Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 265166676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: NTW Mod Recommendations & Queries

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You mean a vanilla campaign guide, or a MoE campaign guide?
    And for the flag, do you mean the flag hold by the standard bearer, or the kind of icon flag every unit has?
    I mean the vanilla flags. The ones being in the vanilla game. Also it seems to be a mistake on my part, since I haven't got MoE but Darth mod. But it's also supposed to add historical flags, which I don't even see because of the large vanilla ones. I'm also not sure, if the vanilla campaign is different from the Darth mod one, since I set the parameters in the launcher to European campaign. And the game starts with the backdrop of the mod.

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Is there any good mods that is simple to install and provides reasonable tweaks to gameplay?

EDIT:

Oh, and do you have a startpos mod that unlocks the minor factions?
    Last edited by Captain Orange; July 06, 2015 at 07:12 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

This is not very specific... I suppose every mod will claim to make reasonable tweaks,

Oh, sorry.

What I meant is a mod that is simple to install, and brings minimal but significant changes to the game.

Patrician Artifex

"minimal but significant?" Like something that changes little but changes a lot?

debux's Avatar Senator

I guess he means mostly "superficial" changes, that aren't as easy to see, but change the gameplay nonetheless. Kinda like a "quality of life" mod, that improves on essential things that don't seem right on the vanilla game, without overhauling much or adding scripts that bog down the game (or even instalation).

Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) should work out fine in that case. At least their mod for Empire was mostly stat changes and a few rebalances, but the game was pretty much the same. It's great for creating your own modded NTW experience, since you can pair it up with other partial conversion mods (graphic enhancements, sounds or music, etc.) without fear of bugging up your game (too much).
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Do you guys have a startpos mod that allows all factions playable?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I'm looking for two mods:

The first is the never ending campaign, because the spanish are getting it once I've kicked the french out of their contry.

and the Unit organisation mod that made the units run round in companies rather than in a big mob?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable with the major mods out there would issue an objective recommendation on which mod is the most proper one to start an Multiplayer community like I did for Rome 1 mod Europa Barbarorum

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...DYig5nPTqMlGaw

Im mostly interested in these mods:

DarthMod, Le Montee de l'Empire, Masters of Europe, Napoleonic Total war III

Im not interested in campaing features which is obviously but in size, diversity and historical accuracy of the faction rosters.

So which mod is the best at this chapter?
    Last edited by Kranos; August 04, 2015 at 02:56 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Masters of Europe is probably the most historically accurate and divers mod for faction rosters. However, it was focused for a long time on single player battles, moved recently to campaign, and as not yet been extensively tested for multiplayer/ Maybe an opportunity to do it?

I saw your very nive previews but I suppose they are not already in the mod so Ill ahve to wait to be completed. In the curent status of the mod is this comparable to Napoleonic total war III in terms on number of unique units per faction?

Patrician Artifex

All the previews are already available in game after I released the Netherlands update end July. Missing factions are only Ottomans/Greece/Romania (but I have not previewed any of them yet).

This page gives the detailed rosters (icons + name of units) for every faction currently in MoE.

I'm not sure if NTWIII proposes the same type of factions information.
    Last edited by Steph; August 09, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

very impressive. I wonder if ther is a simple way to uninstal this mod if I want to test the others as well.

Patrician Artifex

All the pack files start with MoE_ something. Delete all of them (or just move them to another folder). And edit the user script to remove the lines.
    Masters of Europe does not replace anything, so it is easy to remove.

Double A's Avatar person man

Soooo have any modders figured out how to break the game open and change the map yet?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Patrician Artifex

no

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Are there any mods that allow you to use peninsula campaign units in custom battle, or minor factions in custom battle? I saw Heartbraker's but there is no download link at the moment.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Patrician Artifex

That's easy to do yourself with PFM if you want. adding minor faction to custom battle is just one value to change from false to true in a table.
    For custom units, it could be simple if you just activate the peninsula factions for custom battles (but you'd have two France for example)

which mod would be the most realistic? i narrowed the mods I like to LME and EIC, which do you guys prefer, and why? which is "bigger" in the sense that it's more polished? something like IS for empire

Patrician Artifex

How do you define realistic? If you are speaking about historical accuracy, I think the best in MoE (correct uniform and roster for every faction).