Thread: Dead Factions

Default Dead Factions

I am sorry for bothering you with such a question, but I just conquered all of Sylvania and the screen that appeared did not tell whether they are dead or not. I was wondering if once a faction is conquered it continues playing like the mongols in Vanilla or if it just stops existing. Thank you in advance! Btw, awesome mod, my favourite so far!

Comes Limitis

Default Re: Dead Factions

Just finished them of today, and they spawned half a stack after, probably full of elites, have yet to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I think with some factions they go Nomads, trying to find a new home. Did you see the ''People in Flight'' pop-up?

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

There is something with high elves.They never die or go nomad.I was playing with Khorne.I took all of their cities and killed their leaders but every turn they have two more full stack without having a city and they never go bankrupt.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    There is something with high elves.They never die or go nomad.I was playing with Khorne.I took all of their cities and killed their leaders but every turn they have two more full stack without having a city and they never go bankrupt.
    That is because they are an expedition like the Dark elves are to, they hail from the lands to the west so you can't destroy them, they will just send some more ships after worths.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post
    That is because they are an expedition like the Dark elves are to, they hail from the lands to the west so you can't destroy them, they will just send some more ships after worths.
    You say that there is no way to destroy them.So how can i at least lower their threat?
    Last edited by cenkiss; February 28, 2010 at 08:40 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Naval Blockades

Ok, so could you tell me which factions can be destroyed the normal way, which can be destroyed the nomad way, and which cannot be destroyed at all? Anyway, today I encountered another problem: So I have half a stack close to Da Orc Settlement and when I finish my turn they attack me. That is fine, I beat them but when the screen with the prisoners shows up and I click "Execute", the game drops me, and I see this window saying that there is no specific reason that this happened... can anybody help me? i cannot continue my campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Ostermarker View Post
    Ok, so could you tell me which factions can be destroyed the normal way, which can be destroyed the nomad way, and which cannot be destroyed at all? Anyway, today I encountered another problem: So I have half a stack close to Da Orc Settlement and when I finish my turn they attack me. That is fine, I beat them but when the screen with the prisoners shows up and I click "Execute", the game drops me, and I see this window saying that there is no specific reason that this happened... can anybody help me? i cannot continue my campaign...
    Well basically after a battle, if the game crashes, I reload before the battle and then in the console I put ''auto_win attacker'' if you are attacking or ''auto_win defender'' if you are defending. And then see if it happens again. I know it's cheating, but common after that hard battle the game crashes it's annoying (it happen 2 times to me though )

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah butoften the game manages to lose those important units that need to march halfway across the map for retraining
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Doesn't matter if you conquered, there may be still a Count somewhere.

I assasinated the Sylvania counts and heirs and they went rebel. Now I am retaking their lands as Averland...

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

About 10 turns after I defeated Sylvania as Stirland 4 full elite stacks of Sylvania appeared near Drakenhof. So the best solution is... Don't kill Sylvania off. Just close them in Drakenhof. It's much easier to beat off a stack or so every few turns than to kill 4 elite stacks at once

True, but killing off stacks of elite units is inevitably more fun
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Comes Limitis

Strange. I had just half a stack full of only spear-skellets and faction-leader appearing when finishing them of with Ostermark. Their last city was Vorderbergen.

Maybe it depends on the faction, what city you last take, or mod-version(I use 1.3).
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

My way of dealing with Sylvanians is to hold 4-6 strong cavalry units in the castlle and that fire
    wizard that i beceme one day. When these four armies attack my castlle,my cavalry breaks out and destroys all
    of his catapults(two per army=8).Fire wizard stays on the gateway and targets unit with ram,when its donne and they ram is 100% destroyed i move him to inner gate and he destroy everything that comes.Finaly when there are no threath to my gate i take as much of his units as i can before time expires.
    On this way i did'n lose a single batlle and a wizard is much to powerfull and i don't take him "on the road" with any regular army(makes no fun becouse its to easy to win a batlle).
    Last edited by pilip_de; March 04, 2010 at 04:21 PM.

Out of curiosity, do you have to completely destroy the chaos stacks that attack you at the beginning or do you just have to beat them?