Thread: Wargamer.Com Review by Col. Bill Grey

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Default Wargamer.Com Review by Col. Bill Grey

Rotaugen2009's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Wargamer.Com Review by Col. Bill Grey

This was a very well written review, and now I feel like I have a good picture of what the game will be like when I pick it up tomorrow. This objective review showed me the highs and lows, convincing me that overall it is worth it.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Pedro!

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

An excellent review...objective (even if I don't agree with all of it)...and thoughtful. Not like the amateurish fanboy crap here in the forums. While I expected this reviewer to address the olympic movement speed of the units in battle, he provides historical insights that I had not considered (i.e. the light infantry element of the review).

That is indeed very interesting that the units of armies act somewhat historically. Makes it much more believable.
    I like as well how you can nations by grouping together a number of small nations, like unifying Italy for example.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

He gave it a solid B so in my eyes that's a good thing. There's still one or two things ca need to tweak. But In all honesty I would definitely say its wort the buy. My faith in ca releasing soled product after the disaster that was empire total war has somewhat been restored. I'll see ye all in a drop in battle some day. Thank you for the link Marcus. Here's some rep for ya not that you need it or anything .

Eh, I havn't had the ai army do anything quite so stupid as he had happen to his. What if they acted like they did on my first few battles, wonder what the score would have been then? Oh well. Great review.

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

This guys reports are 100% reliable with this kind of game. Hes very well respected for obvious reasons.

He represents a newer type of player out there, the Napoleonic history buff, who will be casting a critical eye at the historical element of the game, which is to be expected.

It sounds like a "B" is fair. I will have to wait till next week when my game arrives in Japan, then I will rate it myself!