Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Napoleon (AUM-NAP) 2.6 - updated 24.11.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 1.0

nice mod

Ducenarius

Swiss, the OP change log notes that you gave various Trade ships to other major factions.

I had a campaign going as Papal States (rebuilding a roman empire!) and conquered Naples only to get my trade port up and running to find out I didn't have the option to recruit even a Merchantmen ship out of there.

Only other extensive campaign I've got going with a non major faction is Sardinia which I had option to recruit Merchantmen off the bat.

Just wanted to drop a line and inform to hope that future AUM updates will have enabled Merchantmen and Trade Vessels of some kind for every faction.

Thanks!

Anxiously awaiting some extensive AUM glory filled late nites.
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Someone in this thread mentioned Cisalpine Legion, I believe?

I poked around in the PFM and made Cisalpine Legion recruitable for France in GC (not just in Italian campaign) in order for it to show up in custom battles.

I think it's an incomplete unit though--it has a placeholder icon and a placeholder picture if you right-click on it. The unit itself is textured ala ETW style--tricornes, but no backpacks. Looks a little out of place, to be honest, perhaps not worth the unlock?

On the other hand, there are still quite a few extra units. France has the Polish Legion and Swiss Foot. Great Britain has Dutch Flanquers, Dutch Foot, and all the Kings German Legions that Swiss Halberdier has already unlocked.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

With the unit_stats_land tables now available and soon to be uniforms DB's, is it possible to make more ?

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Really great work mate - cheers +REP - keep up the great work
    Thanks plissken! Nice to see you here too! I know you're long time AUM fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreaL View Post
    nice mod
    Thanks Surreal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonxas View Post
    Hello Swiss Halberdier
    Thank you for your mod.
    You should also includ mod_textfixes_text.pack by Johan217 in your mod.
    Cheers
    Hello Gonxas, I will add Johan's well done work into my upcoming UPC-NAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy Cattermole View Post
    [COLOR=#0000ff]
    Ah many thanks for getting back so quickly. I didn't realise that Brunswick Hussars existed in game either. Ah well, best of luck with this mod!
    Hello Moggy, yes I didn't see them anywhere in the game itself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ View Post
    Top man Swiss ! +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    (Transfered from Texture thread)
    Even if you add custom icons with a mod.pack using vanilla (napoleon) names?
    You mean the texture in icons, aren't you? Not the one in game.
    Hello husser, I didn't try to add new icons so far for vanilla NTW units.

All three elements do appear graphically wrong if you add a vanilla unit to another faction which didn't have access to them before.

The icons, info card pictures and the textures show up with a "placeholder" generic texture for all of them. I described this issue in my first post under "Investigations".

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    It sounds that we have a little break through in the packfilemanager problem. Unit Stats Land Table should make editing now possible.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=338014&page=2
    Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    With the unit_stats_land tables now available and soon to be uniforms DB's, is it possible to make more ?
    Hello MAL and zorphon, yes it's fantastic that our masterminds have made the PFM workable! Thanks to husser, vicar and erasmus!

I created some units for my tests but they all appear with wrong textures and placeholder icons like I described it in my first post under "Investigations".

At the moment there is a huge "FOG OF WAR" around the unit-texturing system and how we can make new units.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Hello Swiss,
    Is it possible for you to add the same system i have added in my Napoleonic mod for ETW where we can recruit a limited numbers of units into captured regions ?
    E.G: If Prussia capture Saxony, they will be able to recruit 1 Saxony cuirassier, 2 saxony musketeers. Same if Saxony is holding by France......

Hello OMS, yes it should be possible. The only problem is that CA only integrated a few regions and most of the NTW units are recruitable globally. So we don't have much choice to select an AOR region system. Of course it's possible to add own regions if you edit the "startpos.esf" from NTW (it works in the same way like in ETW).

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    Swiss, the OP change log notes that you gave various Trade ships to other major factions.
    I had a campaign going as Papal States (rebuilding a roman empire!) and conquered Naples only to get my trade port up and running to find out I didn't have the option to recruit even a Merchantmen ship out of there.
    Only other extensive campaign I've got going with a non major faction is Sardinia which I had option to recruit Merchantmen off the bat.
    Just wanted to drop a line and inform to hope that future AUM updates will have enabled Merchantmen and Trade Vessels of some kind for every faction.
    Thanks!
    Anxiously awaiting some extensive AUM glory filled late nites.
    Hello uos, thanks for your comment and yes it seems that many minor factions can't build trade ships. I will look at this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri2486 View Post
    Someone in this thread mentioned Cisalpine Legion, I believe?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I poked around in the PFM and made Cisalpine Legion recruitable for France in GC (not just in Italian campaign) in order for it to show up in custom battles.
    I think it's an incomplete unit though--it has a placeholder icon and a placeholder picture if you right-click on it. The unit itself is textured ala ETW style--tricornes, but no backpacks. Looks a little out of place, to be honest, perhaps not worth the unlock?
    On the other hand, there are still quite a few extra units. France has the Polish Legion and Swiss Foot. Great Britain has Dutch Flanquers, Dutch Foot, and all the Kings German Legions that Swiss Halberdier has already unlocked.
    Hello Hitokiri, yes you're right it's possible to add these units, but the British "Dutch Flanquers/Foot" don't appear with the right textures so far. So it isn't worth to unlock these.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 1.1 - added the "HMS Victory"

Hello to all AUM-NAP fans,

today I released my AUM-NAP 1.1 which adds the famous British "HMS Victory" to the custom battle and campaign mode.

ATTENTION! The mod is now in the proper MOD-format. So you have to activate it in your script file.

AUM Ship

Britain:
    HMS Victory - 106 gun First rate

Installation

AUM-NAP is playable in singleplayer and multiplayer.

1. Download aum_nap_mod.pack

2. Unzip the files using 7zip.

3. Copy the aum_nap_mod.pack to your NAP data directory:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    4. create the "user.script.txt" in this directory:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Add this line:
    mod aum_nap_mod.pack;

Whenever updating/saving the user.script.txt make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format. It should be saved in Unicode format or else NTW will not read the script.

There is an example script file included in the mod.

De-installation
    Just delete the aum_nap_mod.pack in your NAP data directory.

NAPOLEON:TW doesn't have a scroll bar in the recruitment queue. The language file system is the same as in ETW. Therefore we have the same problems as in ETW which are described here:

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE

Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) English + German

Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Napoleon (UPC-NAP) 1.0 English / German

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_0.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_0_german.7z

The English UPC-NAP 1.0
    file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:

- AUM-NAP 1.1
    - Johan's "Textfixes v0.1"

The German UPC-NAP 1.0 file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:
    - AUM-NAP 1.1

The UPC-NAP doesn't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. The UPC is a movie-type file which loads automatically.

It is important that you use only one language file at the same time. You have to remove or disable all language packs which are released with other mods in this folder:

You can find the other language files by searching for these examples below. They are mostly called like this:
    patch_***text.pack
    patch_***loc.pack
    movie_***text.pack
    movie_***loc.pack
    ***localisation***.pack

Thanks to Brigadier Graham for giving me his English language file to make the UPC.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 1.1 - added the "HMS Victory"

swiss can we maybe see pics of the unlocked units? thanks!
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

I cannot seem to get the mod to work. I think the problem is with the user.script file. I placed the one which came with the mod in the script folder but do I need to modify it?
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Declaration of Arbroath, 1320AD

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Excellent Swiss! +rep

Z.

Imperial_Guard's Avatar Laetus

love your mods it makes so you don't have to play chess missing some of the pieces, and if you any help for future mods (history wise) i'll be happy to help

JayMac's Avatar Civis

So if I use this, will I not be able to use the realism mod? Or will the stats of the unlocked units be changed?

Is this compatible with any version of the Tyrant Overhaul mod?

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Any chance of creating a version of AUM where if you capture only certain regions from an enemy you can recruit one or two of their unit types? Kind of like pressing your captured enemies into service for your army? Maybe limit this to capitals or other large cities? I don't like the idea of having the enemy unit available in all enemy lands I capture.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Icon9 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 1.1 - added the "HMS Victory"

Hi Swiss, always great! but there is something I miss and still keep missing with user.script.txt file
    I add line " mod aum_nap.pack;" and NTW keeps to ignore it
    what's going wrong, same problem when I try to load a little mod of mine to change artillery gun from 4 to 8, but if I save it in PFManager as mod, NTW does not take care of it, if I save it as movie or patch NTW result is CTD
    I change in PFManager your mod version 1.1 from mod to movie and it works
    Does user.script.txt file work for you?
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Any chance of creating a version of AUM where if you capture only certain regions from an enemy you can recruit one or two of their unit types? Kind of like pressing your captured enemies into service for your army? Maybe limit this to capitals or other large cities? I don't like the idea of having the enemy unit available in all enemy lands I capture.
    In the past Swiss was not do this. If i remember right he wrote here also that the AoR System need to create some new tables for this. Pom create some nice Mods which work witch AoR like the German State Mod. I hope he will do the same for Napoleon.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi Swiss, always great! but there is something I miss and still keep missing with user.script.txt file
    I don't know if you wrote it wrong in your post but the right line is mod "my_mod.pack;"

Quote Originally Posted by Ziem View Post
    Excellent Swiss! +rep Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Guard View Post
    love your mods it makes so you don't have to play chess missing some of the pieces, and if you any help for future mods (history wise) i'll be happy to help
    Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    swiss can we maybe see pics of the unlocked units? thanks!
    Hello Britishballer, sorry but I don't have the time to make screenshots of these unlocked units at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    So if I use this, will I not be able to use the realism mod? Or will the stats of the unlocked units be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Is this compatible with any version of the Tyrant Overhaul mod?
    Hello Jaymac and RuleBritannia, AUM-NAP is designed like AUM for ETW. So it is as compatible as possible with other mods, because I don't touch the vanilla unit stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Hello Hazbones, I don't touch the vanilla units because of the compatibility with other mods which change the vanilla units. The regions that we can assign to units are much less in NTW than in ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by calicheSCOT View Post
    I cannot seem to get the mod to work. I think the problem is with the user.script file. I placed the one which came with the mod in the script folder but do I need to modify it?
    what's going wrong, same problem when I try to load a little mod of mine to change artillery gun from 4 to 8, but if I save it in PFManager as mod, NTW does not take care of it, if I save it as movie or patch NTW result is CTD

I updated the installation information that it is more clear.
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Add this line to your user.script.txt
    mod aum_nap_mod.pack;

Whenever updating/saving the user.script.txt make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format. It should be saved in Unicode format or else NTW will not read the script.

There is an example script file included in the mod which you can use.

Ducenarius

The lines gotta be. . .

mod "aum_nap_mod.pack"; as is the case with any mod to load using the user.script method that I've experienced as of yet.

you had it ;"

others didn't have the " " included.

make sure it is deposited in here. . .

AppData/Roaming/CreativeAssembly/Napoleon/Scripts

Swiss and Husser your dudes eyes must be weary from coding, unless maybe for some reason your stuff just works differently
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Nice work Swiss !

Question: Where did the Victory even come from i ddint see it in the NTW rosters.

Either way glad to have more ships, il try an incorporate aum into tyrant this week end if thats still cool (all in 1 mod pack just to gremlin cull)

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    The lines gotta be. . .
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack"; as is the case with any mod to load using the user.script method that I've experienced as of yet.
    Swiss and Husser your dudes eyes must be weary from coding, unless maybe for some reason your stuff just works differently
    Hello uos, the two " " are only needed if the mod does have spaces in it's name like "example mod with spaces.pack". If the mod doesn't have spaces in it, then it isn't needed to add the two " ".

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Nice work Swiss !
    Question: Where did the Victory even come from i ddint see it in the NTW rosters.
    Either way glad to have more ships, il try an incorporate aum into tyrant this week end if thats still cool (all in 1 mod pack just to gremlin cull)
    Thanks a lot Dogmeat and it is a honour that you include AUM into your Tyrants mod. By the way all included tables will not conflict with your mod as I designed AUM-NAP to be as compatible as possible with other mods.

The "HMS Victory" is a new created custom ship and didn't exist at all in vanilla NAP.