Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Default Re: Star Wars the Old Republic - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Yeah I haven't done any group content, only solo stuff so far.

FFS Bastila Robes have jumped up to 1 mil since the Revan expansion came out. Go figure, instead of being 2/5 the way I'm now 1/5 the way. BTW, I assume adaptive armor works by using mods?

But yeah, thanks KoH.
    Adaptive armor means it adapts to the orginal armor ratting of your character. For example. If you are a Trooper, you Use heavy armor, if you are a sentinel, you use medium armor. Adaptive armor means you can wear it no matter what, either you are a light armor character or a heavy one, the armor adaptive armor scales to its armor ratting. You wont suffer armor penalties.
    meaning you can use satele shan robes as a trooper if you wish etc. The costumization of the characters in swtor, its the best i seen in any game. As you can costumize your character and companions as you see fit.

Mods its what you should always use btw. Use orange type of gear/ Or adaptive, and spend the comendations you earn in the planets to buy blue mods. If you can use purple mods, as they are usualy better.

Btw you are able to do group content from the start, there is no lvl requirement. The first heroic missions are in the starter planets, at lvl 10 you have the first flashpoint wich brings you from the fleet to Coruscant/Dromund Kass.

btw an interesting versus match up
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 22, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I never used armor mods because I just use whatever I loot on the battlefield, and the majority of that isn't modifiable. I did buy a lightsaber once, but that's about it. I never sell the orange stuff cause I know from the context you're supposed to keep them, although even with mods my sentinel and offhand lightsabers pale in comparison to the ones I currently have. Meh, as long as they're yellow, I don't care.

(Not because Bastila has a yellow lightsaber, because yellow is just my favorite color period. I wear bright yellow crocs all the time. It's swagtacular.)

It depends of the lvl you are and the lvl of mods. use mods of your lvl not underleveled ones. Usualy flashoints drop nice gear/ mods/

In the supplies area there is planetary comendations vendors, with mods, and gear, and artifact chests that gives purple gear.

I mean This is the best way to be geared while leveling. Orange gear is only worth it because is modable, you can upgrade as you go without loosing the looks of your gear by changing it. That is the advantage of it.

My sage has a cyan lightsaber btw My Juggernaut purple lightsaber, with a curved hilt like dooku, My assasssin red darth bandon linghtsaber. :p

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm close to finishing Balmorra's main questline. This is by far the best planet yet. Especially when they played this:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So I just finished the Balmorra Jedi Knight Storyline, went to the fleet to sell a bunch of crap clogging up my inventory, and sat on the Telos in the flashpoint queue for Taral V for an hour, and literally nobody was doing it.

Lol I need friends in that game, but nobody I know plays it. Not even the nerds at my college do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    So I just finished the Balmorra Jedi Knight Storyline, went to the fleet to sell a bunch of crap clogging up my inventory, and sat on the Telos in the flashpoint queue for Taral V for an hour, and literally nobody was doing it.

Lol I need friends in that game, but nobody I know plays it. Not even the nerds at my college do.
    Hum that was along time... was you playing in dead hours for the server? at anycase you can queue from anywhere the groupd finder and continue playing no matter where you are, the GF teleports you to the location/ instance when the group is formed. So you dont need to waste time siiting arround telos, or fleet, and just do other things.

At anycase MMOs, and swtor is more fun when you play in a guild. One of the reasons i dont go play in other servers, is my guild On red eclipse. Not only the guild bonus is great, make syou lvl faster, also gives bonus reputation etc.

A yes that music is always playing now and then. SWTOr music is great, my only beef is not loop encoded. Meaning it does trigger at certain locations, but it only lasts for so long, they should add a loop feature for ambient music.

Ambient soundtrack of SWTOr is amazing. It should be more noticable at more times. ( the one in Hoth is particulary nice.imo)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you want to roll a toon on red ecplise, i have a 7 inquisitor in korriban that i dont play in ages
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I found a guy who did the flashpoint with me. Evidently it was a slow morning for the server overall. I play on Jedi Covenant cause the East Coast servers have the best connection and my internet sucks. Lol.

Also, what really got me was that the version of "The Droid Invasion" they played on Balmorra was the same one from the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon, rather than the official Phantom menace one that usually plays.

Yeah the overall soundtrack is pretty great. I love the violins in "Occupation of Balmorra."

EDIT: So I assume that when you get adaptive armor, it will automatically match to your level in protective value?
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; December 23, 2014 at 01:37 PM.

Also, what really got me was that the version of "The Droid Invasion" they played on Balmorra was the same one from the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon, rather than the official Phantom menace one that usually plays.
    reference to the droid factories of balmora no doubt.

So I assume that when you get adaptive armor, it will automatically match to your level in protective value?
    no to your armor ratting. If your class uses heavy armor, it will scale to heavy armor.... if you class uses light armor, it will scale to light armor.
    Anything else, i mean stats is dependent on the mods/ and armoring you use at any given time.

Among my favorites in SWTOR as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I finished the Revan flashpoint an hour ago. That was a good one, although I was disappointed that General Var Suthra didn't come out screaming "It's a trap" when the Imperial fleet attacked...

Got a free speeder bike from the mission, finally. I didn't have one yet. Also have 327K currently (If you don't get that, 327th Star Corps). Been selling crap on the GTN trying to get more, mostly loot from the two Revan flashpoints.

no to your armor ratting. If your class uses heavy armor, it will scale to heavy armor.... if you class uses light armor, it will scale to light armor.
    Anything else, i mean stats is dependent on the mods/ and armoring you use at any given time.
    Yes I understand that, but it's default at like level 1, how do you get it to be say, level 38 worthy armor? Mods?

I have to say, overall TOR is more enjoyable than I expected.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You know, since nobody here but me plays on Jedi Covenant, and I don't have a guild, if you guys joined Jedi Covenant we could probably start one, and even get our own clan forum on TWC.

Darth Roxas mentioned he'd want to join a TWC guild, and I was wondering if anyone else was interested in doing it.

Yes I understand that, but it's default at like level 1, how do you get it to be say, level 38 worthy armor? Mods?

I have to say, overall TOR is more enjoyable than I expected.
    Yes the quality lvl of your mods. In specific armoring mods. Or hilts/barrels for weapons. use you basic comendations to buy mods while you lvl, at planetary vendors.

We had one guild if im not mistaken when the game was launched. But alot as changed since then. server merges, patches etc, but mostly end up too few people to be even guild worthy.
    My advice join a big guild already recruiting in your server. It makes alot of diference when there is alot of people arround.
    Too bad legacy system is server locked, otherwise i wouldnt mind rolling a character in your server.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 23, 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What does Legacy even do?

EDIT: Also, I love this one because it's reminiscent of "Droid Invasion"

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; December 23, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Hum i cant phantom play this game without my legacy perks, atm. From all the class buffs you recieve from the characters you played, to instant travel to certain locations, to be able to unlock treek for 300k in every toon in you legacy, rocket boosts, early speeder piloting etc etc.. there is tons of stuff. Including fast free mailing service between characters in you legacy, or the legacy titles.. and the reputation system.. and the achievement system.. there is alot of stuff in there.

This isnt exactly clear about it, but gives some pointers of what it is.
    http://www.swtor.com/info/legacy
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah there's a lot about this game I have to learn, like crafting and crew skills.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Been playing Hoth all day, made 175K just killing things and doing missions. Still can't afford Bastila's armor, lol.

Anyways, trying to finish Hoth, do the level 41 Flashpoint and then move on to whatever is next (Belsavis I think? I don't recall).

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yep Belsavis is next. The most boring planet of them all and it takes forever. Getting to the last region is around 15 minutes on the speeder. Looks practicly the same as Alderaan and Balmorra too.

What are you smoking there is taxis, and rakata transports there... maybe if you have speeder piloting one you would take 15 mim.

Anyway first time i hear someone not liking belsavis ever...Its full of the rakata theme, not to mention the main story is nice for both sides.
    The catacombs can be bit lenghty if you are doing the missions for the first time though.

Looks practicly the same as Alderaan and Balmorra too.
    Nonsense. Ballmora is very brown, with war battered landscape, Alderran, is basicaly a mountainous region, with some green and snowy fields in there.
    Belsavis, is a jungle planet, with catacombs, and secret hiden prisons, in the rakata fashion. ( if you recal rakata prime from KoTor the style is similar and reminiscent.

Btw i find it funny, there is a large group of people that complain that the planets are not big enough, and dont give enphasis to exploration, then there is a small group of people that think the planets are way too big....
    Besides Hoth wich is probably the largest, where you indeed do alot of traveling....
    You should see the other MMOS. Its all about traveling. SWTOR isnt even open world like those, as you have instanced planets and locations.

In fact one of the things that bothered me, is the new planets, they are way too short. Rishi is great, yavin is meh, nothing special. but they are very short.
    I like Makeb for instance it is a good sizable planet.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 24, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Exact same spaceports, exact same buildings, and the enviroments look very much the same everywhere. A lot of copy paste is why these planets are considered too big. Lazy area design.

Plenty of people hate Belsavis. Half the time you travel to a quest objective, you find theres a wall or a mountain in the way when the map uncovers further and you went the wrong way. Happens plenty on Alderaan too, only there its only mountains.

I always thought they where very lazy with the design of TOR, but since playing Guild Wars 2 it just makes it so much more obvious. Exploring is actually fun in that game, theres many beautifull little areas around and clearly a lot of effort was put into building up that world. Bioware just went for a quick release. Well thats fine, but they could have worked to improve these planets after release. To make them unique.

Especially Alderaan looks very disappointing, I mean they could have gone all out with it. As it is it seems Makeb looks more like Alderaan than Alderaan. I expected that kind of wealth and beauty to show on Alderaan. They did spend more time on the new planets and it shows, but it only makes all the planets from the original release look like utter garbage in comparison.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I hate these map in order; Alderaan>Hoth>Belsavis>Taris but i hate Alderaan so much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I liked Taris personally. It was different from most of the other planets, although it could have been better.

Alderaan was disappointing. Hoth and Tatooine basically are the same.