Thread: FPS Boost-Script (better gaming experience!)

Default FPS Boost-Script (better gaming experience!)

FPS= Frames per Second. It defines the amount of pictures shown on your monitor in one second. If it is low you will notice lags, if it is high you will play smooth!

This is a Command-Script which is enabling your Computer to manually adjust the CPU-Timer-Frequency, this causes a higher FPS and a stable good performance!

Its simple, download the following "Exe" File:
    FPS Booster Download

__________________________________________________________________________________________

After you downloaded the command script copy it onto your desctop and Run the Exe.
    You will see the following message:

"Press any Key to restore Normal Timer Frequency"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Now start your Game (Napoleon: TW), play as normal.

After you finished playing click into the exe in your Running-Tab. Press Enter and your Frequency is again on "Stock" as before.
    Your components will not get any bad influence cause of that. The same Frequency-Boost appears when running "Window Media Player", but that is Memory intensive, my script doesn't cause any memory usage..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You will notice a slightly better Gaming-Performance without paying anything!
    Stay tuned, use the script!

Important:
    1. Run the Exe as Admin.
    2. This Script is only able to increase your overall gaming performance when your components are each other up to date! A 4 Year old Graphiccard with a new CPU like E8400 will hardly be able to support each other! Even this Script will not be able to cause any increase than!

3. Make sure you exit the Exe before your Computer shuts down.
    (1). Tell the Script manually to shut down viá pushing any button (while the script windows has been opened)
    (2). Tell the Script manually to shut down viá Task Manager (klick on "Exit Task")
    (3). Click on the Cross of the Window that appears while openend the Script.
    (4). Click on the Script at your Task-Bar with Right-Click and click on "Exit".
    (5). Toggle your PC off viá Task.

5. If your Computer has been inflicted by a Crash do the following, its not needed, but I recommend it:
    (1).Start your computer,
    (2).Start the Script,
    (3).Exit the Script,
    (4).Shut down your computer.

6. Those who overclocked their components can use the script at likely but its not fully tested with overclocked components and I dont recommended it. Also I will not be liable for any problems caused by this!

This script was mainly developed by a friend of mine by a suggestion I made about increasing FPS without overclocking, he did know about the Media Player beeing able to increase performance without overclocking and wrote the script which uses the same mechanic.
    Feel free to provide these Script to other player's using other Community-Boards. We are fine with it cause this is how it helps as much people as possible. Buying a new Computer is not always needed!

Default Re: FPS Boost-Script (better gaming experience!)

Quote Originally Posted by YassirX View Post
    FPS= Frames per Second. It defines the amount of pictures shown on your monitor in one second. If it is low you will notice lags, if it is high you will play smooth!

This is a Command-Script which is enabling your Computer to manually adjust the CPU-Timer-Frequency, this causes a higher FPS and a stable good performance!

Its simple, download the following "Exe" File:
    FPS Booster Download

After you downloaded the command script copy it onto your desctop and Run the Exe.
    You will see the following message:

"Press any Key to restore Normal Timer Frequency"

Now start your Game (Napoleon: TW), play as normal.

After you finished playing click into the exe in your Running-Tab. Press Enter and your Frequency is again on "Stock" as before.
    Your components will not get any bad influence cause of that. The same Frequency-Boost appears when running "Window Media Player", but that is Memory intensive, my script doesn't cause any memory usage..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You will notice a slightly better Gaming-Performance without paying anything!
    Stay tuned, use the script!

Important:
    1. Run the Exe as Admin.
    2. This Script is only able to increase your overall gaming performance when your components are each other up to date! A 4 Year old Graphiccard with a new CPU like E8400 will hardly be able to support each other! Even this Script will not be able to cause any increase than!

3. Make sure you exit the Exe before your Computer shuts down.
    (1). Tell the Script manually to shut down viá pushing any button (while the script windows has been opened)
    (2). Tell the Script manually to shut down viá Task Manager (klick on "Exit Task")
    (3). Click on the Cross of the Window that appears while openend the Script.
    (4). Click on the Script at your Task-Bar with Right-Click and click on "Exit".
    (5). Toggle your PC off viá Task.

5. If your Computer has been inflicted by a Crash do the following, its not needed, but I recommend it:
    (1).Start your computer,
    (2).Start the Script,
    (3).Exit the Script,
    (4).Shut down your computer.

6. Those who overclocked their components can use the script at likely but its not fully tested with overclocked components and I dont recommended it. Also I will not be liable for any problems caused by this!

This script was mainly developed by a friend of mine by a suggestion I made about increasing FPS without overclocking, he did know about the Media Player beeing able to increase performance without overclocking and wrote the script which uses the same mechanic.
    Feel free to provide these Script to other player's using other Community-Boards. We are fine with it cause this is how it helps as much people as possible. Buying a new Computer is not always needed!
    Just no!

What do you mean? It has been tested and it works...

overclock with cpu and gpu in bios for cpu and with program like afterburner for gpu.

anything else is just crap i think. what are you doing is fiddle around with in game settings using a script or changing the config. or its a program that affects your hardware in os mode. not good for stability.

it might appear to be a fix but is nowwhere near as good as getting a better gpu or increasing your cpu speed. or in other words stop being lazy and learn to overclock properly.

funny u mention crashes in your post. i wonder why? any oveclock needs to be stress tested for hours and will NOT causes crashes when stable.

i have had maybe 1 crash since overclocking to 4ghz and that was caused by uninstalling a beta driver...

i wouldnt try these things if even you paid me, sorry!
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 27, 2010 at 07:31 AM.

//
    Last edited by YassirX; January 21, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

You dont know nothing about the script, it is not changing anything in the game configuration. It is an alternative for those who don't like to overclock their components!
    It has been downloaded about 3.000 times allready and was rated an "A+". Normally I could say: "Give me 1$ for my script", but I am providing it for free. It only changes the way windows is handeling an application, and only for the time it is activated. This causes a better memory managment, the result is a more stable performance and smaller loading times.

With best regards...
    right so you are increasing cpu speed by using os? or simply changing page file size? by how much are you increasing it and what about the ram/qpi/uncore etc etc and voltages)?
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 27, 2010 at 07:39 AM.

The application is handled as an windows application. It gets a higher priority and cause of that it will be provided with more memory space. The script does not overclock anything! For further information visit the following link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270604
    Last edited by YassirX; February 27, 2010 at 07:40 AM.

Praepositus
    Citizen

You say that it increases the FPS without any extra strain on the processor, but now the processor has to do two things at once. It has to run the script, and it has to run NTW. So it puts more strain. Plus that download could contain a virus. I seriously doubt that this increases performance. If you can get another testimonial it might change my mind, but you have no proof. Pictures of the change would be nice.

The application is handled as an windows application. It gets a higher priority and cause of that it will be provided with more memory space. The script does not overclock anything!
    right so it doesnt affect any cpu/ram speed?

you arent really answering my question. you are simple changing how much virtual memory ntw is addressing?

these are your words....

Quote Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
    You say that it increases the FPS without any extra strain on the processor, but now the processor has to do two things at once. It has to run the script, and it has to run NTW. So it puts more strain. Plus that download could contain a virus. I seriously doubt that this increases performance. If you can get another testimonial it might change my mind, but you have no proof. Pictures of the change would be nice.
    I've provided it already to Medieval 2: Total War.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270604

I can guarantee that it is no virus and cause of the comments I can also guarantee that it will have an positive effect. It was even sticky in the technical forum of this modification before it was switched to the "submod" section to get more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    right so it doesnt affect any cpu/ram speed?

you arent really answering my question. you are simple changing how much virtual memory ntw is addressing?

these are your words....
    I mean the interrupting rate of the scheduler. It highers the amount of checks that it does per second to look for running progresses. Cause of this the system gets more interactive but it does not overclock.
    Last edited by YassirX; February 27, 2010 at 07:48 AM.

well any mention of software chaning of cpu frequency i run a mile.

maybe it works, maybe it doesnt, but not for me.

i dont mind helping people by telling them how to overclock their parts in bios or using overclocking/overvolting gpu or even bios flashing a gpu (well that is a bit risky )

but generally the reason you do it in the bios and it takes time and patience is because like most things there is a correct way of doing it.

any software that says "speed up pc performance" etc arent needed.

AHH

I think what you are doing is turning off unwanted processes. You can do this by using ms config. Your program might work with lesser cpus. I.e with a corei7 or quad turning off applications isnt necessary as have you enough cpu muscle.

I would change your original post to clarify what it does. If it doesnt change cpu speed or frequency dont say it does. This to me equals hazard warning!
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 27, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Youre right, overclocking has a bigger effect but when it is done wrong it can harm your components. I just wanted to help players in a safe way to get a better gaming expierence. It really only is a small increase, but it is an increase. When I run my script on my computer I even get a better result in benchmarks. Everyone can use this script at likely, I am not forcing anyone to use it . It was firstly online written by a friend of mine and only in use of us both, when I finally decided to provide it to the public. I also guess I am not the only one out there who has written such a script, as it is very small .

Praepositus
    Citizen

I flicked through a couple of pages, and saw two things. One, you admitting that this is an overclock. Secondly, I found one person who gave it a kind of positive review, although they said it didn't improve the FPS.

Here is the code for those who are thinking it is a virus:

Code:
    #include
    #include
    int main(void) {
    timeBeginPeriod(1);
    printf("Press any key to restore normal timer frequency.\n");
    getchar();
    timeEndPeriod(1);
    return 0;
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
    I flicked through a couple of pages, and saw two things. One, you admitting that this is an overclock. Secondly, I found one person who gave it a kind of positive review, although they said it didn't improve the FPS.
    I never admitted that it is an overclock. If you read further you will notice more positive reviews, there is no negative!

As far as I know, nothing relating to the CPU will increase the amount of frames being rendered given that the job for rendering frames is the GPU's. I'm running N:TW pretty well at the moment but I always like to tweak things for a performance boost. I'm still not convinced by this though, the posters above have raised some relevant issues that don't seem to be fully answered.

I'm a natural born skeptic though, so show me some proof of this working in N:TW and I'll give it a try.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by RegalEagle View Post
    As far as I know, nothing relating to the CPU will increase the amount of frames being rendered given that the job for rendering frames is the GPU's. I'm running N:TW pretty well at the moment but I always like to tweak things for a performance boost. I'm still not convinced by this though, the posters above have raised some relevant issues that don't seem to be fully answered.

I'm a natural born skeptic though, so show me some proof of this working in N:TW and I'll give it a try.
    Like before and after screen shots. "Apicture is worth a thousand words". I have my doubts. These ideas were put forth in DOS and were never proven that I remeber.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalEagle View Post

it's pretty common knowledge that different cpus will result in diff fps. i.e a corei7 versus a stock e8400 might show an improvement depending on the game ofc.

however just because you have a corei7 over a less powerfull core duo doesnt mean much it's when you increase speeps from stock by say 50 percent couple with a higher end gpu that you notice substantial jumps.

again depends on other factors like resolution used and the game in question.

personally for me i know by overclocking cpu and gpu i gain 20fps if am lucky. but then u need better cooling which again costs more money so therefore it is all somewhat relative.

p.s have a look at gta1v for a game that is pretty cpu dependant...(well could be its just a crap port for the pc mind u )
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Icon14 Re: FPS Boost-Script (better gaming experience!)

Without script: FPS<30
    Script running: FPS>60
    youve got my respect sir!

Laetus

(Above) hmmm.... 1st post and signed up today?

Really works...impressive performance after running the script!Thanks!