Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153178193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4149

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Yeah for all the chapters you have to sub. There's a free trial for KOTFE going on right now or something.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well now that I watched the new movie and I had an itch again to play star wars games, I am reinstalling TOR.

Seems to be a huge mess though, it said I could play on starting planets while the rest installs but in character select most characters dont appear or have textures missing or are partially invisible. I logged in with someone who was on korriban but she had huge green globes presumably over the lightsabers, and I had a lot of spam in my mailbox about gear that was recovered, appearantly what my companions where using. The game was way too buggy and slow to be called playable though so they shouldnt say it is while installing when it clearly is not.

I'll try again when its fully installed and might see about subscribing for a month since not even the last name can be displayed as a prefered player it seems.. they are so petty in their greed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

First, don't download it via Bitraider. Google how to do it via SSN. The download is only like 33 Gigs instead of 45 Gigs, and SSN is far less buggy.

And yeah, they overhauled a lot of the game, made it stupidly easy (your companion can do basically everything for you now in story mode and heroic missions). So people don't know their class, rotation, etc. Flashpoints and SM Ops are stupid now, because the trash is harder than the bosses and half your group has no clue what to do.

I'm Eudoxia on Jedi Covenant.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; April 27, 2016 at 06:50 AM.

I actually like how companions are handled now since it was a hassle to keep their gear upgraded and being forced to stick with the companion that complements your own character best even if you hate their personality.

I'm really enjoying the story of the last expansion to be honest, this is what TOR should have been from the beginning, what I expected it to be. Those cutscenes with the villains where seriously needed from the start to actually get some connection with the story. The enviroments also look pretty great and the enemies too. I like how they moved on to a better design for armor and weapons, generally in the newer cartell packs too it seems. Still some lazy stuff there but there used to be a lot of stuff that looked utterly rediculous.

Nice to actually play a proper bioware story again and I quite like that it is easier since I never liked the combat much, way too many skills for my taste. I just like to go through the story. It's just so strange that only now they started to really write a good story. It got a bit better in the expansons but only now has it become worthy of the Bioware name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well it's not exactly replayable, because it's the same for all classes and the "choices that matter" so far don't actually matter, but for one in chapter 10.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Honestly they never should have released this in chapters. I have not played in like a month or two.
    Anyway I'm going to wait until more chapters get released before I even think about subscribing.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Well choices never mattered in TOR so its not what I expect to be honest. I keep the bar very low for any product that has EA on it.
    And I rather see them tell one story properly than give us eight bad stories again like what they launched the game with. Even the best of them was weak compared to KOTOR.

But what the hell where they thinking with character creation? When you make a new character now, they wont shut up. They keep repeating the same few horrid lines as you customise them. Its very annoying. Can turn off the sound of course, but I still see them do it.
    Last edited by Inhuman One; April 28, 2016 at 09:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

But what the hell where they thinking with character creation? When you make a new character now, they wont shut up. They keep repeating the same few horrid lines as you customise them. Its very annoying. Can turn off the sound of course, but I still see them do it.
    Yes it is very annoying. I think that's always been there though.

You'll find that is the least of your concerns when it comes to the sheer number of bugs in SWTOR now...

No, this is new. It was not there before in the past. They must have added it later or its the result of my reinstall.

Also there dont seem to be level 65 mods available at any vendors and they are rediculously overpriced on the GTN and I am trying to gear up before continueing the story further. And with my connection being not that trustworthy lately, flashpoints or such are not an option.

Patrician

Even when I was fighting the Exarchs I got a million glitches.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

GSF hasn't had a bug fixed in 2 years, it took them 2 months to fix a serious bug that caused stationary bosses to not move and that alone killed most of the PvE community, the new PvP maps are bugged. Many of the Shadow/Assassin abilities are bugged on top of the fact that class got hit hard with the nerfhammer and Bioware hasn't even acknowledged the class has bugs.

The problem with PvP balance is that things that can make a class "OP" in PvP can have little effect on PvE balance... and yet the nerf to said thing can have a serious effect on the PvE play of that same class

Patrician

Yes I agree. I crushed so many NPCs with my Shien Sith Juggernaut but in PVP I get slaughtered.
    The opposite is true when I use my Lightning Sith Sorceror.

Patrician

So I was playing SWTOR and I went to Odessen, a new chapter started immediately so I played it despite not being subbed. I finished and did the "Reclaimed Treasure" mission and now when I go talk to my contacts (specifically Dr. Oggurobb) it locks me out of the alliance camps areas with the red net that says "personal phase" and "you are not eligible to enter at this time"... wut?

I would send a ticket but since I am not subbed there is no way to send a ticket, WTF!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Look on the SWTOR forums, this might be a known bug, not sure. I think I have seen it mentioned there.

Also, sub. The game isn't worth playing without one.

Patrician

I was sort of waiting for more chapters to come out honestly.

This monthly chapter thing just isn't worth it. They should do two or three a month.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Problem is they need new group PvE content. Story chapters don't give a game substance like new raids do.

Patrician

Playing on the West Coast server "the Harbinger" and there were like 100 people. It just seems like PVP has gone down since teams look noticeably smaller.

I also finished the Jedi Consular story and boy was it dull. I barely remember it at all. I remember like Tython and Coruscant and forgot everything else before Hoth (except Taris). Though the ending was better with the whole twist as to the identity of the First Son. I did like all the cultural stuff with all the different peoples you meet. The story of the Esh Kha and Voss was more clear now though some of it could have been better done. The politics could have been better as well because they were essential to this story with the whole "Rift Alliance" thing.
    I also can't remember what the hell happened to master Yuon Par or what was causing the the Force "disease" thing. It was just so dull and uneventful that I can't remember it.

The characters were some of the worst so far. Qyzen Fess was a cool lizard man who was all ethnic and stuff, not bad. Wish the whole Herald of the Keeper was more relevant. Zenith was an interesting "ends justify the means" but he doesn't really do anything at all. Theran Cedrax was frikking weird and he didn't do much. Lieutenant Felix Iresso didn't do anything either and though his backstory was kinda interesting he was also very pointless. Nadia Grell was better than some of the other characters but not better than other Force users. Her backstory implies a lot of things which are done haphazardly. She doesn't get much character development and is not that important to the main story other than that she is your apprentice and a member of the Rift Alliance.
    Though I think she had potential.

The gameplay was boring because I was playing as a Sage Telekinetic. I basically just stood still throwing telekinetic waves at boring NPCs and the occasional rock or pebble. Had I played with a saber staff then it would have been more exciting and action packed.

I made another Sith Warrior so I could play that story again. By far one of the best stories. After that I will play a new story so Agent or Trooper I guess.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 17, 2016 at 01:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

TK sage is one of the better classes, particularly for PVP and Ops. Learn your rotation and gear out and you could have a blast.

This isn't a single player game, after all, despite what James Ohlen said yesterday ("Online Role-Playing Game?" FFS YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!)

Patrician

Unfortunately I suck at figuring out these rotations. Basically I have to use gear which increases the speed at which I cast spells. My character is basically a turret which stands there and blasts spells everywhere.
    I use PVP a lot for leveling.