Thread: Question about patch 1.2 and my saves

Default Question about patch 1.2 and my saves

Will I need to start a new campaign in order for all the changes made by 1.2 to take effect? Or will my existing saves be properly updated?

Also, can anyone link me to a log of what is changed in 1.2, or post a list here for me? Thanks!

Default Re: Question about patch 1.2 and my saves

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Spartan II View Post
    Will I need to start a new campaign in order for all the changes made by 1.2 to take effect? Or will my existing saves be properly updated?

Also, can anyone link me to a log of what is changed in 1.2, or post a list here for me? Thanks!
    Save games are patch specific - this means that any change in your patch status will screw your saved games. A game generated on 1.0 will not work on 1.2 and etc.

If you want to find the change log for the various patch versions of M2 I'd suggest looking them up either using a generic search engine or the search function here on TWC - I'm thinking you need the practice. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    Save games are patch specific - this means that any change in your patch status will screw your saved games. A game generated on 1.0 will not work on 1.2 and etc.
    Quick stupid check here: Patch 1.2 is the exact same as version 1.02 in the Options menu in-game, right? Because I patched it, and I'm still able to play my original saves from before patching.

And this search here seems a wee bit inaccurate at times. I guess it'll take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Spartan II View Post
    Quick stupid check here: Patch 1.2 is the exact same as version 1.02 in the Options menu in-game, right? Because I patched it, and I'm still able to play my original saves from before patching.

And this search here seems a wee bit inaccurate at times. I guess it'll take some getting used to.
    That is correct - 1.2 equals 1.02. The patching system/naming for this game is a bit arcane but you are correct.
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort