Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***FEB 28***

Quote Originally Posted by algorath View Post
    AI in TW games, or any game for that matter, will never be as good as our brain so thats that. Besides its challenging enough if u a) dont cheat, b) play somewhat historical/realistic and c)dont exploid the ai weaknessessessess
    Stainless Steel is designed to boost the AI and make up in bonus points like automatic 10 Authority what it really lacks in strategy.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Hi PB, finally got round to installing the latest stuff and I see a few problems with the traits file. Some non-bgr things I normally tweak so as they dont negate BGR stuff have reappeared. You may have done it intentionally, but if not then

The ai boost traits and triggers should be removed from the bgr versions as BGR has a different system for this. With both systems the ai boost is OTT.

Trigger Agents24 and Trigger Agents23 I usually remove as I strongly suspect them of causing a ctd

The royal blood movement bonuses some factions get for being in large territories isn't really fair, because they still have the bonus when they move in smaller territories and vice versa for other factions. I normally have these at 2, they are currently 5, which is large enough, for example to negate the effects of carrying supplies. Rather unfair, particularly in hotseat.

In the campaign db the <siege_att_str_modifier float="0.55"/> (normally 0.27 in BGR) change will effectively reduce the ai's strength when sieging as it wont send enough men. The ai does not account for defending troops that may be within reach of the attacked settlement, which puts them at a significant disadvantage.
    Hi Byg, noted this post and will attend to these issues thanks I didn't intentionally add them in, especially the AI boost.

siege_att_str_modifier seems to be a bit of a question mark at the moment...
    Last edited by Point Blank; March 06, 2010 at 09:14 AM.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Hi Byg, noted this post and will attend to these issues thanks I didn't intentionally add them in, especially the AI boost.

siege_att_str_modifier seems to be a bit of a question mark at the moment...
    Hi there was also so an error related to Beacon of faith epithet so I think it is a good idea to remove its epithet lines in traits and vnvs.

this may have related to unnamed characters or something, but no great loss to remove them.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

PB: In 1450 campaign, G5's limited activity sets/building codes seems to have no effect. Settlement can do whatever without a gernal. So, this is intended or needs to be fixed?
    Last edited by griffin795; March 07, 2010 at 01:27 AM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I thought Germanicus5's script was only in BGRIV?
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Limited Activities is BGRIV only, Assimilation applies to all releases.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm a little confused: has the siege bug slipped back into the game? I've got a rather sweet game going at the moment and I'd rather not have to nix it

All I know is that when I play, I don't stop to save through turns 50-60 and chug right on through. Every save prior/after that has worked fine for me
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Patrician

Hi, just noticed the descr_settlement_mechanics is different in the BGRIV folder to the one in the BGR Ai folder. The BGR AI folder is more recent and harder.
    This means that depending on which order users copy these files over in they will get a game of differing difficulty.

Here is one with slightly less difficulty, which might help with the difficulty added via "Limited Activities" script, if together they are too hard. It is still hard though even on its own.
    Last edited by Byg; March 07, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

hi i just dl'ed this latest patch and there seem to be tweek on the border stuff and icons like recruitment/buildings/turn/missions/ etc... does anyone know how to remove this and go how it used to be? thnx

Modding questions are better asked in the Mod Workshop, mind you.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yep that's the bug. Damn bugs. Safer to play late campaign for the moment, I'll have the TO bug sorted by the end of the weekend. I've re-written the code, just needs testing.
    Im part through a game coming up to where the TO will emerge. Is there a short term fix we could try?

Its a Byzantine game so Im not too bothered about the TO. Could I edit out the event or something? Maybe put the ; somewhere like for the old save bug on the last version?

You should have modded them out before you started the game. They are triggered by the campaign_script.txt, which is a part of the savegame. I'm sorry for you
    The Enemy of Human Souls

Patrician

Last edited by Byg; March 09, 2010 at 04:14 AM.

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    You should have modded them out before you started the game. They are triggered by the campaign_script.txt, which is a part of the savegame. I'm sorry for you
    Its a shame.

What can I do in the campaign_script.txt to edit it out, so it doesnt kill the save game, if I start a new one tomorrow?

I would try to save/load around it. It worked for me when my savegame got corrupt to load an earlier savegame and try again (before the update, that is). Would save the trouble of starting again.

Always save in more than a few slots, your best bet to avoid the need to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Its a shame.

What can I do in the campaign_script.txt to edit it out, so it doesnt kill the save game, if I start a new one tomorrow?
    First of all, the script is in Medieval Ii\mods\SS\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. Back it up before you do anything.

Search for something like "Teutonic Order Emerge" (or whatever it's called, there a little index at the start of the file) take out everything till you reach the next part of the script (most of time this is announced with a lot of ;;;;;;
    The Enemy of Human Souls

HELP!!! "Medieval 2 has encountered and unspecific error!"

Ive installed the game in the following order:

SS 6.0 Part 1
    SS 6.0 Part 2
    SS 6.1 all boxes unchecked
    RR Part 1 and 2 at the same time
    task.bat
    RR Feb Hotfix
    task2.bat

I dont know what went wrong. Ive tried it several times now but no success so far. I cant even play a battle no matter what. :-(

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

JackLong69,
    If you are using Vista/Windows 7, you need the UAC disabled, whilst installing and campaigning

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

No, just Win XP. All other mods and vanilla make no problems. T_T