Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: "We want a campaign with Sweden"-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_54 View Post
    Lol what is sweden, like half their country size on the map? Seems pointless to me.
    LOL??!! LOL??!! What gives you the rights to LOL Sweden??? I explained my first post that if Sweden were playable, you would be able to rewrite history, and make Sweden a Major Power again.
    That's WHAT Sweden would be if I may tell you! Sweden might not be the best or biggest country now, but the fact is that Sweden could have been a great power in Europe, if the ruler of that time hadn't been such a bad politician and commander! Do you want me to LOL your country, eh??? I'm you, Maximus
    Last edited by Vasa121; February 26, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

Default Re: "We want a campaign with Sweden"-mod

I would love to do just that, Vasa121, but I would hate to do it with half the country cut off. Guess I will just have to wait for an 'extended europe map' mod

Default Re: unlock all factions mod

Napoleon effectively wiped out the knights of St. John on route to Egypt in 1797. He assaulted an captured the island for two reasons, one to hide from Nelson who was in he immediate area searching for his invasion fleet, and two to plunder the wealth of the knights so he could pay his army for the foreseeable invasion of egypt. However, the order as a whole was a shadow of itself by then anyways. As far as georgia is concerned...far as I know they should still be there. Don't recall reading anything that describes the fall of thier country during that time period.
    "These are the names of 100 of the most prominent Senators and friends of Brutus in Roma. We should kill them, all of them, before they learn what we are about"
    Gaius Octavius Ceasar

Aye, I'm sure with some time we'll be seeing this mod (or something similiar) released. Would be interesting and challenging to play as one of the smaller nations trying to stop Napoleons onslaught.

Indefinitely Banned

Georgia was Russian proectorate, but in ETW time frame it was in Ottoman control! ButCA made it as independent nation...
    In NTW Georgia isn't on map!

dutch musketeer's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ETW mods that work

my blood mod for empire works its a patch file.its extra blood or something i dont know anymore where i downloaded it. but it works on NTW.
    its not the sgt melins combine mod...
    'I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.' -Voltaire

Supporter of Toontotalwars : Continental,British,Hessian,Spanish & French Armies All-in-One Mod Packs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244468
    And
    The Great war mod(check this out)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...reat-War-(TGW)

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

Hello i have a question, Is possible to remove build cap for Elite units? So i can create them as manny as i want. Thanks.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by keminsky View Post
    tested sgt melins combine mod plus atmosferic battle sounds putting "patch_" at begining of the each pack, and game crashed in 15 minutes during battle..we might need more testing or at least a mod manager compatible with this version of the game
    Unfortunately, putting "patch_" at the beginning of the each filename doesn't convert it into a patch file.

You'll have to manually convert each mod pack into a patch pack using PFM.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

Yes i know that georgia was conquered by russian that time,and knights of st.john were destroyed,but i thought that CA kept those factions in game.

Laso,if napoleon fought with knights,then order should be there,because this game is about napoleon.
    Last edited by GeorgianTemplar; February 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM.

3 emergents that I found are Italy (not kingdom of italy, but a faction that has italy's modern flag), Hungary and Romania.
    I also think that Greece and Poland could be emergents, as well as Scotland and Ireland.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dutch musketeer View Post
    my blood mod for empire works its a patch file.its extra blood or something i dont know anymore where i downloaded it. but it works on NTW.
    its not the sgt melins combine mod...
    It works, yes, but it also makes the smoke clouds from rifle fire move at rapid speeds, which kind of destroys the mood. Anyway, it's a nice touch. A NTW compatible blood mod will be out soon enough ^^

obvious ones i am most anxious for:

1. a working "blood" mod

and

2. faction unlocks.

that should keep me pretty content until the more complex mods like Darth, and Imperial Splendour, start having their "Napoleon Editions" start popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by keminsky View Post
    tested sgt melins combine mod plus atmosferic battle sounds putting "patch_" at begining of the each pack, and game crashed in 15 minutes during battle..we might need more testing or at least a mod manager compatible with this version of the game

I've had no problem with a combinatin of Sgt Melins weapon sounds mixed with Diggy's excellent musket sound mod. The one that might cause problems is the Atmospheric sounds mod as some people found it to be unstable in ETW.

I could upload the Sgt Melins/Diggy mod for people to use but don't want to piss off the original authors.

Quote Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
    I've had no problem with a combinatin of Sgt Melins weapon sounds mixed with Diggy's excellent musket sound mod. The one that might cause problems is the Atmospheric sounds mod as some people found it to be unstable in ETW.

I could upload the Sgt Melins/Diggy mod for people to use but don't want to piss off the original authors.

I am using a modified version thats very stable. using it myself not had a problem since. The main cause from what I could find was that if you had multiple mods that changed sound it was unstable. As soon as I packed all my sound mods together into one file the crashing dropped dramatically.

My advise would be to pack all your sound mods into one file (for empire that is) and Atmospheric sound should be more stable. I did edit the mod and reduce the lengh of some of the scream so not sure if that helpped also as some of them were mega long! Longer than they needed to be imo.

I've already posted a full faction list in the main forum, including all emergents.

Anyway, it looks like someone in the main forum has unlocked some factions--but he had to lock some of the existing playable factions to get it to happen. This suggests to me that it's a UI issue: only 4 flags are selectable, so in order to unlock more, we're going to need to find a way to scroll between different flags like you could in ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    I've already posted a full faction list in the main forum, including all emergents.

Anyway, it looks like someone in the main forum has unlocked some factions--but he had to lock some of the existing playable factions to get it to happen. This suggests to me that it's a UI issue: only 4 flags are selectable, so in order to unlock more, we're going to need to find a way to scroll between different flags like you could in ETW.
    I dont give a damn about campaign factions,i only want them in custom battles,can it work?

Stryker's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post

I know NTW is its own game but the code must be somewhat similar to ETW, maybe they could check the codes and compare to find how to get more flags to display? I love NTW but I miss the old days when it was as easy as opening a single document file and copy and pasting the non-playable and unlockables under playable lol

GeorgianTemplar: To get them playable in custom battles, you'll need to edit factions_tables--one of the fields is a simple true/false that allows the faction to be selectible in custom battles. Sadly, factions_tables is one of the files that's been changed since ETW so our current tools can't read it yet. When they do, it'll be very easy.

Stryker: Somebody's already made a royal family mod, which means they've edited the UI. Hopefully this means that someone talented will be able to get more flags to display, too.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ensō Entanglements View Post
    obvious ones i am most anxious for:

1. a working "blood" mod

and

2. faction unlocks.

that should keep me pretty content until the more complex mods like Darth, and Imperial Splendour, start having their "Napoleon Editions" start popping up.
    I'm actually pretty satisfied with vanilla NTW. The only thing I've changed is the unit size, which I increased from meager 160 to 320. But then I discovered that NTW isn't quite as open ended as ETW, so I resized the units to 200 instead ^^

I also removed that ANNOYING camera shake >_< the entire battlefield was like an earthquake when you tried to zoom in on the action >_> stupid feature.

Other than that... yes... a blood mod is definately required xD nothing beats a red cloud when an artillery piece hits a perfect hit in a tightly packed unit

Other than that... yes... a blood mod is definately required xD nothing beats a red cloud when an artillery piece hits a perfect hit in a tightly packed unit
    Amen to that! too bad men don't get bloodied up over time like they did in MT2.