Thread: Romanian review of NTW

Foederatus

Default Romanian review of NTW

For those of you who read Romanian, I found a review of the game on a satirical blog. I don't know much about the author and I don't agree with most of his conclusions about the game, but he seems to be quite knowledgeable about the Napoleonic era and about games inspired by this time frame. So, if you are a Romanian speaker, maybe it will be helpful...

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Re: Romanian review of NTW

Double post.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Ha, good review, satirical and straight to the point.

Napoleon TW is not really Napoleon. It's something of a administration game that can only handle 1000 soldiers on the battlefield, a figure Napoleon would not even have woken up for.
    Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; February 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice "review". It's actually just an ironisation. As Basileos Leandros said, it sais that the administration has too big importance, compared to battles.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not Romanian, I don't read Romanian, but I'd like to share a FUN FACT = as Napoleon in the European Campaign, I just freed all Romania from Ottoman & Russian oppression
    That's the 3 provinces of Transylvania, Moldavia-Bessarabia & Bucarest. I took Transylvania, created a protectorate & then gave my romanian protectorate the 2 other regions taken from the Ottomans, in exchange of military help vs. Russia.

Now I know why romanians usually like french & hate russians

Translated with Google Translator so not 100% accurate

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For e weekend's culture as you relax after May castrawurstul product of intellectual vertigo Eftimie. We wanted to offer a book review, but unfortunately Pirc had read something last edition in 1840, Eftimie - probably some Joyce, to find inspiration, Sendroiu - "60 tricks to satisfy your pirate Angolan "and Julius did not have time to read because you write continuously to entertain you, nesătuilor. So I decided to publish a long review, tedious and doctor computer game received from a reader. I want to be clear that not written by any of us, because the game, Napoleon Total War, has just appeared in the States. Not that we would accuse someone that I got from the DC + +, only I like to think our wives or girlfriends when we play them at home instead to think of them (the old games is simple we claims to play when I was with the former, because of those we love).

Successful computer games have been on about every subject except the Napoleonic războiele. Unfortunately, Napoleon Total War is no exception - not a bad game just not a good game about that time. Manufacturers of games (like the film, by the way) I can not get something like the world during the Revolution and the Empire - and not because it's hard to convince even a computer idiot that the French army could have wins, but that was as interesting Napoleonic period, the battles were so boring that time. While at Jena and Wagram (for the unknown - it's the battles won by the French against the Germans in reality, even if something seems out of the imagination of writers in Hollywood) was at stake the fate of empires, battles themselves were very boring (much like this text). To understand, think of the court: it terribly dull if you look, but it is very exciting if you're playing (in a battle is more interesting, because you risk to your fly or a head shot Patesti other accidents that you can also tell friends to beer for years afterwards). Much the same was, for instance, and on the battlefield of Wagram: just imagine that recruits were trained only by their more experienced colleagues on the road between the village where the army had taken up on the battlefield, that in most armies soldiers knew to shoot at targets, but they only explain where to draw the gun and the timber to take with you and with the metal to the enemy, and that the best solution he has found - even a tactical genius of Napoleon for the above battle was to make a large pile of infantry which to throw the enemy guns. Well, Napoleon Total War fails to simulate anything terrible chaos and carnage on the battlefields of the era. Soldiers are disciplined, decent draw well and usually they fall on fixed enemy generals in the head (in fact, in over two decades of wars of Revolution and Empire, a single commander was shot down by a sniper), guns do not sickle whole columns of infantry, nor is the question that răcanii not know to use rifles (although recent history leaturi Napoleon's soldiers not to know and how apucaseră press the trigger and use their weapons as a bet is some enemies only dangerous for a possible army vasluieni). Over time there have been some games that have managed to play quite well this chaos - Fields of Glory, Battleground series, Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory or Crown of Glory, all were able also to be so boring that surprisingly, did not receive the award for "Cristian Pirvulescu.

Another major flaw of Napoleon Total War (NTW let's say that I'm lazy to write, right?) Is that battles are very small. On a battlefield in the game fit only about a thousand or two people, something that Napoleon would not even be a leg. It is also possible to multiply the soldiers of a unit, only for it be to play on a computer from NASA, because eating NTW resources despair. This does not mean the battles are exciting, but just not too connected with those of age that should a simulate - although producers abstained including fancy pieces, like the Romans of Rome Total War ninja . If you want to see thousands of soldiers dying on the battlefield without cracking your hard drive, you can try Cossacks 2 (although I have found it impossible to play if you're not octopus). Also, the NTW strategy (which was actually the strength of Napoleon, not tactics) is minimized: not very complicated to put on a standing army and not your head to beat all feeds , can you do get gunpowder, horses, women light Bulan or maps of the territory in which it will conquer. In fact, even in today's military are still paralyzed by the complexity of the regulation call, dar'mite logistical problems. If you really want a game where to bother realistically with all these things, you can either launch your career in a nice company sergeant or to play Napoleon's Campaigns and Empire in Arms. In conclusion, the NTW's historical strategy game about the Dynamo in the European spring. It is diagnosed as Imperial Glory, is even better than Empire Total War and sees that it is carefully done, but he has no business with Napoleon.

Another problem the game is the administration of the empire. If the early series Total War battles were all that counted, the NTW government takes 90% of your time. Overlook the fact that some things are completely unrealistic (many countries start the game without roads - what the hell, is still Europe in 1805, not Romania in 2010, it's easier to make than a theater in Novgorod, where a sawmill to cut mujicii wood) but the problem is that, in my opinion, the player must take something more than an administrative decision Emperor nineteenth century. Napoleon and Tsar Alexander Francis had some bureaucrats, sometimes relevant, always corrupt, the account that would let empires, they are contented to sign official documents without reading them because, to be honest, was more fun to play with soldăţeii. Even if Napoleon has the reputation that he had known all administrative matters of France, his ministers say that before government meetings quickly read something about what was to be discussed and then was bragging. Emperors was important to have someone to make them get money to play with soldaţeii longer be a little - if Napoleon, Gaudin, Minister of Finance and the only member of the Government that Bonaparte never dismissed not because all time found where to remove money from a small battle, something. E in NTW'll have to read about all those boring documents that he has not read before you give the stick, to decide whether in Iasi a factory to build a weapon or a market (I say: the market is much better, Moldovans are known as people swoon, not my hands on a weapon against the background of alcohol) or whether to send him a luxurious gift to Grand Duke of Oldenburg or to conquer. At some point you feel that the producers forgot that is called Total War, so this is a game with fighting, not the officials who fill out forms. Napoleon would be bored and would certainly put a Call of Duty. In addition, if you like guinea some statistics on a map, Europa Universalis 3 and Victoria are much better and the Crown of Glory is an infinitely better diplomacy devised.

In conclusion, what seems to be little understood or producers Napoleon Total War, no other games on the same subject, is that the Napoleonic era because it was interesting battles, but the incredible changes they bring. In a world that still lamented the odious legacy of feudalism, a fat boy from a small-middle-class family and came mulatră kings over half of Europe, a child advocate in the bottom of France founded the royal Swedish emigrants Poles were sent to punish slaves in Haiti and the Ukrainian Cossacks conquered Montmartre. Unfortunately, I do not know catelea NTW is the game about the Napoleonic era that fails to convey anything of that adventurous spirit, but rather the feeling that you are the Financial Administration Husi

Very nicely written.

If you use google translate, does that make it extra ironic?

Vic
    Telepacific Reviews
    Last edited by VicDelmonte; October 31, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

He he...nice review made by our romanian fellas.

Hi, There is a spam link in my previous post. Can it please be deleted?

Thanks
    Vic