Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2348636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: NTW Mod Recommendations & Queries

Previously there were several mods called Austrian Hats and there were 5 versions. Does anyone know how to find them? I have been searching the NTW forum and just can't seem to find them.

Sorry my hand slipped on the mouse twice thats why this same thing is posted twice. If I know how to delete this one I would. Sorry my mistake.
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; August 01, 2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Explain why posted twice by accident
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Hey folks, I've just started playing NTW and I'm very disapoointed by the utterly dumb BAI (I'm playing on the hardest difficulty). I'm considering giving NER a try, but are there perhaps any mods that chagne the AI behaviour so that it catually uses artillery pieces instead of just hauling them across the battlefield? I thought NTW was an improved version of ETW, but it clearly isn't the case, at least not in this regard. Oh, and I don't want to install any total conversions or major mods, as they change too many aspects of the game for my taste.

Also, is there a mod that gives finite ammo to cannons? As things go now, I can basically barrage the AI army from a mile away until it breaks and routs.

And finally, is there a mod that changes the fugly UI background colour? The encyclopedia, etc. texts are hard to read as it is because of to the small font size, but that crappy blue-ish background makes it even more troublesome to read anything.

Quote Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
    are there perhaps any mods that chagne the AI behaviour so that it catually uses artillery pieces instead of just hauling them across the battlefield? Also, is there a mod that gives finite ammo to cannons? As things go now, I can basically barrage the AI army from a mile away until it breaks and routs.
    There is an artillery mod in the download section and it does it well, tho forgot its name.
    I thought NTW was an improved version of ETW, but it clearly isn't the case, at least not in this regard.
    Same BAI was noticed in Attila, so ...

And finally, is there a mod that changes the fugly UI background colour? The encyclopedia, etc. texts are hard to read as it is because of to the small font size, but that crappy blue-ish background makes it even more troublesome to read anything.
    I am even more in trouble with the 40 units UI of the darthmod. Icons are so small I have to click a few times untill I can select them. And in the middle of the battle when quick reaction is needed it becomes uncontrollable. Tho the mod is good in generall, just that ...

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

You are aware that your reply isn't much help to me after all, aren't you?

I've tried looking for the artillery mod you mentioned, but no luck.

Try in the mod threads about artillery. It was damn good. Could not fire at an angle more than 30 grades from the starting position, through the horses as so far. Or try the one in my sig, range is reduced to around 500m.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the recommendation, although I do not seek to reduce the range or the firing zone of cannons; I want a mod that makes the AI actually use artillery in battles instead of making their crew stroll across the map, leaving all the hardware behind (I'm talking about mobile cannons here, not fixed ones).

Also, is there a mod that gives finite ammo to cannons? As things go now, I can basically barrage the AI army from a mile away until it breaks and routs.
    Hardcoded issue, no mods will be able to fix that unfortunately.
    Last edited by Mjarr; January 27, 2015 at 06:36 AM.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Well, that sucks. Is the ultra dumb AI also hardcoded? I seem to recall the AI actually using cannons against me before the latest E:TW patch... But now, not any more, it seems.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can some one rec me with unit mods that can work with NTW 3?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

R3DSHIFT try this to see what you are looking for. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-s-Campaign-AI

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Thanks, Bran, I'll give it a try. Will post you feedback when I have some time to properly test your mod.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Hi - is there a mod which improves the BAI but not much else and also makes the minor factions playable (e.g. Denmark, Saxony)? Thanks.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Hi, I am totaly new to the world of NTW mods and I would like to know whether there is some mod released which aims for the highest possible level of historical realism and accuracy. In general I am not interested in mainstream general gameplay improving mods like SS for M2TW or Darth mod for Empire but for total conversions trying to push all historical accuracy/realism, gameplay and unit visual authenticity to its limits (like Imperial Splendour, Europa Barbarorum 2, War of the West or RTR VII for example).

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Hi, I am totaly new to the world of NTW mods and I would like to know whether there is some mod released which aims for the highest possible level of historical realism and accuracy. In general I am not interested in mainstream general gameplay improving mods like SS for M2TW or Darth mod for Empire but for total conversions trying to push all historical accuracy/realism, gameplay and unit visual authenticity to its limits (like Imperial Splendour, Europa Barbarorum 2, War of the West or RTR VII for example).
    Accuracy is a matter of opinion, and there are still unanswered historical questions from that period but I would recommend you look at MOE, that's Masters of Europe. Steph is the lead modder on that. Also Prince of Essling (POE) is the most knowledgeable in this historical period. He has written extensively in the history area.

Enjoy
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Accuracy is a matter of opinion, and there are still unanswered historical questions from that period
    Yes, I agree accuracy is always discutable and something we are not really able to evaluate nowadays especially for earliesr history periods but in mod context I by accuracy consider reasonable historical allocation of settlemnts regions, their size, names and economic/military orientation and realsitic units based on historical records fighting in the proper style corresponding the given period.

I would recommend you look at MOE, that's Masters of Europe.
    Thanks for advice. I think I have seen the preview ot that mod some time ago and liked it.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Problem is we don't have proper tools to edit the campaign maps, and the engine is not very detailed when it comes to economic or diplomacy. We are limited in the mods we can do. The easiest is modding the units and uniforms.

Just got Napoleon on sale on steam, Napoleon doesnt really appeal to me but is there an Empire retrofit mod somewhere?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Retrofit? What do you want exactly?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Is there a mod somewhere that has better(or more detailed) medium setting unit skins than the bog standard ones?

Also looking for any mod that gives more historical accuracy.

(I am going under the assumption that there still are four different skins for the four different settings as there were in the orgional rome)
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!