Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION - 2010 Version - ***APRIL 11***

Default Re: LATEST SS RR/RC VERSION !!!MAR21!!!

Thanks for the new release !

Just to be sure : in order to completely remove BGR, I deleted lines after "BYG TRAITS STARTS HERE" and "BYG TRIGGERS STARTS HERE" in export_character_traits; then in descr_strat in the imperial_campaign folder I removed all the traits refering to "supplies" and "turnsaway" (so basically replacing "supplies 1 , turnsaway 3," and "supplies 1, turnsaway 3," with ""). Is that enough to remove BGR (and to gain some time during AI turns) ?

Thanks

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryn View Post
    Thanks for the new release !

Just to be sure : in order to completely remove BGR, I deleted lines after "BYG TRAITS STARTS HERE" and "BYG TRIGGERS STARTS HERE" in export_character_traits; then in descr_strat in the imperial_campaign folder I removed all the traits refering to "supplies" and "turnsaway" (so basically replacing "supplies 1 , turnsaway 3," and "supplies 1, turnsaway 3," with ""). Is that enough to remove BGR (and to gain some time during AI turns) ?

Thanks
    You wont reduce any AI turn time doing that because the simple old BGR2 version does not cause any. It has about 1000 times less code than most later versions and the files it uses do not delay ai think times anyway. That should remove it though. I already provide a file for anyone who wants to turn BGR2 off btw.
    Last edited by Byg; March 21, 2010 at 12:56 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Darth Pooh's Avatar Civis

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.
    Damn it, Iīve been looking forward to play since yesterday and now I canīt download the file. Is there any alternate link, please?
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a/an (insert a censored word ).

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    You wont reduce any AI turn time doing that because the simple old BGR2 version does not cause any. It has about 1000 times less code than most later versions and the files it uses do not delay ai think times anyway. That should remove it though. I already provide a file for anyone who wants to turn BGR2 off btw.
    Thanks for the quick answer
    Just to be sure, I highly respect your work, but I feel I'm not ready to use BGR for now .
    I didn't know you was providing a file to remove it though, thanks for the advice !

Darth Pooh : Try here
    I hope it won't harm PB if I host it on my ftp
    Last edited by Shoryn; March 21, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.
    Damn it, Iīve been looking forward to play since yesterday and now I canīt download the file. Is there any alternate link, please?
    MU is fine now but anyways:
    http://www.multiupload.com/I8A8K5PCCX
    http://rapidshare.com/files/36640682..._MAR21.7z.html
    http://depositfiles.com/de/files/mzkdvd1gm
    http://hotfile.com/dl/33921355/b7e3a..._MAR21.7z.html

is the latest hotfix save-game compatible?

PB - Thanks for the TO fix.

I have a question for PB or Byg that perhaps will also help others who were in the middle of a BGRIV game when the TO bug came up.

Here is the situation. I applied the TO fix, then reinstalled BGRIV. All of my generals estates and finances and so on were out of whack. After some thinking, I decided that this must be because the BGRIV data that I reinstalled had been updated along with the TO fix. So I then took the BGRIV from the original Feb RRRC Compilation and copied that over the TO fix. Now all of my generals estates and finances are back to normal.

My question is: A few of the files in the TO fix and BGRIV are the same. Hence, in order to continue my game with the Feb RRRC BGRIV I have had to reinstall the Feb BGRIV files over some of the files that came with the TO fix. Have I just jinxed the TO fix? If so, then perhaps I can keep the TO fix file that I need and not reinstall all of the Feb BGRIV files, merely reinstall the Feb BGRIV files that are necessary in order to keep my generals estates and finances in order.

These are the files that are common to both the TO fix and BGRIV: Text folder, World folder, descr campaign db, descr cultures, decr settlement mechanics, export descr ancillaries, export descr character traits

So which ones do I need to keep in order to fix the TO bug and yet maintain my old BGRIV generals estates and finances?

Of course, maybe the TO fix is not in a file which is common to BGRIV - in which case, I should be OK. If that is the case, then I hope this info is useful to anyone else who is trying to finish an old BGRIV early era campaign.

Thanks to Byg and PB for all the hard work!

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

changing the any traits /ancilliaries files mid game is going to cause problems.

with any patch it is always better to start a new campaign - any saved game will have the campaign_script that it started the campaign with - and it will depend on other files not being changed to work properly.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    PB - Thanks for the TO fix.

I have a question for PB or Byg that perhaps will also help others who were in the middle of a BGRIV game when the TO bug came up.

Here is the situation. I applied the TO fix, then reinstalled BGRIV. All of my generals estates and finances and so on were out of whack. After some thinking, I decided that this must be because the BGRIV data that I reinstalled had been updated along with the TO fix. So I then took the BGRIV from the original Feb RRRC Compilation and copied that over the TO fix. Now all of my generals estates and finances are back to normal.

My question is: A few of the files in the TO fix and BGRIV are the same. Hence, in order to continue my game with the Feb RRRC BGRIV I have had to reinstall the Feb BGRIV files over some of the files that came with the TO fix. Have I just jinxed the TO fix? If so, then perhaps I can keep the TO fix file that I need and not reinstall all of the Feb BGRIV files, merely reinstall the Feb BGRIV files that are necessary in order to keep my generals estates and finances in order.

These are the files that are common to both the TO fix and BGRIV: Text folder, World folder, descr campaign db, descr cultures, decr settlement mechanics, export descr ancillaries, export descr character traits

So which ones do I need to keep in order to fix the TO bug and yet maintain my old BGRIV generals estates and finances?

Of course, maybe the TO fix is not in a file which is common to BGRIV - in which case, I should be OK. If that is the case, then I hope this info is useful to anyone else who is trying to finish an old BGRIV early era campaign.

Thanks to Byg and PB for all the hard work!
    Right, the TO problem is not BGR code so IF the TO fix is save game compatible then only applying the world folder should fix it. (it MIGHT work if you apply it to a save before the TO error occurred). However PB may have changed other things too.

To do as you wish you should also use all the new version BGR files except traits related files (export_vnvs in text folder and export_descr_character_traits in data folder) which you cant use without starting a new campaign because I removed a non BGR trait in the latest release which clashed with a BGR trait. This means you would not get that correction, but then it was not a game breaking issue.
    Last edited by Byg; March 22, 2010 at 06:59 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

ruthless knight's Avatar Civis

i m playing a campaign with the crusader states with the latest RR RC patch(without byg). i was waiting the mongols with impetience but they didnt show up.neither the teutonic order did i get historical messeges and videos(for gunpowder for example).

any solution??
    Last edited by ruthless knight; March 22, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

What year did you stop waiting?

ruthless knight's Avatar Civis

i dont remember the year but it was 110 turn. in turn 82 i think i got a message ''a new threat''. but after that nothing. also i got the message when the TO emerge but no TO appeared on the map
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Darth Pooh's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much, MUīs working today, but I really appreciate your help. Rep +1
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a/an (insert a censored word ).

I don't like the [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces. How can I turn them off and restore standard interface look?

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Just reinstall y2day's Eye Candy mod, it will overwrite E2DI ui's or check out the latest E2DI ui's maybe you will find some that fit more to your tastes
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Just reinstall y2day's Eye Candy mod, it will overwrite E2DI ui's or check out the latest E2DI ui's maybe you will find some that fit more to your tastes

Thanks mate.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Glad i could help you
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Great mod! Thanks for letting us play such a masterpiece.

I have done a little editing myself on the mod for personal use, just increasing unit sizes so I get bigger fights with infantry. Now I'm about to start an Early campaign with cumans and Im wondering is it safe to play early campaign now? Are the campaign script bugs gone or should I stick to late campaign? (No BGR, haven't had the courage to try it yet)

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

It should be gone. I've not tested it yet.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless knight View Post
    i dont remember the year but it was 110 turn. in turn 82 i think i got a message ''a new threat''. but after that nothing. also i got the message when the TO emerge but no TO appeared on the map
    Early Campaign is now 1 year per turn, you have to start new campaign for campaign script and events file to be in sync.