Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft General Discussion

Default Re: Minecraft

JUst wondering, i made a boat, but i have no idea on how me operate it. And the world im in IS PERFECTION!!Nice BIG lake, with natural islands to make an archipelago fort. GIDDY!

p.s, howd you make glass???
    Last edited by The Guy With No Imagination; July 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM.

You get in boats like you get in minecarts - right click on them. Be careful not to touch any solid block, or it will crash into pieces.

Glass is made by smelting sand in a furnace.

The boat is a god send. Allowed me to sail off the map and generate new lands. I built a tower on a cliff overlooking the sea, and dug a new mineshaft to the bottom of the earth. I was hoping to find a dungeon, but no luck. I did, however, find my first load of redstone, which I now have loads of.

At the base I have built an additional outflow of the factory's water tower. It now pours out a stream of water which is collected into a cistern that runs underneath the floor outside the factory and over the minecart tracks that lead down to the mines. It pours out in an empty area where it will be used for a green house.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    The boat is a god send. Allowed me to sail off the map and generate new lands. I built a tower on a cliff overlooking the sea, and dug a new mineshaft to the bottom of the earth. I was hoping to find a dungeon, but no luck. I did, however, find my first load of redstone, which I now have loads of.

At the base I have built an additional outflow of the factory's water tower. It now pours out a stream of water which is collected into a cistern that runs underneath the floor outside the factory and over the minecart tracks that lead down to the mines. It pours out in an empty area where it will be used for a green house.
    On my end, I have finished creating the basic four walls of my grand hall by digging out the side of a mountain, and I have added two large pillars to support the roof.

Took me forever, it did. I'll post pictures later.

Devilmaypoop's Avatar Ordinarius

My first proper building

I digged a huge mining network under my tower, then i dug an underwater tunnel all the way over the ocean.
    Takes a while to walk it...

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Work on the Grand Cathedral has commenced!

This is going to take an awful lot of materials...

Moderator Emeritus

Get to work, men! No pain, no gain! True pride comes from having invested your blood, sweat, and tears into a building!

Im just happywith my little log and glass cabin in the middle of the biggest-river-that-leads-to-ocean-sort-of-river EVAR!! but soon, the foundations of a MASSIVE Byzanto-Atlantean fortress shall soon be laid.....MUAHAHAHAH!

i wish i had the patience required to build awesome like you guys do.

Not having played this game for a while I'm really enjoying the "new" alpha version. My favourite part of it so far are probably the wooden stair blocks, which I've mainly used as tiles for smooth sloped roofs... yeah.

Has anyone actually used any of the redstuff that's around to find already? It seems it can be used to make electric circuits of sorts, something I'm not particularly interested in mucking about with myself. Though pictures of some of those creations could be interesting...

Here are two pics of me pretending sheep wool blocks are actually marble and using those to dress up the mansion I'm currently building:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Moreover, whenever fluorescent square motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with the drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Holy ___

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

I found a huge Cavern, ive been hearing all sorts of zombie/creeper/spider sounds, and im not sure whether i should go in, or not. And quit frankly, im shi ting bricks here, since its DEEP down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Shu Ra View Post
    Not having played this game for a while I'm really enjoying the "new" alpha version. My favourite part of it so far are probably the wooden stair blocks, which I've mainly used as tiles for smooth sloped roofs... yeah.

Has anyone actually used any of the redstuff that's around to find already? It seems it can be used to make electric circuits of sorts, something I'm not particularly interested in mucking about with myself. Though pictures of some of those creations could be interesting...

Here are two pics of me pretending sheep wool blocks are actually marble and using those to dress up the mansion I'm currently building:

That's amazing stuff, what are you using for the wooden roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaio View Post
    i wish i had the patience required to build awesome like you guys do.
    Well I bet you beat the socks off me at Dwarf Fortress.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    I found a huge Cavern, ive been hearing all sorts of zombie/creeper/spider sounds, and im not sure whether i should go in, or not. And quit frankly, im shi ting bricks here, since its DEEP down.
    Do you have a sword and armor? If so, go deep, deep into the Mines of Moria, and do battle!

Some music for you to play while you do it:

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    That's amazing stuff, what are you using for the wooden roof?
    stairs
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Moderator Emeritus

Finally, I can show you all the fruits of my labors. This little project of mine took me at least 10 hours to complete, and easily countless Minecraft days and nights to finish, since I had to excavate the entire freaking mountain before I even got around to doing anything.

So there I was, hacking and whacking and hacking and whacking away at dirt and stone. When I finally finished, I started building my great hall.

I was at a loss as to what on earth I should dedicate my great hall to, until I realized that the perfect thing for me would be to dedicate my hall as a shrine to the White Tree of Minas Tirith.

View from the outside, still not sure what to do here though:

View as soon as you open the door:

Here is the floor design. This is naturally lighted by the sun during the day, no need to use torches or anything:

The only other entrance into my shrine is a tunnel that just goes on forever until it ends up in an open valley, populated by pigs and sheep:

Here is another view of the shrine proper, just closer up for detail. I like my skylight. It's simple, but effective:

And lastly, here is the actual emblem of the White Tree of Minas Tirith. Unfortunately, I was limited via space of the hall itself, and the fact that everything is in block format, but I think I get the idea across:

I hope you all enjoy looking at these pictures as I did making it. Took me at least ten hours to make, but by god, those were ten hours of love and joy invested into building this place.

God, this game is great.

The music I listened to while I built the place:

Last edited by Thanatos; July 18, 2010 at 02:34 AM.

Devilmaypoop's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow.. Just.. Incredible

Awesome Thanatos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    stairs
    Aha of course, quite annoyed I didn't think of it.

Thanatos that's amazing stuff, really imaginative, well applied.

I wish you could make "normal" stone stairs, not just cobblestone and wood.