Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***FEB 28***

In my head at the moment, which is in general a fairly tenuous place to be, so I'll try to write a change/credit list soon.
    ok, thanks.

ok so what is the installation order ?
    ss6.1 -> 2 parts of rr/rc -> hotfix 30oct -> tasks.bat -> feb28 patch -> tasks2.bat ?

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

I've done it this way, everything seems to work
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Icon12 Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***FEB 28***

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Then you clearly have no idea how many other substantial elements have been added to the game through this mod. I for one prefer this mod only in the absence of BGR IV.
    I mean BRG makes the things more realistic. E.g War Council, the whole recuitment and building system.
    Do you know any other sub-mods which can be useful with this mod? I really appreciate your work, I really like it, but I also like BGR.
    I started file_task2 bat, everything is fine but BGR doesn't want to work. Is there something I can do for it? (I mean some kind of file to run to make it available again)

Is there a chance to change back the interface and still keep the updates/changes compared to the oct30 release?
    I don't know how to write scipts, etc, so could you please tell me a more or less "simple" solution?

Regards
    Last edited by Tyiallyradil; March 02, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tyiallyradil View Post
    I mean BRG makes the things more realistic. E.g War Council, the whole recuitment and building system.
    Do you know any other sub-mods which can be useful with this mod? I really appreciate your work, I really like it, but I also like BGR.
    I started file_task2 bat, everything is fine but BGR doesn't want to work. Is there something I can do for it? (I mean some kind of file to run to make it available again)

Is there a chance to change back the interface and still keep the updates/changes compared to the oct30 release?
    I don't know how to write scipts, etc, so could you please tell me a more or less "simple" solution?

Regards
    Tyiallyradil,

I am bit confused when you say it will not work, you are aware that you copy the content of BGR4 and Paste to the SS6/Data Folder.

To change the UI back to the original, PB put a post within a day or two of releasing this update. It should be in first few pages, it was response to feedback from Loose Cannon, I believe

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    I've done it this way, everything seems to work
    Looks like it works fine for me too.

One question though: i remember there was a patch for the 30 oct version that gave more move points to armies and characters. Do you guys know if it will work with this version ? Or maybe it was a different mod cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Tyiallyradil,

I am bit confused when you say it will not work, you are aware that you copy the content of BGR4 and Paste to the SS6/Data Folder.

To change the UI back to the original, PB put a post within a day or two of releasing this update. It should be in first few pages, it was response to feedback from Loose Cannon, I believe
    Reasons why I think BGR doesn't work for me:
    - If I press "U" button, it doesn't show the expenses of the nobles and the other.
    - If I Leave a Town/Castle without a general/ruler for more than 1 turn, I can still build/recruit.
    - Training Stuff, War Council miss from the generals' traits.
    - I can't see any handicap about recruiting ( I mean I can recruit good units even with my worst general)

I will try to fix it, thanks for the quick answers

Regards

Is there a list of settlements that generate free armies for the Mongols from the bug? Does this bug happen in every game or just sometimes? I think it may have happened in my game, since they still have a ton of armies running around in turn 178.

There is no bug in latest version.

Hi guys ,I`m enjoying your fantastic compilation . One question though: Has that da... blockey smoke been fixed ?

No man not yet

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***FEB 28***

Downloading this now. I didn't even know there was an update untikl just now. Dang i gotta sloqw down reading these posts lol!

Yesterday I've installed this latest patch and continued my early era campaign with Venice. I have played a few turns and offered a ceasefire to Fatmids. I was in war with them because I joined a crusade to Cairo but didn't fought with them. My ceasefire proposal was rated as very generous even though Fatmids where very strong both military and financially. I've tried couple of times with different demanding and got Gaza in return for ceasefire?! I think this is a bit unbalanced and unrealistic.
    Also, is their another faction besides Venice that has rulers titled as Dodge? I got a message that Dodge is dead but accidentally closed it before I could see if its Venetian dodge. When i checked my dodge he was alive and was 64 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    Yesterday I've installed this latest patch and continued my early era campaign with Venice. I have played a few turns and offered a ceasefire to Fatmids. I was in war with them because I joined a crusade to Cairo but didn't fought with them. My ceasefire proposal was rated as very generous even though Fatmids where very strong both military and financially. I've tried couple of times with different demanding and got Gaza in return for ceasefire?! I think this is a bit unbalanced and unrealistic.
    Also, is their another faction besides Venice that has rulers titled as Dodge? I got a message that Dodge is dead but accidentally closed it before I could see if its Venetian dodge. When i checked my dodge he was alive and was 64 years old.
    Although the diplomatic offer by Egypt does seem pretty large, they usually only offer ceasefires when they're in a VERY dire situation, eg lots of factions at war with them, a recent military loss and a current fragile war front, etc.

Also, you can probably plan on them attempting to take back Gaza once they're at peace with other factions

As for the Doge, the Genoese/Pisan Republic also has one, and if your Doge is alive and well then it was most likely theirs that passed away.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

So is this save game compatible? I am using RR/RC btw.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Sidburn,

It most certainly is, confirmed by PB on Page 2

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    Yes, Chrysler does.

Chrysler

PB, what r u working on atm for rr/rc?

Fixing TO Emergence siege bug. Code written, needs testing. Added cedric37's latest interfaces. Made Early Campaign 1 TPY.