Thread: Without the DBE, do we yet have a way to increase the number of guns per artillery unit?

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Without the DBE, do we yet have a way to increase the number of guns per artillery unit?

Changing the number of guns per artillery unit was pretty easy in ETW with the DBE, but with the tools we have now for NTW, is this yet possible?
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Default Re: Without the DBE, do we yet have a way to increase the number of guns per artillery unit?

It is, but you need to know how to use a hex editor, how to convert hex to decimal, and some idea of how a file is structured. If you want to give it a shot, I'd be willing to help you.

Anyway, I'm going to try to update the PFM. It'll take me a little bit, though, as I'm not even close to the programmer that Matt Chambers is and I'm completely unfamiliar with these files.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Without the DBE, do we yet have a way to increase the number of guns per artillery unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Changing the number of guns per artillery unit was pretty easy in ETW with the DBE, but with the tools we have now for NTW, is this yet possible?
    Hi Thoragoros, I after release of PFManager I thought problem solved, eager to see 8 gun size artilley I made my mod, but it did not work.
    Did you succed in increasing guns number?
    I posted my modding failure issues in PFManager thread
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

It is, and you need only the PFM. Then open the new new_patch.pack and find the unit_stats_land-table. There (column 1 and 3) you can edit the number of men and guns. But make shure, that you have for one gun 6 men.

Otherwise, visit this page (Post 59):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=335867&page=3

Greetz

Ice