Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Napoleon Vs. Empire

Default Re: Napoleon Vs. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Napoleon was developed and released during a time when CA should have been focusing all its energy on repairing and upgrading Empire

That sums all the mistakes made by CA on Empire Total War

Personally, i'm surprised CA didn't ditched Rome 2 for something else already... especially considering their behavior with ETW and NTW...

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Personally, i'm surprised CA didn't ditched Rome 2 for something else already... especially considering their behavior with ETW and NTW...
    Let's hope they understood their mistakes
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Let's hope
    Hope is all we have.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I certainly think that Napoleon was the better game and I even enjoyed it more. But Napoleon needed a bigger map, not just Europe and the fact that it was just Europe I think really hurt this game. If it had included at least the Mediterranean basin (or even India and the Americas) then this would have probably been considered the best game yet.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

MiG-23Flogger's Avatar Foederatus

I want NTW map to expand and include the Americas(Google war of 1812 between Britain and US) and to include India just like what ETW map did we can also have this event http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Personally I think it is a tie.

Empire Total War:
    Has a larger campaign scope.
    Has more number of factions.
    Has more variety of units due to more factions.
    Has Trade Theaters that make things interesting.
    Has Religion included.

Napoleon Total War:
    Smoother Interface.
    Better battle animations and performance.
    Longer years so a nice feel to the seasonal changes like autumn, winter, spring, summer.
    Attrition is nice and makes perfect sense.
    Long building times means longer wait period (disadvantage rather sorry for the mix up)
    Larger Campaign Map. More regions in Europe. Travelling across Europe isn't quick. (prevents Blitzkrieg which is nice).

That's my thoughts.
    Cheers

Icon14 Re: Napoleon Vs. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by fast gamertag View Post
    all this and i just want to say i think its just irritating that you can choose only 4 nations to play the CG with
    yeah and u can just mod it get empire

I read precedently AI was better in NTW. I think ETW AI is harsher (or less dumb) :
    I played couple of hours with the Prussians in the Allied Campaign in 5/5 difficulties - French campaign appears to me too much "corridored"
    Most of the battles happen in the same way : I put my artillery in the middle with line/ligh infantries on each side, in a kind of funnel formation.
    IA never attack my artillery and always approaches its infantry very calmly to be at side of schrappnel. What convinient it is, but not very challeging.
    Does exist a mod who takes the best of ETW to put in NTW (and vice versa) ?

I'm quite ok with the general opinion between both games, like more reactiv engine for NTW or more evolved features in ETW. Why didn't CA make a big fusionned pack of both ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678