Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***APRIL 11***

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Noir View Post
    Where is this October patch?
    should be this one, i'm assuming. @ least its written october on the top of the post
    but someone may correct me if i'm wrong

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Found some silver surfers, it's the Lubchiten.

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/kingdo...250051075.png/

They are also missing their unit cards, as are numerous other units. Would you like me to tell you companies don't have unit cards?

Latest beta June 26 - if there are no further major problems, this will be the next update:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31T28TFN

Features (some of them):
    -Peasants are updated thanks to AWellesley's new models (early peasants have 2H crude weapons, later peasants have simple polearms), late peasants become available after about 1220
    -Seether's Alberi di Famiglia Regal v1.01 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=alberto) is fully integrated (including new faction starting funds and updated King's Purses)
    -HRE has taken over Sicily in Late Campaign
    -Mongol and Timurid economy allows for them to expand much more powerfully
    -a number of stat fixes and updates
    -France has French Archers
    -new Mongol/Timurid icons by merlinuscdxx
    -Fair Prince's text updates
    -totally revised AI siege code to (hopefully) avoid CTD's some people are having
    -era-dependent garrison script (code adapted from Tsarsies)
    -updated Mongol and Timurid army composition and invasion scripts
    -Rozanov's script to destroy unused crusade units
    -latest Germanicu5 BattleAI
    -Adana rebel garrison removed in Late Era
    -some missing events added bank into 1450 campaign
    -borders returned to minimap, but you can substitute descr_sm_factions_NO_BORDERS by romy instead if you prefer
    -other problems described in this thread fixed if possible
    -Cumans in Wallachia in early campaign buffed

-Extract to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    -Run C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\FILE_TASKS2.bat
    (not critical to do but advisable)

Quote Originally Posted by OneArmedScissor View Post
    is there an alternate download site?

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Hey PB, could you please change textures(the look of the units on the battlemap) of the latest armor updates for english\french highest tier knights to gothic\italian armor ? Because "golden shield" and "silver shield" armor updates of king's men\noble knights have the same look :/ In the XV century French wore italian armor and
    English a mixture of gothic\italian...

The silver shield upgrade is improved metallurgy, and the gold is advanced metallurgy, which is representative of so-called 'Greenwich Armor'. Not sure if there are available textures for english and french to fit italian or gothic armor, will have a look when I have time.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 27, 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Making them look like men at arms with latest armor upgrade, or gothic knights(for english), will surely do - anyway these are the only latest armor textures, otherwise you'll have to make you're own unit.

love to see the constant improvements ... every small step leads to HUGE gains.
    “You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.” Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Are the patches a cumulative thing, or do I need to install them in order of release?
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Actually you can just install the two big Oct30 files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then install the update in the first post in the thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370579, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

So can i play whatever campaign, early, late or 1450, will it run properly or do i need to change some files so that a campaign should run properly ??
    Thanks in advance!

You don't need to change files unless you want to play with a different A.I or with BGR

I've noticed I'm getting a lot of missing images, particularly in the later era units.
    You know, when I get the little dude with the dagger pic..........................

What is causing this? Bad install?
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; July 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    I've noticed I'm getting a lot of missing images, particularly in the later era units.
    You know, when I get the little dude with the dagger pic..........................

What is causing this? Bad install?
    missing units pics is indeed often an incomplete install.. or sometimes the link doesn't match the filename if i'm correct..

Did you run FILE_TASKS.bat after installing the 2 Oct30 files?

Big thank you to Point Blank, very good work.

And congratulations on your daughter.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by patrician1 View Post
    missing units pics is indeed often an incomplete install.. or sometimes the link doesn't match the filename if i'm correct..
    I had the same problem. So if I re-install they should have their pictures then?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Did you run FILE_TASKS.bat after installing the 2 Oct30 files?
    This time, I did run it, but after the latest hotfix.
    I've been just doing all the files, from Stainless Steel to the Comp files to the latest hotfix and not playing the game until I had installed it all.
    Been having alot of trouble with my computer lately and have installed all this at least 4 times in the last month.

I am on turn 48 as France, year 1170 (set turn == 1.5 years to speed it up a bit), control 17 regions and have no guilds at all in any city/town (noticed however that England has Merchant guild in London). Is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by MAG View Post
    I am on turn 48 as France, year 1170 (set turn == 1.5 years to speed it up a bit), control 17 regions and have no guilds at all in any city/town (noticed however that England has Merchant guild in London). Is it ok?
    Sorry, my mistake - I ALSO have merchant guild (Paris), but no other, especially not a single religious order guild (despite I control Jerusalem) and I remember that they were pretty common in vanilla. Did rr\rc changed it substantially?