Thread: Changing unit sizes MID-CAMPAIGN.

Default Changing unit sizes MID-CAMPAIGN.

*UPDATE* THIS WORKS FOR NAPOLEON: TOTAL WAR AS WELL, IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED.

HEADS UP: This will NOT change the sizes of units already recruited, it will only allow you to recruit units with the new scale WITHOUT having to start a new campaign. (For all of you who have seen Versoger's huge unit battles on his campaign, he is using this method)

Hi, for all you folks out there who don't want to start a new campaign but want to have more units per regiment, follow these simple steps.

1) Download Erasmus777's amazing EsfEditor: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303205

2) Run the EsfEditor and then click on file in the top left, then click "Open Savegame" then select the save game whose unit sizes you want to alter.

3) Click on the Plus sign of save_games\"your save game name here"
    + Campaign_SAVE_GAME <-- click the plus
    +YourFaction | SAVE_GAME_HEADER
    +CAMPAIGN_ENV Click on the plus sign of CAMPAIGN_ENV
    +Main | CAMPAIGN_SETUP <-- Click the plus sign here too.
    +CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP
    +CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS
    --YourFaction | CAMPAIGN_SETUP_LOCAL
    --CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER
    +CAMPAIGN_MODEL

If done correctly your tree should look like this:

save_games\"your save game name here"
    - CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME
    +YourFaction | SAVE_GAME_HEADER
    -CAMPAIGN_ENV
    -Main | CAMPAIGN_SETUP
    +CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP
    +CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS
    --YourFaction | CAMPAIGN_SETUP_LOCAL
    --CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER
    +CAMPAIGN_MODEL

*****With your mouse, click (so that it is highlighted) CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS.*****

Then for the first row on the top, (it has type Float) edit the value as if you were editing the

"campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #"

value in the preferences file.

As Ketzer mentioned in his "Guide to mass recruitment" Choose a unit size you want to have, (320 units for example, as I have) and then divide this number by 160. So, 320/160 = 2. This is the number you would place in the VALUE Box for the first row when you highlight CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS.

HEADS UP: This will NOT change the sizes of units already recruited, it will only allow you to recruit units with the new scale.

Note: Some scales do not work, such as those mentioned in Ketzer's Guide, here's an excerpt http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232113

[IMPORTANT: Not all numbers work! For one, I've only tested one decimal place (one position after decimal point).

All numbers up to '4' work except for:

I have tested every single number up to 4, above that only some nice looking ones.

For your convenience, here's a list of numbers that look good on standard line infantry (the vanilla number of men on "Ultra" being 160, as mentioned):

• 1.5 = 240 men
    • 2.5 = 400
    • 3.5 = 560
    • 4 = 640
    • 5 = 800
    • 7.5 = 1200 men]

Thank guys and have fun!!!!

Default Re: Changing unit sizes MID-CAMPAIGN.

Bump

Jonathan654's Avatar Libertus

Ketzer's way works for midgame too.
    what we need is a way of changing all the unit sizes of previous units by the new multiplier so that we can simply up the numbers whenever we want.

Ok, thought I would give this a try and got an unexpected result.

I followed the instructions within the description exaclty and thought hey presto mega armies in my save game. Only thing was i assumed wrongly that this impacted player only troops. (thought what a great way to replicate massed french columns). The result was just a mass of death and gun batteris with to many crew and not enough guns.

I then went back into the save game and changed the multiplier back to norma, should have been fine.....not.

Now every campaign save is doing it, even new campaigns? WTF is happening

soo...this only works for the player faction, or all factions (including CPU)???

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arun View Post
    soo...this only works for the player faction, or all factions (including CPU)???
    It works for all factions. (edit;not midgame but before starting a new GC that is)

Have fun!
    Last edited by MorganH.; February 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM.