Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Napoleon (AUM-NAP) 2.6 - updated 24.11.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 1.6 - updated 20.3.10

Johans textfixes v0.1 is what i meant...it was added with the upc 1.5, if you go to the link it shows a few mods that the upc is compatible with and its function was to correct spelling errors and proper names of empires and kingdoms rather than vanillas. Anyways I did take it out and it did work but i just assumed it wouldnt have caused a problem since the link to the upc 1.5 shows mods that will all work together.
    Last edited by monte0525; March 23, 2010 at 12:04 PM.
    "Fear is the mind killer" Children of Dune
    Always hope for the best and expect the worst...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    CHeck the user.script part of the installation as if you get this wrong yeah it wont work make sure you have it in your scripts folder and that its in unicode format have those 2 things right it will work (dependant on other mods you have which may conflict so more info needed no one can help ya with dont work dont know why
    I didnt even knew that I need to add it to user script file.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Russia:

Russian Siemenovski Guards
    - Russische Siemenovski Garde
    - recruitable at the two latest military buildings
    ]
    Many thanks for that have paid attention of history of Russian army having created in yours to mod the well-known Preobrazhenskiy and Semenovsky regiments!
    But I wish to notice small discrepancy in the image of the Semenovsky regiment. The matter is that presented by you of a shako by 1800 have remained only in Pavlovsk to a regiment. The Semenovsky regiment had such a shako as well as other Guards regiments. Look here:
    http://www.memorandum.ru/viskowatov/...ic=pic1890.jpg
    http://www.memorandum.ru/viskowatov/...ic=pic1905.jpg
    P.S.: colour of a fabric of a uniform of Russian army was more dark. Dark green.

I see from the pic it looks like you use the flag mod by JTC brilliant work he has done to lol

We all enjoy your work greatly swiss I hate to ask a compatability question as well i can probably check myself but as a user of NTF(hussers start.pos mod) i believe he will be soon adding men to balkan factions i just wanted to get your initial thoughts on if you think this may cause some compatability isuues with your bruilliant AUM-NAP 1.6.

I currently enjoy the use of both mods(well 3 really as i use JTC work also ) with the use of the external GUI being able to select mods i can have the best of both worlds a game with AUM men with any faction i wish to play but at a click of a button a vanillia version(apart from faction names which doesnt affect multiplayer) for playing the world at MP keep up your much appreciated work more plus rep from me.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Does anyone else get unit click voice response issues with this mod? After installing it (or any other mod which edits localisation_en, I believe), all of my line infantry units say, 'Garde revolutionaire!' or similar when they're just regular line infantry and obviously not Revolutionary Guards. I've scrolled through localisation_en in the PFM a dozen times and can't find anything relating to unit voices; it does this on another small mod I made myself, which only edited the text attributes of the Grand Convention cannon and nothing else, and yet it still messed up the Line Infantry sounds.

Any ideas?

No one has figured this out yet mate when you had custom units you mix up the voice recognition files of clicking on a unit its a problem people know and are trying to figure out but of yet no solution found.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Swiss - well done and even only in a week since i was on site we have two updates from you +Rep

No one has figured this out yet mate when you had custom units you mix up the voice recognition files of clicking on a unit its a problem people know and are trying to figure out but of yet no solution found.
    That sure is obnoxious! Thanks for the info.

Did Empire do this too, or is it just Napoleon?

I always add the AUM units and these are great. I just wish there was a way to have a version without the camel riders and French Egyptian infantry. The camels looked a little odd attacking my Austrians in a snow storm.

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

use PFM as I did and you will have these. This mod is very good and If @Swiss Halberdier added these he did it because he likes these units. It's OK , all we can not agree to anything it's also simple to use your point mod . Personal I'm very grateful with all the lads here that try to moding the game , and I try to have my own point of mod idea . But if Swiss let me, I can upload an AUM version without mamelouks and the rest of france-egyptian units as I'm also not using these

Better to give the mamulaks to the ottomans they fit in there roster better to use them for something then leave them out might be time to warm up the PFM But generally swiss's vision has been a master piece
    Last edited by Soul Firez; March 24, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

I have a problem. The country names have changed but I can't see the new units ANYWHERE...

CHeck the user.script part of the installation as if you get this wrong yeah it wont work make sure you have it in your scripts folder and that its in unicode format have those 2 things right it will work (dependant on other mods you have which may conflict so more info needed no one can help ya with dont work dont know why

Unicode format? I have it saved as a .txt file and I am not sure whether that's unicode... Sorry for being a noob.

Laetus

I really like your mod but I am having some problems with it. I have downloaded the mod itself and added the line to the user script and it works fine, however when I quit the game the user script sets back to default and the added line disappears. So when I start the game again the mod doesn't work anymore. Do you know what I can do about this?

When you save as a Text file you will see below this another selection box for what format you wish it in it should be unicode but sometimes reverts to ansil which doesnt get read by NTW so go to your user script click file on it press to save leave it as text and below you will see another rectangle selection box if this says unicode save it. If it doesnt open the box and select unicode (just unicode there is 2 types of unicode the one that just says unicode.

Hope that helps i never was good at explaining things.

@JW1 never heard of the user script doing that the prefrences file yes user script no are you using the NTF mod by chance ?? and have you tried opening the properties of the files and click the read only property to stop it wiping it (which again i have never heard of except with use of ntf which has a user.script clearing button LOL.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; March 25, 2010 at 11:07 AM.

Laetus

Oke, I just set the file properties of the script to read only and now it doesn't wipe the line anymore! Ik checked all the files again (C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts) and in that file I don't have a ''user script'' only a preference script. I put the add line in there, saved it, put it on read only and now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help Soul Firez! I don't know to much about PC's and I could never have worked this out on my own.

And also a big thanks to Swiss for making this nice mod! it makes the game so much better!

JW11lmb

Installation question

How do I ensure that the script file after adding the new line is saves as ANSI and not UNICODE?. If saved in wrong format how do I convert it?

I use 32bit XP

THanks

Quote Originally Posted by JW11lmb View Post
    Oke, I just set the file properties of the script to read only and now it doesn't wipe the line anymore! Ik checked all the files again (C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts) and in that file I don't have a ''user script'' only a preference script. I put the add line in there, saved it, put it on read only and now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help Soul Firez! I don't know to much about PC's and I could never have worked this out on my own.

And also a big thanks to Swiss for making this nice mod! it makes the game so much better!

JW11lmb
    user.script.txt doesn't exist until you create it i.e. the game installation does not create it.
    preferences.script.txt however is part of the game installation, and is always overwritten when you exit the game UNLESS you take measures to stop it doing so i.e. setting it read-only. Not really a good idea since if you want to change in-game options (graphics etc) they won't get saved and will be lost when you next run the game.
    user.script.txt is never overwritten by the default game, however some mod managers (if you have any installed) might overwrite it so as to control mod selection. user.script.txt is normally the file you would use for defining mods and other variables such as using the Debug camera, switching off the battlefield screen shaking etc, since you wouldn't normally lose these additional settings as the DEFAULT game doesn't overwrite it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Installation question

How do I ensure that the script file after adding the new line is saves as ANSI and not UNICODE?. If saved in wrong format how do I convert it?

I use 32bit XP

THanks
    Simply edit the file again, and instead of just clicking on SAVE, click on SAVE AS. This will allow you to select the format of the saved file i.e. UNICODE.