Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by apecallum View Post
    So how would I go about doing that? Are there any mods released that increase unit size?
    If you want larger units in MP, I suggest using my mod, as I increase units and artillery across the board, m mod is Total Combat
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quick problem Thoragoros. Downloaded your mod and I love it. My only problem is 400 men is a little too much for me. Hard to control can't occupy buildings properly etc. Medium settings are almost perfect for me except for a few nagging issues. Navy's cut down in half, general body guard absolutely worthless when its 12 vs 75, art only have 4 guns etc. I tried this tutorial which I did get working when the values for the campaign_unit_multiplier is above one but below, in my case 0.5, the game simply reverts back to medium settings kinda defeating the whole point of it. Am I doing something wrong or is there more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerontheloose View Post
    Quick problem Thoragoros. Downloaded your mod and I love it. My only problem is 400 men is a little too much for me. Hard to control can't occupy buildings properly etc. Medium settings are almost perfect for me except for a few nagging issues. Navy's cut down in half, general body guard absolutely worthless when its 12 vs 75, art only have 4 guns etc. I tried this tutorial which I did get working when the values for the campaign_unit_multiplier is above one but below, in my case 0.5, the game simply reverts back to medium settings kinda defeating the whole point of it. Am I doing something wrong or is there more to it?
    Trying to edit the preferences.script for use with Total Combat will produce some weird results.

As to the bodyguard, yes, I will be 'fixing' it. It seems I overlooked uping the size of the bodyguard with the mod.

As for the cannons, yes, they scale with the unit scale. There really is nothing I can do about that.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

hello, i do the tutorial for change the scale
    . but when a come back to NTW . the scale didn't change.. if i control the script txt. my change is ok.help please.

my way is. open ntw. change the unit scale to Ultra. go to windows XP. find script .txt. change the script to 2 or 1,5...many option do , save and property. after this . go to NTW . go to coalition campaign choise Austria. when the campaign open the scale is 160 unit max. the same problem with battle only.

ive set 2 as the multiplier in preferences.script.txt seems ideal size (to me)

campaign_unit_multiplier 2; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #
    Viva la France
    q9550|quad core enabled with CPU Control 2.1|GTX 480|6GB DDR2|Vista HP 64bit|BenQG2420

what does step 3 do? I've used bigger units via the first steps you mentioned, but i didn't know about step three. I'm just starting to get grip on this modding thing

Indefinitely Banned

hi.

ive the same problem as romulus

i followed all the instructions: when i choose the value 2 (campaign multiplier) evrything works. i tested 1,1; 1,25; 1,5 values but its not working . is it normal?

Quote Originally Posted by OLIVIER View Post
    hi.

ive the same problem as romulus

i followed all the instructions: when i choose the value 2 (campaign multiplier) evrything works. i tested 1,1; 1,25; 1,5 values but its not working . is it normal?
    Some values will not work. It really is process of guesswork and elimination to see which values work and which values do not work.

The Line of Thor

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Some values will not work. It really is process of guesswork and elimination to see which values work and which values do not work.
    ah ok thanks

What computers are you guys running for this to work??? I have it on 2.5 and My GPU (5870) and my eyefinity is working fine, but m CPU shoots up to 100% load and all of the units lag like HELL. It isn't the GPU, it's the CPU. Just wondering what systems you are all running for this to work...

BTW: CPU = AMD x3 720 BE @ 3.7 GHz

Quote Originally Posted by zezimasslave View Post
    What computers are you guys running for this to work??? I have it on 2.5 and My GPU (5870) and my eyefinity is working fine, but m CPU shoots up to 100% load and all of the units lag like HELL. It isn't the GPU, it's the CPU. Just wondering what systems you are all running for this to work...

BTW: CPU = AMD x3 720 BE @ 3.7 GHz
    Well, I guess I'll go first on this one since I wrote the tut.

I am running on,

Nvidia GTS 250 at 1 gig.
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 at 2.4GH
    4 gigs of ram,

To be honest, I run this game with almost everyone on max, from shadows and buildings to units. CA did a seriously GREAT job on optimization, as someone with my system should 'not' be able to run this game this massive almost entirely on max with more than twice the numbers the devs had intended.

For all CA's flaws, graphics and graphics optimization is one of their strong points.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM.

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Well, I guess I'll go first on this one since I wrote the tut.

I am running on,

Nvidia GTS 250 at 1 gig.
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 at 2.4GH
    4 gigs of ram,

To be honest, I run this game with almost everyone on max, from shadows and buildings to units. CA did a seriously GREAT job on optimization, as someone with my system should 'not' be able to run this game this massive almost entirely on max with more than twice the numbers the devs had intended.

For all CA's flaws, graphics and graphics optimization is one of their strong points.
    Hmm... How can you possibly run this while I can't? No offense or anything, but everything I have is what's the word...... more expensive (I tried.) while mine runs a lot worse than yours....

Wierd thing is I'm 99% sure it's my cpu, it shoots up to 100% immediately in a battle and the lag starts, but I keep 60+ fps and ram never goes above 50%...

What OS you on? Also what RES?

Hmm... How can you possibly run this while I can't? No offense or anything, but everything I have is what's the word...... more expensive (I tried.) while mine runs a lot worse than yours....

Wierd thing is I'm 99% sure it's my cpu, it shoots up to 100% immediately in a battle and the lag starts, but I keep 60+ fps and ram never goes above 50%...

What OS you on? Also what RES?
    I run on Windows Vista, 64-Bit. I play with resolution at 1280x1024.

The Line of Thor

And you did NOTHING to adjust the process affinity / priority / threads? WTF?

And you did NOTHING to adjust the process affinity / priority / threads? WTF?
    Is that like overclocking? No, I don't overclock my computer components.

In you GPU settings, are you telling your GPU to allow the PROGRAM to set the graphics? If you are telling the GPU to set the graphics that could cause slowdowns.

The Line of Thor

I have read all the posts and thought I had made all the changes needed but I cannot get my larger infantry units to form square or drag them out into a 2 or 3 deep line until they have lost some men.

I currently have it set at 560 men in a Line Infantry unit as I think this is getting close to the size of a Napoleonic battalion (plus my PC can't seem to handle any more with deceint FR).

Sorry if I am being dumb here, but can anyone help me out?

Thanks

LN

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I have read all the posts and thought I had made all the changes needed but I cannot get my larger infantry units to form square or drag them out into a 2 or 3 deep line until they have lost some men.

I currently have it set at 560 men in a Line Infantry unit as I think this is getting close to the size of a Napoleonic battalion (plus my PC can't seem to handle any more with deceint FR).

Sorry if I am being dumb here, but can anyone help me out?

Thanks

LN
    Units larger than 300 or 400 men will not be able to form 3-4 ranks deep without unit_stats changes. It is a vanilla issue.

As for the square, Total Combat features Russian units of 500 men and they can form square. Perhaps 550 or so is the break off for squares?

The Line of Thor

Libertus

Thanks, I have looking for this.

Thoragoros,I changed the unit size but now i cannot play multyplayer animore,'cause the game version has changed.what can I do?

i changed the size of the army and now i can't play in multiplayer anymore,cause the game variant has changed.help pls

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast