Thread: Osprey series Napoleon at war

Default Osprey series Napoleon at war

I am surprised no one has mentioned this series before
    It featured a metal models and a booklet with colour drawings of uniforms & info, got it myself and was a cool series
    Although I expect the fanatics will sneer at it

Default Re: Osprey series Napoleon at war

Quote Originally Posted by General Nuisance esq View Post
    I am surprised no one has mentioned this series before
    It featured a metal models and a booklet with colour drawings of uniforms & info, got it myself and was a cool series
    Although I expect the fanatics will sneer at it
    I'm not sure of the book yr talking about (with metal models etc) but the Osprey series of books are one of the best sources around for uniforms 'imo' and I have many of them waiting to be used for skinning

Sorry I should have been clearer

It was a weekly/fortnightly series issued by Del Prado it featured a painted metal model of a napoleonic soldier and a lovely booklet
    The booklet featured a colour picture of a unit on the front and 4 colour plates inside of different ranks units etc as well as detailed information on the units

For example amongst the 66 different booklets I have (not the full series) there is one on the portugese army with pictures of rifleman 3rd Cazadores (1812), fusilier legion of light troops, fusilier loyal lusitanian legion,soldier,officer,private 3rd cazadores.
    officer, trumpeter, trooper various cavalry
    officer royal corp of engineers, private company of artificers, officer royal arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by General Nuisance esq View Post
    Sorry I should have been clearer

It was a weekly/fortnightly series issued by Del Prado it featured a painted metal model of a napoleonic soldier and a lovely booklet
    The booklet featured a colour picture of a unit on the front and 4 colour plates inside of different ranks units etc as well as detailed information on the units

For example amongst the 66 different booklets I have (not the full series) there is one on the portugese army with pictures of rifleman 3rd Cazadores (1812), fusilier legion of light troops, fusilier loyal lusitanian legion,soldier,officer,private 3rd cazadores.
    officer, trumpeter, trooper various cavalry
    officer royal corp of engineers, private company of artificers, officer royal arsenal
    Sounds good, you'll have to put some pictures up mate

http://www.delpradousa.com/delPrado_series_2_about.html

Edited to add: the figures seem to be based on the Osprey plates in the corresponding books, so the figures would be correct as long as the author/illustrator is.
    Last edited by VonEwald; February 25, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

I remember those!!

I still have a few British, Austrian and French models around.

I also had their other series which had WW1/2 figures, cause I have a US airborne and a British Tommy model aswell.

I still have all the booklets. It was a great series.