Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: How to unlock non playable and emergent factions

The emergent part is a little trickier, but for Italy it should work quite easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture-jpeg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	294897When I get to the part of changing the value in Faction_Ecomonics and try to save.. I keep getting this huge list of errors. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Why cant I do this with France? I want France to be playable like the others..

Do you know if it's possible to make France visible and playable in NTW when one chooses 'Campagn of the Coalition' ? I have tried it but I can't do it with France. I need this to create my own mod.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; June 02, 2014 at 01:34 AM. Reason: merged.

Hello. Sorry for the "necro-posting". This method doesn't work. The faction appears, but I can only select one city.

Steps in "EsfEditor" program:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sample images:

Besides, appears me that I have already fulfilled the objectives

I can only select one city (Pamplona in this case).

Yes, that is because the ui is limited to 4 factions. In the third picture you can see the number seven. That is I think the position of the Nation. Change it to one and the faction having by default one to seven. If that does not help, make the overwritten faction unplayable(but I think you don't need that). To get more factions, download Napoleon Total Factions, they achieved it there to choose from more factions.
    "You can ask me for anything you like, except time."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "If you want a thing done well, do it yourself."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "You don't reason with intellectuals. You shoot them."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

The funny thing is that the files "startpos.esf" of the NTF can't modify them with any editor. I think that this tutorial only serve to factions with one city.

Ooops... I posted to fast , I thought you couldn't select the faction.
    I think there is a way to solve the Problem with the line of sight/ that you can't select a city. At first, you have to get a savegame where you control the spanish regions. Open the savegame, go to Campaign_Env -> Campaign_Model -> World -> Region_Manager, select a spanish Region, open it, open Line_of_Sight, copy the quad_tree_bit_Array and paste it in the same place at your original startpos file (repeat this for every spanish region). Now you should be able to select every region. This problem with the victory_conditions could maybe be related to the fact, that there actually no ones existing (there are some displayed at the picture, but do you have made some conditions at your own? Maybe it is a bug that they are displayed?)
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Napoleon Bonaparte

How can I get UK as Playable Faction in Egypt Campagn in NTW ?

Quote Originally Posted by Order of Shadows View Post
    Ooops... I posted to fast , I thought you couldn't select the faction.
    I think there is a way to solve the Problem with the line of sight/ that you can't select a city. At first, you have to get a savegame where you control the spanish regions. Open the savegame, go to Campaign_Env -> Campaign_Model -> World -> Region_Manager, select a spanish Region, open it, open Line_of_Sight, copy the quad_tree_bit_Array and paste it in the same place at your original startpos file (repeat this for every spanish region). Now you should be able to select every region. This problem with the victory_conditions could maybe be related to the fact, that there actually no ones existing (there are some displayed at the picture, but do you have made some conditions at your own? Maybe it is a bug that they are displayed?)
    Modify a "savegame", Is not for emerging factions? The only thing I do know, is that the file "startpos.esf" which contains the NTF, cannot be modified. When I enter in the "CAMPAIGN_ENV" section, it gives me error and the program closes. But it serve me to play the campaign, without need that install other files that have caused me starting errors and I had to update them by Steam.

Spoiler for Sample

Quote Originally Posted by quantumlive.dk View Post
    How can I get UK as Playable Faction in Egypt Campagn in NTW ?
    The tutorial is for the coalition campaign. Take a look at this program to see if it also includes that of Egypt.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-28-04-2012%29

Last edited by Miguel_80; March 29, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

You can edit the startpos.esf file of NTF. If the error shows up, select continue, not close. (I get an error message too, but I've done it so, if that doesn't help, post it, I will search a solution) The point why I modified the startpos.esf files of NTF was that some of them are the startpos.esf files of the darthmod, so if you play an emergent, you will get militias with 500 men (at least in my case)
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Napoleon Bonaparte

What happens to me with the "startpos.esf" file of the NTF mod, is this:

In any case, I'll settle for being able to play the campaign with more than 5 different factions.

Thanks, I already have NTF 3.6.1, but there should be an easy way to do this in NTW and not NTF.

I replaced France for England, but I get this and I can't play.

Image:

That can be solved by changig the Vicotry Condition. What exactly did you do ?

It seems that I have achieved it. I had to copy the victory conditions of France. Try it if you want, to see if it works well all turns. (Don't forget to make a security copy of the original file).

It should copy the "startpos.esf" file in "...\campaigns\egy_napoleon\" folder

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6e...tpos_egypt.rar
    Last edited by Miguel_80; April 04, 2016 at 02:27 PM.

Its working well!! Thank you so much!

You're welcome. I'm glad it works for you.

How exactly did you unlock UK and can it be done for the "mp_egypt" (the multiplayer version) as well ?

I guess so. Try this file:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad...s_mp_egypt.rar

Image:

P.S: In the first post explains it. But to me it doesn't work with the Coalition Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Order of Shadows View Post
    I think there is a way to solve the Problem with the line of sight/ that you can't select a city. At first, you have to get a savegame where you control the spanish regions. Open the savegame, go to Campaign_Env -> Campaign_Model -> World -> Region_Manager, select a spanish Region, open it, open Line_of_Sight, copy the quad_tree_bit_Array and paste it in the same place at your original startpos file (repeat this for every spanish region). Now you should be able to select every region.
    Hello Order of Shadows. Comparing with a "savegame", I realized that the "LINE_OF_SIGHT" sections of the regions were empty, and and were also missing some characters. Copying and pasting of the "savegame" to "startpos.esf" I've managed to solve the problem and now works correctly. Thanks for the advice!

Sample:

P.S: I don't understand how is not mentioned in the thread.