Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION !!!MAR21!!!

In M2TW\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\ui\<culture>\portraits.
    Where <culture> is either: northern_european, eastern_european, southern_european, greek or middle_eastern.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I got the thing fixed! Now...how do you increase character speed? I find it slow.
    Last edited by Grouchio; April 03, 2010 at 07:07 AM.

Update List:
    -Updated character movement speeds on campaign map. If you find too slow, backup data/descr_character.txt and rename data/descr_character_FASTER.txt to data/descr_character.txt

Haha, I already knew that from playing the tatw rc/rr.

I'm sorry but why is this called March 21 patch if it was released on February 28?
    And to apply BGR, is it best to install part 1 and 2 of RR/RC, install this new hotfix, then apply the BGR to the data folder, or install RR/RC part 1 and 2, apply BGR, then install this new hotfix?
    Last edited by Barbarian Roman; April 03, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    I'm sorry but why is this called March 21 patch if it was released on February 28?
    And to apply BGR, is it best to install part 1 and 2 of RR/RC, install this new hotfix, then apply the BGR to the data folder, or install RR/RC part 1 and 2, apply BGR, then install this new hotfix?
    First question: There was a Feb 28th hotfix that was replaced by the Mar 21st.

Second question: Hotfix before BGR.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but will Island settlements get a trade boost?
    I mean: many rich trade centers were build on Islands (Crete did well, after the fall of the Crusaders States Cyprus was exceptionally rich), however, in game they don't generate a lot of trading income (because they have no land trade). By adding a hidden resource for islands that would give 2-3 trade fleets for a one building (probably the port) this would balance out and make those historical trade centers real trade centers.

I've got another idea, but a less good one: why don't make a few Armenian units recruitable in Adana, only for the Crusaders States and perhaps a few other factions (Romans? French?)
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but will Island settlements get a trade boost?
    I mean: many rich trade centers were build on Islands (Crete did well, after the fall of the Crusaders States Cyprus was exceptionally rich), however, in game they don't generate a lot of trading income (because they have no land trade). By adding a hidden resource for islands that would give 2-3 trade fleets for a one building (probably the port) this would balance out and make those historical trade centers real trade centers.

I've got another idea, but a less good one: why don't make a few Armenian units recruitable in Adana, only for the Crusaders States and perhaps a few other factions (Romans? French?)
    Would AOR Christian-only units work? (Or simply AOR but not for Turks or Fatimids).

Yes, they would.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

Yes, they would.
    Then why not try that for the Armenian units?

hi, just a question about ancillaries...generals can only have one settlement title?? normally this title is gained by leaving generals during one turn in settlement but i let them a coule turns and yet they don't gain the title...maybe because they already have one from another city

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    hi, just a question about ancillaries...generals can only have one settlement title?? normally this title is gained by leaving generals during one turn in settlement but i let them a coule turns and yet they don't gain the title...maybe because they already have one from another city
    Yeah, it was implemented in CO&E to stop people filling up all the ancillary slots with titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    Yeah, it was implemented in CO&E to stop people filling up all the ancillary slots with titles.
    that makes sense...but it's not possible to set the limit to two settlement titles per general??

that makes sense...but it's not possible to set the limit to two settlement titles per general??
    If we would double all titles, and make one a different type, and create a seperate trigger for it (the general must already have a title, and he can't gain the same title twice this way) it might work. Sounds like to much work for me, I'm afraid. And there's no real need to do it.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

If we would double all titles, and make one a different type, and create a seperate trigger for it (the general must already have a title, and he can't gain the same title twice this way) it might work. Sounds like to much work for me, I'm afraid. And there's no real need to do it.

i think you understood me wrong, maybe because i didn't explain corretly( English isn't my matern language), what i mean was if it's possible for a genearal to have two settlement titles from different cities, for example, in my english campaign, prince Edward could be the Prince of Leinster (title from the city of dublin) and Earl of Mercia (title from Nottingham Castle)...in previous versions of RR\RC this was possible but like Sir Walter mencioned it was limited to one title per general

if you understood what i have said in the previous post...in that case ignore this cause you are right, it would take too much work and it's not worth
    Last edited by LethaL; April 05, 2010 at 10:37 AM.

i think you understood me wrong, maybe because i didn't explain corretly( English isn't my matern language), what i mean was if it's possible for a genearal to have two settlement titles from different cities, for example, in my english campaign, prince Edward could be the Prince of Leinster (title from the city of dublin) and Earl of Mercia (title from Nottingham Castle)...in previous versions of RR\RC this was possible but like Sir Walter mencioned it was limited to one title per general

if you understood what i have said in the previous post...in that case ignore this cause you are right, it would take too much work and it's not worth
    I think he did, and if he didn't, I came to the same conclusion and did. It's unfortunate. If I had the money to make a game, I'd use a title system more like MI-TW.

Florin86's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you very much and continue your great work !

if not to much work how can i make generals recruitable after the construction of a military academy??
    Last edited by LethaL; April 05, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

That's pretty easy. I could explain it to you, but then CC will get mad at me so I say: in the Mod Workshop are tutorials: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272
    The Enemy of Human Souls

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Concur with booth excellent ideas!

The Armenian issue is a good one, and I'm glad I'm not alone in suggesting (it was just me on the bandwagon up until now ). I agree that Armenian Infantry, Archers, and Cavalry should be AoR troops for Adana, and perhaps less so around Yerevan. Not just for Christians though; they fought for the Romans, and the Crusaders, but they also fought for the Turks and the Mongols.