-Knight-Smashing.
    Remember the dead.
    Protect the living.

Well elephants are UBER expensive with like 2250 upkeep, and every game I play the kwarz get uber pwned by the mongols, simply from their uber arrow showers of doom. Plus, we just have to set the retrain rate to like 16 or 32 turns so it takes a long time to replenish or get new ones. I don't see why not that the almoravids get their elephants too, im sure atleast ONE guy wanted to have some pet elephants in egypt.

But im just an elephant freak, I like the gamble of elephants either uber pwning my enemy, or going ballistic and destroying my own army LOL. Plus I like the sight of fleeing cavalry trying to outrun elephants and eventually getting trampled upon by crazed elephants.

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

I support Elephants in any way, shape, or form. I love using elephants, regardless of whether or not they are always useful additions to a force. Therefore, I support early elephants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12