Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION !!!MAR21!!!

I was in the middle of a BGRIV game when I got the TO crash at the end of turn 86. I find that if I install the new (March) patch without BGRIV and replay from turn 84, which is before the TO emergence, there is no crash. But if I also install the new version of BGRIV which came with the new patch, the game crashes again at the end of turn 86 when the TO comes up, just as it did before. I've tried installing BGRIV without the world or text folders, just the misc data files (just to see if I could get it to work) yet the game still crashes when the TO comes up at the end of turn 86. I would just start a new early campaign game, but now I am concerned that with BGRIV the TO crash may still persist. Any ideas?

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Those files are in the March update.

Install march update then apply the BGRIV folder and optionally the BGRIV ai folder.
    Done and it works.

Thanks mate and keep up the good work.

You can't install new version and expect any difference with old saved games, you have to start new game, in which case, because its now 1 tpy, its about turn 125.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I have just released a version of BGRIII for the RRRC Compilation (March update edition). This saves users having to do it themselves.

It adds the option of using BGRIII via a folder of files in the same way as BGRIV E is optional.

It has a revised method of War Council membership priority over the original BGRIII & includes a trait sorter to group BGR traits for easier viewing.

It is available in the optional extras section in the 1st post here.

I would recommend using this version as a stepping stone for any users that may be frightened of BGRIV E.
    Last edited by Byg; March 26, 2010 at 06:32 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I am frightened by everything about you, from your avatar all the way to your brutal mod that makes me feel incompetent.

I suppose that's why you're a purveyor of fear, though.

Someday, when I feel ready, I will check that box. Someday. Maybe even sooner, if someone were to hold me and tell me it's going to be ok.

Uh, that's your cue.

Quote Originally Posted by tono4080
    I have installed SS 6.2RC4 Feb28 patch and BGR4.Can I install a march update over it?(to remove TO bug)
    I installed the March update over the February one and the game still crashes, and in the instructions it says to install March over October, so I'm gonna reinstall the whole shebang.

She moves, she moves.
    Last edited by k/t; March 26, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

why is it 1 turn per year now??

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

double post, delete plz
    Last edited by Marku; March 27, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

hi, i'm playing a late era campaign as England and i can't recruit norman serjeants...i've only the ones i start with...is that intended or is some event necessary before i can recruit them??

thanks...

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

I think norman serjeants are available in early only, then replaced by armored sergeants later.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

yeah you are right, they are described as early professional...i didn't notice that

thanks

You can still recruit Early Professionals late in the Early Era campaign or during the Late Era campaign. It's just that some units become obsolete and you will no longer be able to recruit them after a certain year. From what I've seen, the Peasant Militia armed with spears that you garrison in your cities in the beginning are no longer available after 1300, at which point you get Urban Militia armed with halberds and pikes, or still armed with spears but with better stats.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hm... I prefer 1.5 year per turn instead of 1 year per turn. Can I change it somehow?

I have applied this update over February hotfix but when I read instructions more carefully I realized that it needs to be installed over October version. Do I have to remove SS completely or is there an easier way?

deRougemont's Avatar Yeoman

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I have just released a version of BGRIII for the RRRC Compilation (March update edition). This saves users having to do it themselves.
    Thanks, just what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    I have applied this update over February hotfix but when I read instructions more carefully I realized that it needs to be installed over October version. Do I have to remove SS completely or is there an easier way?

I've been told it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I've been told it doesn't matter.
    Thanks. I've reinstalled SS without February hotfix, just in case.

The only difference I noticed was that the March version moved Pisa and Brasov back to their rightful places. Also Corinth was put back in. I forget what the latest version has, but in one of them Durazzo was a city instead of a castle.

wow yeah!, 1 year per turn playing as the kwazermians in early campgain the sooner the mongols will come, lol i was wrong now i have more time.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM.

hi...i keep getting a ctd at turn 24 during the load of siege battle in Scotland's turn, i don't know if it's because their general is William Wallace cause this didn't happen before...i'm playing a Late era campaign with england...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/scotland/winter
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/scotland/winter/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1630: caching directory: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/winter
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/winter
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.320 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1631: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/scotland
    17:23:23.321 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/scotland
    17:23:23.321 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/scotland/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.321 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1632: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/scotland/winter
    17:23:23.321 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/scotland/winter
    17:23:23.321 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/scotland/winter/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1633: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/winter
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/winter
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1634: caching directory: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail/textures/en_leaol_hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    17:23:23.322 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.323 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Leaol_Hmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_england_norm.texture
    17:23:23.830 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

here's my system log...
    Last edited by LethaL; March 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Did you save before the battle? If so, try again. If it still crashes it's a SS bug, if it doesn't, a vanilla one (which can't be modded out)
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.