Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION ***APRIL 11***

what about the 1220 campaign?

1220 campaign is fine.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

I am getting a "corrupted file(s)" warning while extracting with winRAR. Anyone else getting this problem?

edit: OK nevermind, must've been bad DL. I downloaded again and this time all is well
    Last edited by Stario; April 12, 2010 at 06:22 AM.

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION !!!MAR21!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    After installation of this patch I have reinstalled y2day's Eye Candy mod in order to restore default UI look but that didn't work for ERE. How can I restore default UI for ERE?
    Anyone?

Extensive re-write and testing of siege code going well, next update might include garrison script also.

So what is different about sieges that I should look out for? Is it pathfinding or boobies?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

thanks for update :-D good stuff

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

PB,

If I want to play a BGR IV-E 1450 campaign, I copy the BRG files and alternate text files after I install the April 11 patch, right ?

Yes

Garrison script in and working Campaign stability massively improved.

Next project: start adding in some BC units and Magyar mod.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 13, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post

Damn man, u're the best! I've been waiting this for my WHOLE LIFE!! I hope it would be fast

Oh my god that's great!!!

Will be the best mod evar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    Oh my god that's great!!!

Will be the best mod evar!!!
    Will be? It isn't already?
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

The muslim units are not very good in this patch. Late ME general bodyguards have the lancers in hand, but historically they never. And there are surely other muslim units use lancers.
    Most of the muslim soldiers looks the same. I am already imported some BC units in my own SS RR/RC. But the BC units are about 13th century. They use mail armor as the highest upgrade, and no higher level armor upgrade. And I search BC units, find many kinds of ghulams, the have junior, medium, heavy, and elite ghulams. But some use swords, others use maces, that made me really headache. And the horses. Few of the BC heavy calavry rides armored horse, the unit cards need to be redone.
    Last edited by griffin795; April 14, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Didn't make any changes to units in this patch. The lack of armor upgrades for BC units is a concern.

I can release next patch soon, main improvement is the garrison script and stable early campaign.

About garrison script. Does it have something to do with this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348308 ? Is it only for AI controlled factions? As I understand it, this script spawns extra units when AI controlled settlement is under siege. Am I right?

No its based on Tsarsies's garrison script. It generates faction-specific units (eg Novgorod would generate Berdiche Militia etc) and mercenary-type units when an AI settlement is sieged/assaulted by the human player. It only fires when the settlement is controlled by the original owner. It also takes era into account and generates more and better units in later eras.

It doesn't generate a large number of units, but it will make the player need to plan more.

Roz has some great ideas in the thread you mention and maybe some can be included, its just that I had this code pretty much done so just had to add it in and test it, so far so good

No its based on Tsarsies's garrison script. It generates faction-specific units (eg Novgorod would generate Berdiche Militia etc) and mercenary-type units when an AI settlement is sieged/assaulted by the human player. It only fires when the settlement is controlled by the original owner. It also takes era into account and generates more and better units in later eras.

It doesn't generate a large number of units, but it will make the player need to plan more.

Roz has some great ideas in the thread you mention and maybe some can be included, its just that I had this code pretty much done so just had to add it in and test it, so far so good
    When you say "Original" owner, does, for example, the trigger fire if France controls Toulouse? As they're "Ile-de-France" rebels?
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION !!!MAR21!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    i think you understood me wrong, maybe because i didn't explain corretly( English isn't my matern language), what i mean was if it's possible for a genearal to have two settlement titles from different cities, for example, in my english campaign, prince Edward could be the Prince of Leinster (title from the city of dublin) and Earl of Mercia (title from Nottingham Castle)...in previous versions of RR\RC this was possible but like Sir Walter mencioned it was limited to one title per general

if you understood what i have said in the previous post...in that case ignore this cause you are right, it would take too much work and it's not worth
    Far too much work involved to be viable or suitable.

As to the last question, the script will trigger for a settlement, provided it's a) coded for, and b) was owned by original faction. If the answer to both of these is Yes, then the script triggers.

Does Toulouse start as French Territory? If yes, check if it's scripted. If yes, then when you besiege it, the Ai will get a garrison script.

Alternatively, simplest way to check is to just siege the settlement in game from the start (use character_reset).

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Yes if France controls Toulouse it will generate a garrison if sieged by the player. The 'original' owner mostly corresponds to the hidden resource identifying the region owner in descr_regions. Easy enough to add 'custom' owners so that garrisons can be generated for more than one possible owner. I'm a little unsure about what to do about the Holy Land and other such 'occupied' regions.

Also want to add some code in to modify numbers of units generated based on settlement size, and also to give units generated in castles slightly more experience.

Edit: Vaz beat me too it
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 14, 2010 at 08:02 AM.