Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Have you made a modfile or did you change the unitsize in the preferences.script?

i changed 'em in the preferences.script

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

You have got 2 possibilities....change the value campaign_unit_multiplier to the vanilla-value

or

delete this file and right-click on the game in steam, open properties, go to the "Local Files" tab and click on "Verify game cache". Then follow the screen instructions and wait until steam re-downloads the file

Indefinitely Banned

Why should I have larger units again ?

thanns.i'll try.

guys is there any possible way to do this or something like it for medieval 2 TW or Rome TW? I would love to have a full sized roman legion at my command

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by laxaddict992 View Post
    guys is there any possible way to do this or something like it for medieval 2 TW or Rome TW? I would love to have a full sized roman legion at my command
    Unfortunately no. In RTW units were 'harcapped' at 240. I'm not sure what the hardcap was in MTWII, to be honest, but it was a similar number as well.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Icebear77, this is great, but links seem to be broken. If it is not much to ask, could you re-upload those again?

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear77 View Post
    If you dont want to change the preference-script-file, use these files in this thread

Installation:

- Download das File von FileUpload
    - Das File in den Data-Ordner verschieben

Installation:
    - Download the file from FileUpload
    - Copy this file into your Data-Folder

Zu beachten:
    - MP ist mit dem File nicht kompatibel. Um wieder MP-Kompatibel zu sein, die Datei einfach wieder aus dem Data-Ordner raus verschieben
    - Es muss keine user.script erstellt werden, da dies keine "mod"-Files sind
    - Armeen, die am Start bereits vorhanden sind, sind noch nicht editiert, sprich haben noch die alte Einheitenstärke (wird zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt editiert)

Important:
    - MP is not compatibel with this file. If you would like to play MP, remove this file from your Data-Folder.
    - No user.script is needed because its not a mod-file
    - Be aware, armies at the start are not modded yet, but all new recruitable units.

Artillerie x1,5 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x1,5 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/570387

Artillerie x2 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x2 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/10737

Einheitengröße angepasst, ohne Änderung der Artillerie / Unit-size edited, but artillery has not been edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/199629

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x1,5 (-5 Treffgenauigkeit) / Unit-size edited, artillery x1,5 (-5 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/147489

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x2 (-10 Treffgenauigkeit) / Unit-size edited, artillery x2 (-10 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/859942

Have fun!!

Ice

Thanks to: James Cook for testing and his feedback (file: Units edited, but artillery has not been edited)

Note: All other files are not tested yet but iam shure, they will work / Unit-size hat been edited as they were +/- in DMUC-Mod

Note2: If you will be updated, visit this link: http://www.nexusboard.net/showthread...age=1&#pid2435

nevermind ... solved
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; May 28, 2010 at 02:58 PM.

woto's Avatar Tiro

how do i change the size for only one unit ? (i want to make grenadiers bigger, cause it aint fair that i cant make an army of grenadiers cause the are smaller then line, but better
    'woto expects that all members of twcenter will do their duty'
    woto; when posting this thread/reply!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

how do i change the size for only one unit ? (i want to make grenadiers bigger, cause it aint fair that i cant make an army of grenadiers cause the are smaller then line, but better
    Look in my Attachment...but the result will be that, if you are playing a campaign, the Grenadiers which were there before the adjustment, will have their old unit size... only the new recrutited ones will have the modded size .

woto's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Look in my Attachment...but the result will be that, if you are playing a campaign, the Grenadiers which were there before the adjustment, will have their old unit size... only the new recrutited ones will have the modded size .
    thanks, dude
    finnally no more stupi line infantry
    'woto expects that all members of twcenter will do their duty'
    woto; when posting this thread/reply!

klesh's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Look in my Attachment...

OMG, thats awesome, I love the numbered steps too! lol. +rep!
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

is there a way to get bigger cannon units? since i use 1.25 wich gives me 200 men in line and whit only 4 cannons its kinda of hard to make alot of damage sure u get alot of kills not but enough to hold them eaven whit Canister 6 or 8 cannons pet unit would be much nicer =P

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Yes I have read through this thread and despite people talking about increasing the cannon size noone has explained how they did it.

Evan

I'd also like to ask whether one can increase the thickness of the rank when units are in square formation - squares are huge.

Evan

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

they where huge no idea of making many men deep since the idea was for no horse to get by the first men

EDIT: Delete this post
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 26, 2010 at 02:40 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Tutorial Purpose: Larger Unit Sizes.

Okay, I've been asked how to do this a couple of times, and in the face of such great modders residing here at TWC, I actually feel a little funny posting something this simple, but here it goes.

To make units larger in NTW you will need to open a file called preferences.script. You don't need any tools for this, just Notepad or something equiviliant.

1) The file can be found at {Your Computer's Name}/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts
    No, I don't know the XP equivilant

Please note that AppData is set as a hidden folder. So you may need to make hidden files viewable, which can be done through Folder Options in the Control Panel. The Preferences file may also be set to 'Read Only,' if so you will have to change this.

2) Open preferences.script with notepad, and then look for a line entitled campaign_unit_multiplier

Unedited, the line should read, I believe,

campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #

Now, change the '1' to 2.5, and you will get units that are 2.5 times larger. So a 160 man unit is now a 400 man unit.

However, if things are the same as ETW, which I believe they are but I haven't tested it, all numbers up to 4 work except for 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, and 2. Alsoartillery batteries will remain with only 4 guns of strength. This only effects the number of 'bodies' in a unit.

3) You will next need to change a line entitled gfx_unit_scale

Make sure your line looks like this,

gfx_unit_scale 3; # gfx_unit_scale <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #

What this does is set the scale of units when your unit scale is set on 'Ultra.'

That's it, enjoy your larger battles.

NOTE:

If your unit numbers reset, Hazbones put it very nicely,

PS,

I am not responsible for any lag this may result in, nor in the possible frying of your graphics card. *note of obvious sarcasm*

And while we're at it, wy not post some screens of what real battles should look like? Got an impressive battle with the new numbers? Please post it!
    Hey guys,
    I am triying to do the same with my units except i play Rome Total War, any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am triying to do the same with my units except i play Rome Total War, any ideas
    You can't do it in RTW because it's hard coded at 240 men in a unit

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast