Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156181196197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4149

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

It's like they're trying to sabotage themselves.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

They lowered the bolster but raised the cxp gain.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The producer of SWTOR for the last two disasters, Ben Irving, has now been replaced:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170413

Patrician

It sounds like a good choice. But they are still updating the game? Crikey! I still need play KOTET if they will keep releasing stuff.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It seems the massive decline over the past few years has registered at EA and they've told them to get their act together.

I am surprised they haven't dumped the game down the gutter yet. I have friends who still play it, who have been still urging me to download it again. I just, still, don't want to pay a subscription. I have probably a couple years worth of story to catch up on. I wasn't even doing story when I played last cause all I did was multiplayer PvP. This might qualify as a reason to redownload at some point soon. If changes go in the right way, even with the decimated playerbase.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; April 14, 2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: too much MEA and ME3 MP

Patrician

I don't really like the MMO elements of this game though. At best I want to play PVP and do stories. But I really don't want to pay a subscription fee even if I have not done KOTET.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

So, is this game truly free to play yet?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nope, in fact it's even less so than before.

Patrician

You can do stuff for free but a huge chunk of it is still trapped behind a pay wall. I'm not sure what has changed since last year because I have not played this thing at all since like last April.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; April 22, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

I see. Thank you.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's definitely worth subscribing for like 1-2 months to play through the overwhelming majority of the story content, and then unsubbing when you're done. If you want to do endgame after that, you'd have to stay subscribed.

I'm not giving a dime to EA.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just played the last two expansion and i must say that is was really good. Although it wasnt very much compatible with my sith warrior who only lived to fight and become more powerful. I couldn't even give the throne to Arcann which was kinda gay.

The raids are also challenging and funny, and tanking the heroics was also quite fun. I am happy with how this game has developed.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm really pissed right now because we aren't getting new good SW related rpg or action games involves Jedi stuff just like no new TES game as long as ESO is doing well. Damn you EA and Bethesda.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SWTOR isn't doing well, so I fail to see how it's the reason we're not getting new Star Wars games. In fact I'd argue the fact it's not doing well is the reason why, because EA would leech the profits from this game for its other projects, and now its profit has tanked.

I logged into the game after some months again. Ahh the memories. Such a pity SWTOR is declining. So much potential wasted because...? I loved this game.
    Is there a chance for this game to be good again?

My Picture Gallery

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If they dump a hundred million dollars into it and hire a massive, qualified development team? Yes. But EA's not gonna do that. They're gonna let it wither away until the contract expires in 3 years.

But why EA is going to do that? Is there a reason? They got bored? Uninterested? Dont want to develop it further?

My Picture Gallery

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

EA doesn't understand that the kind of investment you have to put in to launch an MMO is the same as the investment you need to keep it running and be successful. Instead they slashed the budget (it cost 300 mil to make this game by the way) and reassigned all the developers to other projects and it went downhill, recovered with 1.7-2.8, declined slightly but remained stable with 3.0-3.3, had a short peak at the start of 4.0 thanks to a blur trailer and the launch of TFA, and then started dropping with 4.0-5.5 (which is what we're on now).