Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

I've been keeping track of the TOR Expansion stuff on Dulfy and it looks like cross-class companions will be in the game (e.g. in KotFE you can recruit a few companions from the other Base class stories like Trooper and stuff).

They plan to release a lot more about it soon, probably in August or Early September.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

can i ask something as a sith warior. can you romance jaesa willsaam if you are light side sith
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

As far as I know you can romance her if you choose for her to be light or dark, but I haven't finished her story though.

Only darkside Jaesa.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    Only darkside Jaesa.
    thanks for the answer but i already knew that. do you know if you need to be dark side as well
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Likely its just about your responses to her since the game is not as deep as KOTOR where companions actually take note of you being dark side or light side.

Dark Side Jaesa is annoying though, she just instantly turns into a sick psychopath. It's like Anakin's change when he is named Darth Vader, but 10 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    thanks for the answer but i already knew that. do you know if you need to be dark side as well
    No you dont need to be dark side. But of course you need to make a dark side choice when you pick her so you can maqke her dark side.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dark Side Jaesa is annoying though, she just instantly turns into a sick psychopath. It's like Anakin's change when he is named Darth Vader, but 10 times worse.
    That was my issue with DS Jaesa. It really goes for pretty much every Jedi for some reason. Everyone is either a nutjob goody-goody-two-shoes or a sick psychopath.

I liked darkside jaesa, perfect mix of crazy with my darkside pureblood sith juggernaut. She is married to him. He would never dare cheat on her though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If you go full darkside as Sith warrior you turn into a total xD

I don't get why you can't marry her as lightside. In fact I don't get the whole "no relationships" stigma, period. Pretty much every jedi in the franchise has gotten laid at some point.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 02, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

I've been playing a little more often since I started doing events with a different imperial guild. Republic side is completely dead for anything other than PvP ftmp, on PoT5. I don't really care to move all my characters even with the discount on transfers, but I did move a 55 sentinel to The Harbinger to buy something off the GTN, and the prices are much cheaper since there is much more supply. All I gotta do is get that sentinel to 60 and start farming creds and I can just buy stuff when it is cheaper on that server, and unlock the stuff through collections to use on my main characters on the other server.

Pretty much the sith are cartoon villains and the jedi are naive idiots. Often some sort of doomsday device is involved as well. It has all the ingredients of a saturday morning cartoon. Bioware might be great at writing for such a thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It seems to be all they're capable of writing at this point. After KOTOR 1/2 and Mass Effect, granted both of which involved "doomsday devices", they're pretty much burned out.

At least Mass Effect put a fantastic, original twist on the whole "galactic invasion" thing, and KOTOR II's villain was anything but "cartoony". KOTOR's "doomsday device" was technically just a factory.

KotoR II isnt Bioware, was made by obsidian...

Bioware was always like this though. They go for the simple thing.
    And Star wars is cartoony. First big hint, the movies, themselfs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

True.

To an extent yes. Though KOTOR really captured the atmosphere of the movies perfectly, better than any other star wars game in my opinion and added to it. Its a better story than the movies to me because it has some more mature moments, more debate about light and dark.

Also, other people are competent and can show wisdom. In TOR its pretty much a running joke how your allies fail at everything they do. Heck even someone important gets murdered in the middle of a republic base.. just being dead when you return from a mission without any explanation about how it could even happen.

In KOTOR, various jedi on Dantooine really seem to be quite wise and can teach you things. And many matters you need to deal with are not simply made into some simple light/dark choice but allow for shades of grey and more than two opposite outcomes.
    You could actually mess things up like causing the two dantooine families to slaughter each other. I think theres multible outcomes there. Or be killed at the Manaan trial if you give the wrong answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You could actually mess things up like causing the two dantooine families to slaughter each other. I think theres multible outcomes there. Or be killed at the Manaan trial if you give the wrong answers.
    This was awesome^^

in the info about the new expansion it says "" The original eight class stories will also be enhanced to make them more immersive and engaging single-player story arcs, and the game's end-game Operations and other content will also be upgraded to levels 60 and above.".
    what does this mean i exactly. i want to know whether i should start a campaign with my favorite class or wait after the expansion in case it has new improvements to the original game
    Last edited by clone; July 05, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Robert E. Howard

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I dunno, I haven't checked Dulfy in a couple weeks so it might have more info about the expansion. Been busy playing Mass Effect 1/2 and then 1 again just for the citadel battle at the end.

Don't count on them improving anything about the original storyline so far. Whatever they release they seem to abandon straight away to move on to something new to abandon quickly as well. They never really seem to expand much on something other than the Cartell market.

The legacy system, galactic starfighter, the original planets and class stories, etc. It's like they have a new team working on the game each month or such and they all want to focus on something new rather than improving what they have.