Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Napoleon (AUM-NAP) 2.6 - updated 24.11.17

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 2.2 - updated 13.11.10

Great mod, but unfortunately when I use this with the EIC mod, the names for the units don't appear.

I followed these instructions to the letter...

Installation:
    - Download (links at the bottom of the post) and unrar
    - Put both files in your NTW\data folder
    - Add line Quote:
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";

at the top of your user.script.txt file and save it
    - !!! Remove "Europe In Conflict loc.pack" from NTW\data folder !!!
    - Play
    ???

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

JCBW you need to download the Unit Compatibility Project mod for the text entries and make sure you don't have a second .loc file ion your Data folder.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Icon5 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 2.2 - updated 13.11.10

First off, love the mod, just got a simple modding question. I want to up all of the unit sizes for the new units as well as old units. I first checked out this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...artillery+size but this doesn't add more cannons, just men, so I started to try to figure this whole modding thing out.

I opened up your pack file with PFM and pulled out this table: aum_nap_unit_stats_land, and doubled all the sizes like I wanted, and then did the same with the unit_stats_land table from patch3.pack. Bundled it into a mod and added it after AUM in Mod Manager.

This seems to work for all but a few unit types still have the smaller unit size (in particular Royal British Marines and Royal British Fusiliers). Does anyone know why what I did works for all other units but not these two? This is my first attempt at modding anything in empire so I'm probably just missing something stupid. The only other mods I'm using are bloodmod and the UPC.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Fixed, just put my mod on top in MM, doh!
    Last edited by OrionN; February 20, 2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Issue Resolved

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Hello everyone.
    Excuse my english but i´not an englishman.
    I found this forum just a few days ago and i have to tell this.At the first point i would like to express my admiration to the work of these two gentleman Swiss Halberdier and Georider.Its impressiv.Your mods have advance this glorious game to another dimension.The units made by you are breathtaking.Also the retextures are wonderfull.I appreciate that your two mods are compatibile.First i have some troubles to get it work but wheres the will theres the road.Here i want to thanks many other people who have give many usefull advices to this theme witch helped my and im sure to other people too.Mabye it will be a good idea to get all of the downloadable mods,patchs and tips to a one single page.It will be much easyer for new users-fans to find all of this great things.Here i have a question.Are they any other intresting mod compatibile with aum_nap and georiders mod that i should now?Please somebody let my know.Allow my along with this to give some tips to modemakers for new units.
    There were two regiments of Old Guard.

1er Grenadiers-ŕ-Pied de la Garde
    It was the senior regiment of Napoleon's infantry. They were nicknamed "The Grumblers" (Grognards -in French). This name was given in 1807 during campaign in Poland. Napoleon was in a foul humor and gave the complaining on mud, hunger and weather Guardsmen a nickname "The Grumblers". Some had 20 campaigns and more !
    Colonels: in 1804 Higonet, 1805-1807 Dorsenne, 1807-1813 Michel, 1813-1815 Petit.
    1er Chasseurs-ŕ-Pied de la Garde.
    The second in seniority regiment of Napoleon's infantry. Although they were shorter than the grenadiers they were gayer, livelier "and more supple".
    Colonels: in 1804 Gros, 1813 Decouz, Rottenmbourg and then Cambronne, in 1815 Michel, Cambronne and then Pelet. The illiterate Gros was a tall, powerful man, "with a voice like a trumpet." Napoleon once said about him, "Gros lives in the smoke of cannon like a fish in water. It is his element." But the real Old Guard, the Old of the Old, and the best of the best were only the 1er Grenadiers and 1er Chasseurs.
    mabye it will inspire you.
    I cannot wait to see more mods from bouth of you.Thanks to you and all the people who have make this possible.RESPECT!!! With best wisches to all total war fans Andre J. Jassoch and a small group of fans from SLOVAKIA.

I will answer these two questions this weekend.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre J. Jassoch View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Excuse my english but i´not an englishman.
    I found this forum just a few days ago and i have to tell this.At the first point i would like to express my admiration to the work of these two gentleman Swiss Halberdier and Georider.Its impressiv.Your mods have advance this glorious game to another dimension.The units made by you are breathtaking.Also the retextures are wonderfull.I appreciate that your two mods are compatibile.First i have some troubles to get it work but wheres the will theres the road.Here i want to thanks many other people who have give many usefull advices to this theme witch helped my and im sure to other people too.Mabye it will be a good idea to get all of the downloadable mods,patchs and tips to a one single page.It will be much easyer for new users-fans to find all of this great things.Here i have a question.Are they any other intresting mod compatibile with aum_nap and georiders mod that i should now?Please somebody let my know.Allow my along with this to give some tips to modemakers for new units.
    There were two regiments of Old Guard.

1er Grenadiers-ŕ-Pied de la Garde
    It was the senior regiment of Napoleon's infantry. They were nicknamed "The Grumblers" (Grognards -in French). This name was given in 1807 during campaign in Poland. Napoleon was in a foul humor and gave the complaining on mud, hunger and weather Guardsmen a nickname "The Grumblers". Some had 20 campaigns and more !
    Colonels: in 1804 Higonet, 1805-1807 Dorsenne, 1807-1813 Michel, 1813-1815 Petit.
    1er Chasseurs-ŕ-Pied de la Garde.
    The second in seniority regiment of Napoleon's infantry. Although they were shorter than the grenadiers they were gayer, livelier "and more supple".
    Colonels: in 1804 Gros, 1813 Decouz, Rottenmbourg and then Cambronne, in 1815 Michel, Cambronne and then Pelet. The illiterate Gros was a tall, powerful man, "with a voice like a trumpet." Napoleon once said about him, "Gros lives in the smoke of cannon like a fish in water. It is his element." But the real Old Guard, the Old of the Old, and the best of the best were only the 1er Grenadiers and 1er Chasseurs.
    mabye it will inspire you.
    I cannot wait to see more mods from bouth of you.Thanks to you and all the people who have make this possible.RESPECT!!! With best wisches to all total war fans Andre J. Jassoch and a small group of fans from SLOVAKIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply , the reason I asked that actually I HAVE A HUGE FAVOR TO ASK YOU I play your mod in empire and I play with the French and I wanted to change the hat for French Grenadiers ( Ornamentum Mod included in AUM 3.1 Empire ) for the Swiss Guard that look pretty much as the Old Guard In NTW ..like this will have almost an Old Guard in Empire ..if I don't ask too much and if you have time can you look into it..I know I ask a custom AUM for me but please ..and it's a shame I cant have Middle Guard in Empire that unit really amazing. I would understand if you don't have the time to do it but if you want something done properly I thought it worth the ask directlly ``The Source`` ..you.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
    First off, love the mod, just got a simple modding question. I want to up all of the unit sizes for the new units as well as old units. I first checked out this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...artillery+size but this doesn't add more cannons, just men, so I started to try to figure this whole modding thing out.
    Edit: Fixed, just put my mod on top in MM, doh!
    Hello OrionN, thanks and good that it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsherpe View Post
    The Add-on is most pleasing, I do have one problem with it however. It would appear the British dialogue has become messed up, most noticeably Linemen and Highland infantry referring to themselves as 'Revolutionary guard'. This spoils the atmosphere unfortunately and i was wondering if there is a fix for this.
    Hello Ltsherpe, thanks for your nice comment. There is a "sound issue with wrong unit speeches" if you click on an unit. This problem is there since ETW and unfortunately there is no solution and all unit pack mods have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Swiss Halberdier can you add the units from the "Fäderneslandet (swedish unit pack)" mod? I can't get it working with AUM. Thanks.
    Hello Geronimo, try to load the Swedish unit pack above AUM-NAP in the script file.

Winner of the 2010 award: [Napoleon] Favourite Unit Pack

Thanks a lot to all who voted for me! I'm very happy about this award and I appreciate it that you like AUM-NAP!

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Hi, i just found this mod as i was looking for one for nap. but i wanted to know if 2 rank fire was a special ability before i dowload? like diamond formation for cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    Hi, i just found this mod as i was looking for one for nap. but i wanted to know if 2 rank fire was a special ability before i dowload? like diamond formation for cavalry.
    Hello Blob, if you play vanilla Napoleon you'll see that only the first rank fires and the second rank doesn't fire. This version allows all custom units to fire with the first and second rank like you know it from Empire:TW.

- added "two rank fire" to all custom units (except for Light Infantry/Riflemen/Cavalry)
    - changed the "file spacing", "rank spacing" and "skirmish" ability of all custom units

Use this version with hosted mods, compilations and/or other unit packs that use "two rank fire". You could try the "normal" and "two rank fire" versions to see the difference.

I updated the information on the first page in the related section.

Hello to all AUM-NAP fans,

at the moment I'm working on my upcoming AUM 3.2 for Empire which will be released soon. After that I will start to work on the next AUM-NAP 2.3.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

k, thanks by the way, good job, rep to you.

Hi how do i open the launcher it opens it in windows media player i tried oping it in winrar and 7 zip file manager
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    k, thanks by the way, good job, rep to you.
    Thanks a lot blob!

Quote Originally Posted by gray4203 View Post
    Hi how do i open the launcher it opens it in windows media player i tried oping it in winrar and 7 zip file manager
    Thank you
    Hello gray, please use the latest version here: http://www.7-zip.org

DUKE OF CAXIAS's Avatar Civis

Hi Swiss, do already have an idea of wich units you will implement in the next version? I'm a fan of your work in both AUM!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Problem solved I just changed the prefix before some of the Swedish mod tables and now it works with AUM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE OF CAXIAS View Post
    Hi Swiss, do already have an idea of wich units you will implement in the next version? I'm a fan of your work in both AUM!
    Hello Duke of Caxias, thanks a lot for your nice comment.

Here is the preview changelog:
    - several minor changes of the stats/costs
    - units from my texture contributors
    - new naval units

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Problem solved I just changed the prefix before some of the Swedish mod tables and now it works with AUM.
    Good that it works now!

i have got no names on my units

Quote Originally Posted by gray4203 View Post
    i have got no names on my units
    Hello gray, please copy an UPC language file into your NTW data directory.

Please be sure that only one language file is loaded at the same time in your directory. Please delete all older UPC or other language files from other mods that are in there.

Looking forward for the new 2.3 AUm-NAP ...and even more for I know already ur amazing AUM-STW ....BTW how can I give you a +rep I realy dont know how

Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    Looking forward for the new 2.3 AUm-NAP ...and even more for I know already ur amazing AUM-STW ....BTW how can I give you a +rep I realy dont know how
    Hello nebucodonosor, thanks a lot for your nice comment! You can click on this button on the left side of each post.

Hello to all AUM-NAP and SHOGUN 2 Demo players,

today I released the first version of
    ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.0.

At the moment it isn't possible to create custom units because several important DB tables aren't accessible yet. I optimized the abilities of several vanilla units.

I tested AUM-SHO 1.0 with .Mitch.'s amazing Battle Creator.

All changes below will fully work in your own created custom battles and with all other mods.

AUM-SHO 1.0 changelog:
    Changed the unit abilites of these vanilla units:

- all Generals can now use "wedge_formation"

- these "Yari" units can now use "pike_wall_formation":
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Hero"
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai_Dojo"
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai_Hattori"
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai"
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin"

- these "Hero units" can now use "rapid_advance":
    "Inf_Sword_Katana_Hero"
    "Inf_Sword_Katana_Hero_Shimazu"
    "Inf_Missile_Bow_Hero"
    "Inf_Missile_Bow_Hero_Chosokabe"

- these "Matchlock Warrior Monks" can now use "rank_fire":
    "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks"
    "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks_Uesugi"

Please read my first post there.

AUM 3.2 for EMPIRE will be released this weekend.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-SHO 1.0!
    Swiss Halberdier

Hi Swiss Hal.

I'm gonna repeat what's been said over again - Well done on those new units! Your aum units are sleek and balanced. It must have taken you ages to make.

I've been tinkering with your mod trying to make it look more professional. A lot of aum_units do not have customised name titles or description details when we try to open the unit detail tab. I guess someone probably mentioned this too.

I did find this useful tutorial (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=350552) but have had trouble getting it to work on your mod for over 2 days straight. I'm still a modding freshman, if you got time, please enlighten me

PS- Under your db, units_tables, aum_nap_units table's Localisation Key there are three customised entries with aum headings that I can work with. Everything else just turn up blank when I tried to change them. How did you edit those three entries?
    Last edited by Sacrebleu!; March 05, 2011 at 04:59 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

A question to you about the recruitment of foreign troops.

Are they realy recruited in the supply depot, or in the capitale of the region where the supply depot is?

Because I tried that yesterday on my own mod. I added a unit to the supply depot, and nowhere else.

And when I selected the supply depot on the campaign map, I couldn't recruit unit there. But if I selected Bordeaux, the unit was recruitable in the city.

Also, I tried to add a unit in the Gentleman club, but then the game game crashed when loading.

How did you make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post
    Hi Swiss Hal.
    I'm gonna repeat what's been said over again - Well done on those new units! Your aum units are sleek and balanced. It must have taken you ages to make.

I've been tinkering with your mod trying to make it look more professional. A lot of aum_units do not have customised name titles or description details when we try to open the unit detail tab. I guess someone probably mentioned this too.

I did find this useful tutorial (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=350552) but have had trouble getting it to work on your mod for over 2 days straight. I'm still a modding freshman, if you got time, please enlighten me

PS- Under your db, units_tables, aum_nap_units table's Localisation Key there are three customised entries with aum headings that I can work with. Everything else just turn up blank when I tried to change them. How did you edit those three entries?
    Hello Sacrebleu, thanks a lot for your nice comment about my work. I've read your posts and good that it works.

Because of my limited time I used the "vanilla" descriptions for several custom units. It's on my task list to customize these descriptions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    A question to you about the recruitment of foreign troops.
    Are they realy recruited in the supply depot, or in the capitale of the region where the supply depot is?

Because I tried that yesterday on my own mod. I added a unit to the supply depot, and nowhere else.

And when I selected the supply depot on the campaign map, I couldn't recruit unit there. But if I selected Bordeaux, the unit was recruitable in the city.

Also, I tried to add a unit in the Gentleman club, but then the game game crashed when loading.

How did you make it work?
    Hello Steph, all units assigned to these buildings show up in the city recruitment queue:

tSecret1_gentlemens_club
    tSecret2_secret_society
    tSecret3_masonic_lodge

tSupply1_supply_post
    tSupply2_supply_warehouse
    tSupply3_supply_depot