Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28536869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: NTW Mod Recommendations & Queries

The problem is not the position of the army... it's the starting date. The campaign should start in September 1805, not January.

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The problem is not the position of the army... it's the starting date. The campaign should start in September 1805, not January.

Not entirely true. I think the campaign (against Austria/Russia) should probably start the end of August 1805 when Napoleon had moved the Grande Armee from the Bologne Camps to the Rhine/Strasbourg area in response to Austria's moves into Southern Germany. I think he had the Most of his units here with the Exception of a force of 30,000 men he left behind with General Brune to protect against the British threat?

Patrician Artifex

I think first week of September or last week of August should work better to match the army set up, and diplomatic relations, at the beginning of the campaign in the game. This is however not perfect. For example, the British/Russian army in Naples is not represented at all.

Don't forget it's a game, not a precise historical simulation. There are many flaws:
    - Starting date is off compared to army/diplomacy
    - The army are "gamey" not historical. Few units compared to the actual size of the army. some armies are missing. Some units are missing (example no cuirassiers), some are there and should not (example: lancers in the French army in 1805).

We can correct a few things, like the starting date, or starting units (replace lancers by chasseur ŕ cheval for example, or add cuirassier). We could also expand a little the starting armies.

I think these changes are relatively safe.

Doing the opposite (keeping January as starting date, but change the army position and diplomatic relation to match it) would be harder and longer to do, with more risks to break the game.

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Hi. I'm wondering if there is a mod that dosn't make the details on the french shako hats dissapear when zooming in on the units. Thx

Patrician Artifex

When zooming in? Not out? I think the détails are always visible when you are close, and disappear when you move far.

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    When zooming in? Not out? I think the détails are always visible when you are close, and disappear when you move far.
    Yes that's correct to a certain degree. When you zoom in on the unit, the first rank and possibly the second show hat details but not the third rank. Moreover units with different emblem on their shako is visible at all times. Therefore it bothers me alot.

Patrician Artifex

Not exactly, it's not the third rank lose details when you zoom. It's just that the engine uses several level of details. The 3rd rank is already too far to see them.

I changed that in Masters of Europe, you can see details from a longer distance. But it has a small performance effect.
    Last edited by Steph; August 04, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

Is there any battle AI mod for NTW that makes the AI form a straight battle line? Preferably something compatible with the NTW3 mod? I tried Bran battle Ai but in one test battle the AI still just forms clumps and meanders sideways across the battlefield. Anything at all that improves this even a little? I'm giving NTW a second go after years of ignoring it - NTW3 mod and The Great War look great, but it breaks my heart to see Napoleonic troops that can't advance in a straight line.

Patrician Artifex

You know that AI is actually not really modable? You can get some formation mod to have new formation (ie relative position of the different units), you can try to adjust speed, distance between soldiers, etc to improve the behaviour of your units a little.
    But the game logic for the actual movement of units is not moddable.

Hello I have a question is there a like a good general mod. That features all the Generals from the Napoelonic era. Like I wish to play as spain and play as Palafox (He was a spanish general defending zaragoza)
    It would be cool if someone made a General mod!

Patrician Artifex

I have included a lot of generals in Masters of Europe

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Procopius- NTW3 is broken-If you want better line cohesion use Darthmod with Bran settings.

Default Good mods for Napoleon?

What are some good overhauls for the game? I'm looking for something that adds onto the Napoleonic era rather than changing it.

Default Re: Good mods for Napoleon?

I play three main ones:

Napoleonic Total War 3:
    Getting an update soon, but the campaign is basically complete. The battles are very slow paced, making this the least vanilla like of the three.

La Monte de el Empire:
    Of the three, this is the most like vanilla. Lots of different campaigns and new units, but these are changes I like.

Masters of Europe:
    Again, many new units. Entire rosters are overhauled, rather than built upon like LME4.

I think you'd want LME, since that changes the least.

Default Best Blood and Smoke mods?

I would like to know what is the best BLOOD and SMOKE mod (mods). It may be one or two separate mods.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Best Blood and Smoke mods?

For smoke, Whiff of Sulphur is nice, and as several versions for different density of smoke.

I used it as inspiration for Masters of Europe, tweaking it a little.

The original version may be more reallistic, but the smoke stayed too long IMO, and after some time in the battle you cannot see anything... May be reallistic, but I don't want to spend hours making new uniforms, if they are hidden in the smoke after 3 minutes battle! So I change the smoke to make it dissipate a little faster.

Modding is compromise

Can you load the mod Whiff of Sulphur (or your improved version) for example, to google drive and give me the link because the original have long been dead.

Patrician Artifex

I think it's in this pack from Masters of Europe.

http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/NTW/...2016-01-10.zip

If not, it's in the main pack

http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/NTW/...2016-08-15.zip

Thank you so much

Default What is the best Mod for Sea Battles? ( ETW /NTW )

HEllo, all. I like the LME Mod for Napoleon TW. But my question is:

What is the Best mod to play Sea Battles ? I Like the Very beauty Ships and the Combat and Sinking Animations in NTW.

My question is for Empire and Napoleon TW.

Thanks for Help.

Have Prussia Special Buidable Ships or Historical Ships ( Adler from Lübeck )?