Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Mr. Lucas should have just made another movie or just give all star wars rights to Bioware who probably will have created more star wars lore than george lucas when this game is online for a few years.

There's more than enough people churning out SW-lore as it is, we definetly don't need anymore, not even BioWare.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

I love star wars lore and bioware did a great job on Kotor and i think Obsidian did a good job on Kotor 2 considering the time restriction they had to finish the game and such. The lore from both games is great and well done but i think saying well we are making this Mmo so we can cover kotor 3-8 or whatever it was is just saying we want to make a load of money whilst pretending we are doing for the fans. I always hoped obsidian would take on kotor 3 as they where intersted but i guess lucas arts prefered the money from an Mmo than allowing the fans to get their single player they longed for.

Also about the armour this guy from the force unleashed wears it all the time and he is a master.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

A jedi Master that pretty much became a rebel commander. It does make sense for him. And this still contains the robes which many KOTOR outfits dont.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Still i think the argument was armoured jedi's are ridicules which i dont believe as their are many examples of them wearing it as shown with kota.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Sith wear armor jedi mostly don't.

are they going to make the travel system like Mass effect with that galaxy map or not?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Comes Domesticorum

Probably, considering it's basically the same system as KotOR.

Comes Domesticorum

Man, the more I think about it, the more I think BioWare ed up classes in this game, at least for me.

The fact that all the classes that I would be interested in playing are on the Sith side is very annoying, as I don't want to be a Jedi since they are not actually loyal to the Republic, only to their idea of democracy, and troopers are just dumb grunts. Smugglers are criminals, so yeah, not much option for me there. I don't know why they didn't do the WoW system where most classes could be played by any faction, with certain classes only being unique to each faction or race.

I would've loved playing the equivalent of the Imperial Agent for the Republic.

Wildrek's Avatar Senator

Why did they have to make it MMO? All they care about is money....

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Man, the more I think about it, the more I think BioWare ed up classes in this game, at least for me.

The fact that all the classes that I would be interested in playing are on the Sith side is very annoying, as I don't want to be a Jedi since they are not actually loyal to the Republic, only to their idea of democracy, and troopers are just dumb grunts. Smugglers are criminals, so yeah, not much option for me there. I don't know why they didn't do the WoW system where most classes could be played by any faction, with certain classes only being unique to each faction or race.

I would've loved playing the equivalent of the Imperial Agent for the Republic.
    I disagree. I think Bioware has done an excellent job (thus far) of making the non-Jedi classes interesting, and a smuggler doesn't have to be a criminal - at least a criminal in the Republic's eyes. Jetpacks, flamethrowers, grenade launchers, dual-wield, orbital strikes.....oh yeah, and force lightning and lightsabers. What's not to like? I'm thinking Smuggler for my first character. I like dual-wielding gunslinger action.

i think i will play trooper
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Think I will go with Imperial Agent. They sound pretty badass.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

doubt it will even become an mmorpg. Most wannabe mmorpgs dont ever hit the "massive" scale and thus fails and are boring to play.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Comes Domesticorum

I can't think of any other single MMO that has had the same anticipation as this, except WoW.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Warhammer online? Age of conan? ahem
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I can't think of any other single MMO that has had the same anticipation as this, except WoW.
    Which is both good and bad.
    I can imagine things will be like this.
    1. The game is released and massive sales.
    2. Game will be good but people realise that this is not the messiah and will leave and spend the rest of the next 2-3 years bashing the game either by blowing things out of proportion or simply lying, driving some people away.
    3. Game will drop even further because of these people
    4. Bioware will(hopefully) stick with it, make more content, add more features and things will stabilize and numbers grow as people calm down and actually see what there is in the game instead of what it doesn't.

But it requires commitment from Bioware to see this through to the end and don't give up.
    WoW didn't do that well at the start but Blizzard stuck with it and look at where it is now.
    Eve Online didn't do that well either but the same, made more content, added more features and that game is growning now and is very succesful.
    Bioware needs to look at these, especially CCP and look at how they are doing it. I read one article that said that TOR will need 1 million subs to be profitable and I think Bioware can do that and more.
    Again, if they stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    doubt it will even become an mmorpg. Most wannabe mmorpgs dont ever hit the "massive" scale and thus fails and are boring to play.
    I beg to differ...
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Other than Wow, there is no other mmo out there with such a large fan-base, right? Plus the immense hype about the Bioware "gods" working on the game.

this alone is enough to cause a wave or two. after that, yea. who knows. total fail maybe.
    No.

Comes Domesticorum

Well unless the game they produce is terrible, then it will definitely be successful in the short-term at least, and I'm sure they'll be providing fixes and updates and possibly expansions as things go on.

Still, I wish they had some more options in classes.