Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm fracking awesome ain't I?

Default I'm fracking awesome ain't I?

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: I'm fracking awesome ain't I?

NO! now shh im waiting for v8 to be done!!!

good job mate I have yet to beat runia 7.0 i stoped trying once 8 was started..it looks good plus rep for being loud! better not have cheated haha
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Congratulations for a job well done. You certainly are a true Roman!

Art by Joar

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Congratulations for a job well done. You certainly are a true Roman!
    now to see how big his cojones are: can he winn either as an arab or a berber?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    now to see how big his cojones are: can he winn either as an arab or a berber?
    Now that would be a challenge! A suicidal mission I'm not sure that many are willing to accept .

Art by Joar

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

How did you manage that in 13 years ,thats impressive ,how many cities taken ?,how many battles fought ?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    How did you manage that in 13 years ,thats impressive ,how many cities taken ?,how many battles fought ?
    Not many to be honest the hordes done most of the work I just took advantage of A problem with the mod where the hordes never settle I also learned the value of deterence.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Good fun tho ? I'm looking forward till V8 comes out kept having CTD s when fought battles so haven't played it in ages ,which is a shame because it was a favourite of mine .When i saw your post in the list i thought YES its released !!

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Good fun tho ? I'm looking forward till V8 comes out kept having CTD s when fought battles so haven't played it in ages ,which is a shame because it was a favourite of mine .When i saw your post in the list i thought YES its released !!
    To be honest I probly will not play this again as I found the mod far too rushable.

Now that would be a challenge! A suicidal mission I'm not sure that many are willing to accept .
    I did it though. (in IJ 3, but the point still stands).

took me 25 game years (with 4 tpy on), but it can be done.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Senator

omg that campaign of yours should just be getting started. The goal is to conquer the sassanids territory up to india.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

omg that campaign of yours should just be getting started. The goal is to conquer the sassanids territory up to india.
    Yeaaaaaaah, but this time-without cheats!

Quote Originally Posted by avesta View Post
    who, me?

nah, I was clever:

1-I consolidated Arabia, which took less than 10 turns. I always sack the cities.
    2-I waited about another 10 turns to raise money, and then shrink, and professionalize the army.
    3-I attacked the Romans, while allying with Persia.
    4-capture bucket loads of territory as a result (I usually out manuevre the enemy, rather than fight them directly). I actually video-recorded one of only 3 battles I fought with the romans in the open field, and took pictures of another; both should be over at the IJ formum.
    5-use the loot/new revenue to buy persian territory (by formal purchase, not bribery). yes, I bought the persian territory required.

and no, I only have to go to Susa, not India.

also, its not that short: its 100 turns worth of material, as I'm playing with the 4tpy script. I played vanilla, and beat it (by a wide margin), in the same period.

no cheats required. I did however edit the battle map movement modifiers, as I did with EB1, for realism and added difficulty. (I basically raised the movement points from 80 ro 260.)
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; March 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

I did however edit the battle map movement modifiers, as I did with EB1, for realism and added difficulty. (I basically raised the movement points from 80 ro 260.)
    Wow! Isn't that too much? Can you still have a good control of the movement of armies in the strategy map?

Art by Joar

Wow! Isn't that too much? Can you still have a good control of the movement of armies in the strategy map?
    its not too much; I still hve good control of my movements, and the romans/everybody else also still move allright. if anything though, it makes the campaign harder, since the romans can easily march reinforcements from Anatolia to Jerusalem in 1 turn, instead of the 3 or more with the default. it means that there are actually fewer battles (at least in my case), but the battles are much larger in nature.

other than that, the enemy won't just charge for your capital. it will still try to get your border towns first, before moving inwards.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; March 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

its not too much; I still hve good control of my movements, and the romans/everybody else also still move allright. if anything though, it makes the campaign harder, since the romans can easily march reinforcements from Anatolia to Jerusalem in 1 turn, instead of the 3 or more with the default. it means that there are actually fewer battles (at least in my case), but the battles are much larger in nature.

other than that, the enemy won't just charge for your capital. it will still try to get your border towns first, before moving inwards.
    Sounds good. I'll give it a shot, then.

Art by Joar

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think that increasing movement points does add realism, because even in the 5th century the romans marched about 20 miles a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    I think that increasing movement points does add realism, because even in the 5th century the romans marched about 20 miles a day...
    to add to your point:

the approx distance from Antioch to Jerusalem is ~ 300 miles. with a 20 mpd rate, it'd take 13-14 days of marching continuously. since a turn in 4tpy is 3 months, assuming forced marching at that rate, an army can theoretically cover ~1,800 miles a season. which means that if I adjust for that, the romans could near the Iran-afghanistan border in that time, starting from jerusalem. of course in practice, fatigue, battling, camping for extended periods to rest, etc, would probably reduce the pratical distance to less than that.

as yet, the movement points I used aren't sufficient for such a feat; they can only march about half the distance, closer to 1,000 miles.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe
    no cheats required. I did however edit the battle map movement modifiers, as I did with EB1, for realism and added difficulty. (I basically raised the movement points from 80 ro 260.)
    Can you tell me how to change those movement modifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Can you tell me how to change those movement modifiers?
    In your IBFD/data folder find the descr_character.text file. Look for the line that says: starting_action_points, I think that the default value is 60, and change it to whatever value you like.

Art by Joar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast