Thread: melee fight

Default melee fight

Donīt know if Iīm wrong in this section.
    But Iīll give it a try here.
    To keep it short...all in all this game leaves a good first impression!

BUT why the hack do I have to experience the same overzealous linemen as I already had to in ETW. I was seriously hoping for this one crucial change...
    I still canīt figure out why the ai is still plunging into melee combat as soon as possible instead of using their godawful firearms.
    These poor bastards (most of all the infantry, but by times and not to forget the head of these twits -their general) keep on running irrationally into any given volley again and again...and round out this drama by avoiding to answer this shooting with an extensive use of their firepipes...
    melee combat should be the exception in these days...theyīve got fire, theyīve got lead - why not making use of it, for godīs sake...

sorry for any unappropriate undertones...
    donīt be to harsh on me...

Default Re: melee fight

If you're meaning something like "Why do the enemy keep running in circles and blobs, and melee rushing my lines when they should be lining up and firing their muskets as they did in these times?" then its just a case of poor programming on the Battle AI.

My experiences of it have been, minus a couple of exceptions, brilliant. In Empire, every game devolved into melee battles but in NTW 80% of the games play out with me and the enemy engaging musket fire against eachother's lines. It seems that there are remnants of the Empire Melee Bug in Napoleon, but they're very rare from my experience.

Just keep playing, I doubt you will see this behaviour often.