Thread: retrofit mod for NTW?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default retrofit mod for NTW?

is anyone going to make a retrofit mod for NTW, like the one for kingdoms? adds NTW features to ETW grand campaign

Default Re: retrofit mod for NTW?

Yes this would be brilliant. It is a giant step back to have ETW with the entire world at our disposal to NTW with barely all of Europe, I stupidly bought the game assuming the world map would be in this game too!

I and desaix of Legio are going to work on this. we have all the ideas ready, soon we will start.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cappone View Post
    I and desaix of Legio are going to work on this. we have all the ideas ready, soon we will start.
    sounds good

When it comes to the campaign map... I'd rather have Napoleon's map over Empires. If the America's and India and the trade regions can be added to Napoleon's map that would just be gravy. Napoleon's Europe is 10x better then Empire's.

... Even without North Africa, the Middle East, or the top half of Norway/Sweden?

I'd prefer a happy medium. France doesn't need all those regions outside of a scenario based around Napoleon, so I'd like to see a couple of them chopped out and added in elsewhere as something else. Not that I think this is possible :/

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

i just want ETWs map with NTW graphics and battle features

Brilliant idea, I want NETW!

I have been lurking for years, but this is my first post. Is it at all possible to mod in the expanded diplomatic options from NTW?

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

ETW with NTW's graphics and "fixed" AI would be a gift from God!

GodofCats's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: retrofit mod for NTW?

OK, I finally found this thread after a bit of searching. I would like to contribute in any way I can to this MOD idea. Keep in mind that I have no experience modding, but I have a multitude of free time, and will contribute in any way I can.
    Ah, I'll rest now, yes? The endless dream calls to me... but before I close my eyes, I must know - what will become of my children? They were madmen before I found them and freed them from the prisons of their own minds... *sigh* and with my death, madmen they again will be. It's not what I believe. It's what I know.

Good idea.
    I don't understand why the game is focus only on Napoleon. I should be happy because I am french , but this is not the tradition of the total war series.
    Rome total war: 3 centuries
    Medieval total war: middle age to renaissance, around 5 centuries.
    Empire total war: 1.5 century (they miss the 17th, but it will be moded)
    Napoleon total war: some years...

We need time to remake the history .
    A campaign of 1 century sound like an arcade campaign for me. It sound like a simple addon, but without the whole. Something not accomplished. ETW and NTW should be welded together

For 3d models, the hats are very different between the 18th (Tricorne) and the 19th (Bicrone and top hat). Do you know, if 3d model of empire can be added to napoleon?
    Last edited by deums; February 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

If you wanna achieve this, you'll have to be able to mod NTW.

I guess there are limits on the number of provinces? France as 8 provinces probably won't work with India and America included again. So, would probably be a great deal of editing to be done I guess.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've seen an ETW mod with any map changes at all, just edits to what is there. Modding NTW like RTW and M2TW and having your own map and such would great, if possible. I'm most anticipating the diplomacy/liberations/looting if that much is possible at least.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by Markam View Post
    I guess there are limits on the number of provinces? France as 8 provinces probably won't work with India and America included again. So, would probably be a great deal of editing to be done I guess.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've seen an ETW mod with any map changes at all, just edits to what is there. Modding NTW like RTW and M2TW and having your own map and such would great, if possible. I'm most anticipating the diplomacy/liberations/looting if that much is possible at least.

CA said that warscape can handle an unlimited ammount of regions.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

you can basically mod ETW and NTW to anything you want, CA just needs to release the proper tools to achieve this

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium
    When it comes to the campaign map... I'd rather have Napoleon's map over Empires. If the America's and India and the trade regions can be added to Napoleon's map that would just be gravy. Napoleon's Europe is 10x better then Empire's.
    but in general napoleon is less good of the true Total Wars. The last one was Rome. the the followers are only Total Noobs, not total wars.

PS

I play since shogun, and see total wars raped like they are doing since Barbarian it's heartbreaking

M2TW wasn't bad. True it was no Rome, but lets face it...the AI in rome vanilla was horrible. The TR mode for Rome was brilliant...and very hard, in some cases.

That aside, I think the issue of bringing over the maps would be the graphical part. NTW uses a different GFX engine than ETW, which is obvious. Sure you could implement the different provinces etc (once proper tools are released), but from what I've read some aspects (as far as files etc) are a bit different than ETW. This may cause complications when trying to migrate to either. It would be great if we could institute the replenishment rule into ETW...but I'm not sure thats possible. I find throwing money at an army and it magically replenshing quite...unrealistic to say the least. Regardless, I'll look forward to the mod when released, of course!
    "These are the names of 100 of the most prominent Senators and friends of Brutus in Roma. We should kill them, all of them, before they learn what we are about"
    Gaius Octavius Ceasar

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

bump