Thread: Video

Default Video

I've just played my first custom Battle and it was absolutely amazing. I enjoyed it so much that i'm wanting to capture it on video and then edit it. However I have no idea how to get it onto a video in order to edit it. So I was wondering if anyone could quickly guide me as on what to do or recommend a program?

Thanks in Advance

~Omega

Default Re: Video

You could use fraps.

or Xfire

uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Thanks a lot. Is it okay if I make a couple of videos to promote the Mod?

Feel free - I'd like to see them anyway even if nobody else does

I'd like to see them as well.

I'd suggest that you edit the video (or your settings prior to recording) to enhance the brightness, though - the dark and gloomy look works well when you're actively playing, but when watching passively, it's a bit hard to make out what's going on... and I'd hate for the videos to be shot down by comments of "too dark, can't see ****", when the mod has so much to offer both in terms of gameplay and stunning visuals.

Thanks for the programs guys, and the advice. It may take a little while to create the videos as i've lost the Activation Key for Cyberlink Power director 8. So i'll have to search for the case or for a key on the web. But i'll find one or other eventually.

EDIT: Within minutes of looking I found the case and the key, so it's all good.
    Last edited by DDomega; March 01, 2010 at 01:45 PM.

The video is looking not bad. I've managed to construct a plausible introduction yet the Clips are proving toublesome. I can't seem to get the clips I'm wanting. I'm trying to get some battle scenes within Troy itself, which can unfortunately only be done in Campaign which limits the troops and isn't very easy to capture. Anyways, any info on the Trojan horse? I'd quite like to include that within the video. (I'm not sure if it has actually been incoroporated yet, or if it will)

Could cheats be used to create armies or characters? I don't really know, I've never made it past "toggle_fow" in that area, haven't even given money to anyone once... :x

Yeah that could work, i'll try that. Thanks. I'm forever changing the introduction of the video, i'm not sure if i'll ever get round to finishing. =P