Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Vs. Empire

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Napoleon Vs. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    Kick yourself. TROLL.

You cant be serious with this

Oh really? The textures are better for ground and grass, in Empire, the musket line battles won't quckly kill off half a regiments in 2-3 volleys, and from waht I've seen(At least past medium, not shure what otehr people on lower graphics think) Empire's are better.
    Shove yourself TROLL
    Last edited by waswar; December 21, 2010 at 06:57 PM.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

ALso, I noted that the game is basically telling everyone that France should overrun everyone else, allowing them to easily take over everyone else without human support.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    hmm empire got better grafics? what planet are u from? Napoleon looks 10 times better and it flows better (less lagg)
    Hmm...When I first play Napoleon, it WAS less crashy..But I think I overloaded on saves.
    Napoleon is better on low-medium, Empire on high0ultra, nuff said

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Both have their benefits, from a scope and scale perspective ETW wins hands down. AI is better in Napoleon and I like the campaign map changes such as a liberate option, diplomacy is better too. Both have pros and cons. The Game of the Year edition contains both and All DLC with Warpath and PEninsular Campaign. So that is probably the best value. But if IU had to pick one it would be ETW.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Eugh, necromancy...

Anyway, can't we just say they were both terrible?

Empire is better because off thease reasons:
    The countries arent at war. Exept pirates and barbary states.That gives the player chance to win the next war because of preparation.

-The winning country sees the condition for victory first, then fights. The losing nation fights first, then seeks victory, Sun Tzu

-Shock has an bigger effect if you use it rightly. By wich means by close range fire a volly or fire by rank one each time. And then charche. That will give a shock.

-Finding right alliences is a part of victory. What' s allinces in NTW?

-Numbers doesen' t count. Atleast not so much like in NTW.

-A technologiacal tree that is better.

Think positive and not negative.

Sorry for my terrible english.

Sharpe's Company's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrioth View Post
    Both have their benefits, from a scope and scale perspective ETW wins hands down. AI is better in Napoleon and I like the campaign map changes such as a liberate option, diplomacy is better too. Both have pros and cons. The Game of the Year edition contains both and All DLC with Warpath and PEninsular Campaign. So that is probably the best value. But if IU had to pick one it would be ETW.
    Couldn't agree more, I checked on my steam which I had played more, and Empire has a couple hundred of hours while Napoleon only a faction of that time. I think the scope and scale as like you say gives Empire the greater edge.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

I'm having a really hard time deciding between playing Darthmod Empire or Napoleon All in One Mod.

Anyone who played both? What is the best experience I can get from these games?

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Empire, more factions, more regions, world map. Enough said, even if it is inferior in some areas it's over all just better.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Campidoctor

I would say the only reason to get Napoleon at this point is in the hope that the boys will crack the Empire/Napoleon map. If a new map could be created at some point, the mods for Napoleon would be superior considering the add features.

I'd die for a mod that combines the scope of Empire (full NA + EU + IND + Trade Theatres), the graphics and AI of Napoleon, and the gameplay of Darthmod.
    Last edited by Blitz66; March 08, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    Suleiman the Magnificent: Total War
    And get beat by small Malta haha haha haha haha
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I stick with Empire. The time period is nicer, the scope is bigger, and is militarily better - has fine Fire by Rank and with the Darthmod becomes realistic. Don't think NTW is developed that far and just for a more polished graphics I won't vote for NTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy0fSociety View Post
    Just after King Louis XVI was beheaded by his own people during the French Revolution "started" by Maximilien Robespierre, France's people were really looking for any person that could put up some "victory" for France. They were brainwashed into thinking Napoleon Bonaparte knew it all and was a god in and of himself. Ultimately, which I personally hope the game ends with, is his major defeat at the Battle of Waterloo
    Louis XVI was killed by the radicals in France, not by his own people, the majority of which never approve such measures, even taken that they went against the monarchy at a point in time. France's people weren't looking at anything, the major figures have their own will and behave as they find fit. Napoleon overwhelmed the Directory to which he served and became de facto militant general like they do in Latin America, with a coup d'etat. The french started liking him at a point when they saw he brought some glory and they needed it as a tranquilant after the revolution. He got defeated not cause the people of France fantasised too much and put too big hopes on him, but because Napoleon's carreer, initialised by the radicals /whom he betrayed in a moment/, his scope plans were just too radical and extensive to come to a happy end.
    Last edited by Dracula; April 15, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

You can wine about graphics all you want but that's the smallest issue for me. The most important thing to me concerning TW-series is historical accuracy and gameplay (ai).

Also, the biggest factor concerning if you'll find NTW or ETW the better game is if your a fan of 18th century warfare or napoleonic warfare. For instance, someone that likes japanese history would probably think S2TW is better than both ETW and NTW just because of the theme right?
    Last edited by TheGeat; April 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

It's a big percent yes. Even the style of hats may incline you towards a certain period lol.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz66 View Post
    I'd die for a mod that combines the scope of Empire (full NA + EU + IND + Trade Theatres), the graphics and AI of Napoleon, and the gameplay of Darthmod.

Hm, Empire has alot better textures....ALOT better....

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    It's a big percent yes. Even the style of hats may incline you towards a certain period lol.
    Aye, ecspeccially when they hate you can't stand ( In this case, shako) is used exept with like bearskins and shantoes(Which are TOO damn similiar) Are worn on almost EVERY UNIT IN THE GAME!!!

love the extensive dedication and commitment of the TW fans. i've been reading a lot of forums to try and decide which titles to focus on with some very limited playing time. trying to throw myself into the series for the first time, decided to go with Medieval 2. Eventually I will want to move on to the modern titles, and this thread has been very helpful to learn about the evolution and history of the series. thanks

waswar, try not to double or triple post

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by xX_iCeD_Xx View Post
    waswar, try not to double or triple post
    Argh....

Oh well, minor mistakes from a bit ago.Anyway, let me Post new pros and cons

Empire:
    Empire, has better overall textures.
    empire, has a much larger scale(Including middle east, india, the americas)
    While there were less troops, the infantry had alot more diversity
    While slighty overpowered, the riflemen were ALOT better
    Technologies, has more meaning, it actually seems like you're going into a new era
    Militarily, the game seems alot better (Fire by rank, bayonet upgrades etc.)
    Preferences: the unforms (Tricornes etc.) imo look ALOT better then the shantos and uniforms in Napoleon, the units seem to look morei nteresting with better textures as well
    The era seems alot more intereting (Imo)
    Cons
    the ai is pretty bad (Fixed with the godly dmuc)
    Buggy melee
    You could easily put yuorself above other nations simply by dedicating more towards advancing your technologies
    Napoleon
    artillery is ALOT better (Seems a tad overpowered, however.They toned down grape shot quite a bit, making it UNDERPOWERED makign you rely on explosive artilleries)
    ai is a tad better (Dmuc is better however)
    Better graphics (In small improvements, however)
    Less crashy in the beggining (More later however)
    Generals are alot more useful
    Protectorates and liberating system
    Cons
    smaller scope and less diversity
    more repetitive looking units( Shantos, shakoes, shantoes, shakoes...)(May just be a preference)
    Fewer major nations, and minor has very minimal things (consisting of only line infantry and a couple light infnatry and militia, MAYBE a grenadier unit)
    technologies mean alot less
    The game is focused on France, making other nations such as Great Britain have much smaller amoutns of units and there is less diversity (then there already is...)
    riflemen are pretty bad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast