Page 1 of 208 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Default Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Discuss! Very excited! Looks like they will use the same music in SWTOR as in Kotor 1 and 2 Very happy.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

i will get it if it isnt monthly payment
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    i will get it if it isnt monthly payment
    It will have monthly payment.
    My pony jumps ever so high

I really don't think it will.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

All quality MMORPGs have some kind of monthly fee and I think I heard somewhere TOR will be no different, can't find any links that back me up but I would be extremely surprised if Bioware didn't go that path.

I've never really been that into MMORPGs, spent alot of time on World of Warcraft but did not really enjoy it outside the social interaction. Bioware has always been great at story elements and if they manage to add a dynamic story into a MMORPG world The Old Republic could end up really interesting .

I heard micro-transactions might be used...

You know, buying items with real cash...not good at all...

Comes Domesticorum

TOR will have monthly payment, they've verified it. Unfortunately for you guys I'm not the kind of person to actually look back and find where that happened.

To be honest, as much as I loved KotOR, I'm not looking forward to this since I'm really not digging the graphical style, the way the gameplay looks, and the fact that it seems very PG especially in relation to Mass Effect.

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Meh I really wanted a single player, and like they never explained what happened to Darth Revan and the Exile so I probably wont be dishing out money for this.

Comes Domesticorum

I'm guessing you discover what happens throughout the game, and that they'll eventually make a KotOR III out of it.

I don't think they've announced that you will have to pay yet...

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I'm guessing you discover what happens throughout the game, and that they'll eventually make a KotOR III out of it.
    Well I guess thats what Wookiepedia is for then.

Comes Domesticorum

I don't like the fact that there aren't any classes I can see myself playing on Republic, forcing me to go Sith.

Anyone planning on joining a guild already? Some other MMO-mates, perhaps?

I'll definetly be getting this - and I know a lot of my friends from SWG will too. Hopefully many of the old players who have left will return to try this gam out, so many awesome guys who's left...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

To summarize what I've said in other SW:TOR threads:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHERE'S MY KOTOR 3 YOU BASTARDS?!?
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I dont really like the style either. Jedi should not wear armor. It looks rediculous. Many styles of prequel robes would have been better and make them far more recognizable as jedi.

If it will cost me monthly, I want roleplay enforcement for that. Otherwise there is no point in playing the game. Why would I want to play a game thats just about running around and killing stuff, gathering loot and getting experience?

Sure it would look like star wars, but if I am going to walk around in a star wars universe I would much rather pick a role and a character and really roleplay.

I dont want stupid L33t speaking 13 year olds ruining the experience.

Bah, I think Bioware is trying to milk us.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

I think robes are for higher level Jedi...I have seen some concept art and it looks pretty nice.

Why can't Jedi wear armor? If you want to restrict certain powers and instead get an armor bonus, that'd be your choice. "It doesn't look iconic" is , if you want to roleplay a Force Sensitive wearing armor then that's your choice, not the game devs.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well since there wont be roleplay I really wont care about it, the game hardly exists to me.

And I said Jedi, not force sensitive.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah i think a lot of people (all who played KOTORs, basically) would prefer a single player game. I might be interested a bit if the graphical style and combat weren't so childish, but as it is, i'll pass.
    One can hope that after the main game is complete the team will delegate expansions and such to someone else and start making K3.
    My pony jumps ever so high