Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 247499114115116117118119120121122123124
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2470

Thread: Minecraft General Discussion

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Minecraft General Discussion

It really is a great resource pack. Very atmospheric.

I generally use whatever is just the latest version. Kinda annoys me if whatever pack I'm using has random vanilla textures.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces
    It really is a great resource pack. Very atmospheric.
    Seconded.
    Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces
    I generally use whatever is just the latest version. Kinda annoys me if whatever pack I'm using has random vanilla textures.
    Yeah, that doesn't look very professional. Speaking of which this John guy is clearly a professional graphic designer, the quality is absolutely top-notch. The overall look of the game makes me want to play single player survival again.
    Here's a crappy low-quality Tinypic-hosted (because ImageShack recently decided to go premium and I'm not paying to them to gain access to my account, damn greedy buffoons) screenshot of my WIP castle just in case someone is interested. It doesn't show the whole castle, naturally, but should give you a decent idea as for how the overall look is.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have placed these vines all around the castle walls on the inside (forgot the outside) but I'm not sure if I'm liking them so some of them might be removed. I guess I'll need to build something inside the walls first to decide. And actually, this will not be the whole castle if I ever get to the point to further execute my plans, this is just kind of the inner castle that will have a sort of noble mansion within it I guess. See, I can't even describe it myself. The road you see in the picture ascends into a valley where I'm going to build all kinds of buildings such like farms and houses and watchtowers and the outer castle walls and what not (again if I ever have the patience to keep this project up that far - I suck at that at times, and I've not completed a single non-tiny Minecraft project during the half a year I've been playing it).

TL;DR: I have no idea what I'm doing but I like it so far. It will become a castle eventually, I think. And just look at that beautiful castle gateway.

PS. I was only going to post that one screenshot but I guess an aerial view might be nice too, so I'll upload one in a second... There we go!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you're reading this, then you are reading this. Thanks for having the patience.
    Last edited by Goofy; August 21, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    I would like to point out that the above message is not spam, and Minecraft Center is in some way loosely affiliated to this site... so please leave it there, mods <3
    I own both sites, and I think all the moderators know it. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I own both sites, and I think all the moderators know it. No worries.
    Hey man, we need another modded server

I don't like the smooth stone in JS... It just isn't... Smooth

(I know theres a customiser, but its inconvinient)

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89
    I don't like the smooth stone in JS... It just isn't... Smooth
    What do you mean by "smooth stone"?

Also, you're welcome to suggest other resource packs you feel are better. I'm eager to try some other really cool packs out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat89
    (I know theres a customiser, but its inconvinient)
    How does that exactly work? I was too lazy to check it out.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The processed stone...

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    What do you mean by "smooth stone"?

Also, you're welcome to suggest other resource packs you feel are better. I'm eager to try some other really cool packs out.

How does that exactly work? I was too lazy to check it out.
    Faithful 32x is nice, particularly if there are mod textures which haven't yet been done, it makes them a little less obvious while still overall looking good.

Soartex has this cartoony photorealism that I really really love. That's all I really have to say about it. I use it more than any other texture pack because its just really pretty. Cartoony photorealism fo' real. Seriously, just look at the way bark looks.

Sphax at high resolutions is pretty good, but I feel like more than the others you really need to have max smooth lighting on. The mod texture dept is a little hit and miss. A lot of different people working on different textures. I remember in particular in 1.4.7, that like, the cherry wood planks and slabs were COMPLETELY different colors. That really stuck out to me. I haven't used them in a while though, not least because my computer really chugs at 128x. Its probable the situation is better now, which is great because they really are some of the most distinctive and unique textures out there. I remember not that long ago they really pissed mojang off trying to petition them on twitter to get sphax packaged with console or pocket edition.

Summerfields is pretty, as well, but I don't use it that often for whatever reason, probably just that it has fewer mod textures done AFAIK.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Thanks for the tips, I'll need to try those out. Sorry for the late response.