Thread: Uk Install from disk 2 problem

Default Uk Install from disk 2 problem

Hi. I'm having a problem installing NTW from disc. I've closed steam and started install, all goes ok until it asks for Disc 2. I put in disc 2, (the autoload explorer window comes up - showing disc contents - which i close) and hit ok. Everything then seems to stop. there is no activity, the insert disk 2 pop up is still there and .. nothing, I waited and waited but nothing. The only way out then is to reboot my pc, i cant close steam or NTW install. Anyone had anything similar?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Uk Install from disk 2 problem

No. I had the 'insert disk 2' message and I put disk 2 in and didn't press the button (I'm used to games automatically starting to install from disk 2) but I had to click on the 'OK' for it to do anything.

Is the surface of your disk damaged in any way?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

No, it seems to be fine and explorer can read the content. I looked on Sega support and they said that I can basically download the disk 2 content from Steam using my key for the dvd version. Now I only have to wait another 24 hours to download it

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Another player just left the disc in and went to do something else for a while. It finally started installing.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

For me take a look at your disc in another drive, if they install alright then the is you dvd drive.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I think Steam has the whole process micromanaged to the point the disc 2 doesn't start unless they let it when it finally comes back around in the queue.