Thread: Failed to connect to host problem still exist?

Default Failed to connect to host problem still exist?

As title says.
    This completely ruined my ETW mp, could only play with 20% of my clan due to this which was a shame.
    It's the problem where you can't connect in ETW, the little stopwatch just repeatedly span and then you got the message on 80% ish of battles after about 30 seconds.

Has anyone encountered this in NTW?

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Failed to connect to host problem still exist?

Manypeople suffer connection issues,especially failed connect to host: host unable to respond! Im among these people,can play only with 35-40% of players,i have no routers,no firewalls,etc... Ive seen lot of posts of such issues with ETW,but people havnt got any official answer from CA members. Theyve got their money,time to stamp new TW game and earn new money and so on...

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

if ure having problems connecting with friends for gods sake get hamachi

Quote Originally Posted by TheAussieDigger View Post
    if ure having problems connecting with friends for gods sake get hamachi
    I have Hamachi. Just it's better and more convenient to be able to connect easily/quicker.
    I've posted this problem on another forum and I've come up with port forwarding so I might look into it now I found out how to do it; if only I could find the necessary ports.

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Ive tried with Port Forwarding,but it didnt help me...BTW what ports are u trying to forward for NTW?

Haven't tried yet.

i have this problem a lot also, especially "no response from host"...

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

No responce from host.. Im getting it 90% of the times I try...
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Has anyone found the solution to this yet? I refuse to buy Napoleon or any future games for that matter until I know I can actually have fun playing it.

In the past I have tried port forwarding, dedicating E:TW in my modem game settings and a few other things. I have been to the shoguntotalwar, sega and Steam forums. Nobody seems to have an answer other than the typical "this is a <enter any-other-party-but-the-one-you're-currently-dealing-with name here> issue". I will try to find the port for Empire... I can't remember it atm.

The closest I have come to an answer is that it may be a brand incompatibility. Some modems or routers may be the issue. My attempts to ask people what modems/routers they use have come up wit no response: Let's hear it for the community! I use a Thompson Speedtouch 585v6 (modem/router in one).

*sigh

Civis

It is router/modem related, which has compatibility issues with other people. However ETW and NTW are the only games that seem to have this problem. So basically they coded It so we are screwed and they couldn't care less.

Also Hamachi doesn't always solve the problem, I still couldn't connect to someone I wanted to play through Hamachi and Ill be blunt, we shouldn't need a 3rd party program to enjoy multiplayer. It's unlikely they will fix this in their future games too because they can't even get a simple lobby room chat function to work.

I believe I have the same router/modem as you Sir Issac. I remember once It took me 7 hours to finally find a game and the guy ended up leaving half way through

Y@$!N's Avatar Senator

this is getting a bit silly now, if you look back a few posts people there are many threads also dedicated to this problem.while some found success, others didnt, e.g. myself . but i suggest looking through the old threads, and seeing if any potential solutions actually help you. and its because of he router as venset says in most cases-it blocks the connection to another pc.however, if CA cared much they would invest in servers, and play over the internet say like COD, and this would fix all these connection issues.
    My YouTube Channel
    Hello, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Y@$!N View Post
    this is getting a bit silly now, if you look back a few posts people there are many threads also dedicated to this problem.while some found success, others didnt, e.g. myself . but i suggest looking through the old threads, and seeing if any potential solutions actually help you. and its because of he router as venset says in most cases-it blocks the connection to another pc.however, if CA cared much they would invest in servers, and play over the internet say like COD, and this would fix all these connection issues.

I agree Mate! Its about time CA got their finger out and did something about this problem. It just ruins the MP experience for so many players....

Y@$!N's Avatar Senator

and probably puts some off the game entirely.its not what we need with other big titles releasing now like CivV and SCII
    My YouTube Channel
    Hello, again.

{GODS}Scipio_Africanus's Avatar Ordinarius
    IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, heaven, hades and valhalla.

Actually, a CA member commented on this error on these forums a while ago, he had a few solutions but none of them really fixed my "no response from host" issue that I get about 90 percent of the time... At least he tried to fix it though.

Y@$!N's Avatar Senator

yeah, i remember one guy or two from CA turned up.but they didnt really help, simply because they only looked at what their company said is the problem.somebody at CA needs to do a little extra research methinks, because whatever their solutions they gave, didnt work, so it must be something else o.O
    My YouTube Channel
    Hello, again.

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

sometimes i'll get no response from host from people i play with all the time and then it goes away again. I always play on the same computer i dont change any settings, sometimes we will finish a game and then he rehosts and i cant get in :S oh well.
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

Y@$!N's Avatar Senator

that happened to me with a guy once.we dont play no more......
    My YouTube Channel
    Hello, again.