Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2247626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Are there any mods that actually improve the Peninsula campaign?

Yeah the battles are the same old,
    but strategic considerations in and I actuallly enjoyed it

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Re: NTW Mod Recommendations & Queries

So guys, anyone have any idea which mod to recommend to the long time TW gamer but first time NTW player?? I would appreciate it very much.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Are there any good Russian unit packs out there other than the EB's Foreign Legions Mod?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

i would highly recormend the all in one mod. it features over 100 mods including loads of submods and unit packs.

It doesn't seem to have any Russian unit packs. I already have plenty of units for the French and the rest of the Coalition.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

An interesting gameplay features DarthMod, but only with Bran's settings.

Realism can be found in NER and Napoelonic 4.0

To have it all I suggest LME4.

Masters of Europe looks very promising

You can install multiple mods at the same time, if in the steam common folder you create additional copies of the game by changing the name of the root folder of the game, for example: Napoleon Total War, 111Napoleon Total War, 222Napoleon Total War. The same thing you do with a hidden folder in AppData for every mod.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon boneaparte View Post
    Are there any good Russian unit packs out there other than the EB's Foreign Legions Mod?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?580425-Russian-unit-packs-%28almost-200-units%29

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    So guys, anyone have any idea which mod to recommend to the long time TW gamer but first time NTW player?? I would appreciate it very much.
    I assume you're familiar with the gamepley in Empire TW, but if you aren't familiar with it then I suggest that you play this mod which allow you to build whatever you want instead of having only a few related buildings e.g resource buildings like a factory. Remember that mod shouldn't be used with Napoleon Total Combat since the mod is already included in NTC.

If you really want to get yourself familiar with NTW gameplay then play the tutorial and I did that when I played NTW for the first time, but after a while I got bored. Later I started to play the Peninsular campaign which was easier to understand how NTW really works.

The NTC mod is a nice addition to the Peninsular Campaign, so give it a try and I think you're gonna to love it.

The most popular mod except for DarthMod Napoleon that exist is probably HusserlTW's Napoleon Total Factions, which is compatible with both DMN and NTC, but not with both mods at the same time IIRC.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Unfortunately, that seems to be an entire overhaul than a single unit pack...

Yes, but the mod has been divided into parts, so you can take everything what interests you. I read your posts, so I know that you know how to use PFM in case of problems

STALKER!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Masters of Europe as a full Russian roster with new textures (including 3 periods for the uniforms). But it's mostly for custom battes, not really usable in campaign yet.

Does anyone here know a good alternative for Duffers' Render Mod? It's been a very, VERY long time since the last time played Napoleon. Trying to find the mod (it really helps for a low-end laptop), but unfortunately it's no longer here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I do not know if there is another version, but I found it and downloaded:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/n...mod/35899.html

Ah, you found the same file as well. I've downloaded it yesterday, but it doesn't look like it changed anything. Thanks for helping, though.
    Last edited by ActaNonVerba; May 31, 2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spelling

What key game mechanics separate this Total War game from Empire? Not sure if this was the place to ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hochmeistern View Post
    What key game mechanics separate this Total War game from Empire? Not sure if this was the place to ask this question.
    You cant form square when cavalry or infantry makes contact with your men. Also Guard Mode doesnt work (big surprise huh?). Thats all there is to it really

debux's Avatar Senator

Hello all, I was wondering if some of you could give me a good recommendation for a head-to-head MP campaign. I have the intention to play it with a friend, but no intention to play vanilla. Is there one that makes a good job by balancing gameplay, but without adding too many things to the core game? My main concerns are balance/historical accuracy and mod stability. I was thinking that NER could be a good alternative, but I could be misinformed.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    I was thinking that NER could be a good alternative, but I could be misinformed.
    NER is the best. It is stable as it doesn't change too much stuff and you won't find a better battle system in any of the other mods.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

won't find a better battle system in any of the other mods. Really?

I would like to see a Hungarian Empire mod. Derringer started one but he has been gone from the site for years it was never finished.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox