Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Berlin TW

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

Default Battle of Berlin TW

The battle of berlin tw mod has moved to napoleon, because it has even better modding engines. Im constructing my super computer by means of working and it will have a 4.0 or 3.0Ghz processor and 4 gb. It will cost around ummm $500 to set it up. When Im done constructing the computer will run like lighting so the mod will have a faster pace. I have done faction descriptions, unit models in 3d softwares but have not posted yet.

some 3d text to start things up!

I suck at modeling but this is proof of me working a bit. My stg came out crappy but better than this which is why I need modelers. Because its the only thing and textures I do bad. Im a programmer, not an artist, well maybe?

I know its bad I need tutorials or books to study this programs features. Because I don't know all the hotkeys or things you can do with it.

I think this was a very successful design. What do you think? All I need is to texture and it will look like an stg 44. Only prob is I forgot to make the trigger less wide but its unnoticable and actually believe it or not looks good!

This is the stg 44 in its final stage, textured and ready to be put in NAPTW!

Ze MP40 JA!

Current Mod team

*Federich Barbarossa (coding; mapping; 3d textures)
    *Darkhorse (researcher)
    *Rotersand (researcher)

I really need more mods, so Im recruiting. Im planning to make a sub forum here in TWC or make a website when the mod is released. It will have these new features.

*Over 100 provinces
    *Over 100 unit models revolving around 3 factions.
    *3 factions (1945 scenario) over 20 factions (1933 scenario)
    *Two campaigns (1945 difficulty: Very hard) (1933 difficulty: Hard)
    *Over 20 maps for custom battles including Bastogne, Remagen (hopefully), Arnhem, Normandy, Berlin, Stalingrad, Lenningrad, Moscow, Cassino, Anzio, and Berghof!
    *The new battleship including Bismarck class, Turpitz class, HMS Prince of whales, etc.
    *Unique unit models for historical figures including Heinrich Himmler, Erwin Rommel, Erich von Manstein, Georgy Zhukov, Bernard Montegomery, George S Patton, Dwight D Eisenhower, Charles De Gaulle, and more! (Leaders like Hitler, George IV, etc are included but exclusively as political figures not suited for battle).
    *Tanks, trenches, and fortifying buildings.
    *Improved AI.
    *Modern WW2 uniform models, and accurate map of Europe (Feb 21 1945 map) (October 1933? map)
    *Amazing graphics (NO duh!) like Napoleon.
    *Fun gameplay that is unique to any other total war mod (Except NAW and WW1 mod )
    *Use of Air support, and artillery!
    *Close quarters combat with squad based units. Though 'skirmishes' have around 4000 troops max, even with allies in all sides (in 1 vs 1 it might reach 1000) every turn you will experience many battles which will total the death toll of soldiers in the area, that could reach hundreds of thousands. This may get annoying but thats war.
    *Unique turn system (1 turn per day in 1945 scenario= 365) (1 turn per 2 weeks in 1933 scenario= 288 turns)
    *Amazing historical interpretation. You actually feel like your nations leader.
    *Various trade theatres may be implied. (North American) In trade theatres you control U boats, cruisers, or other ships authentically like the battle of the atlantic.

So much more...

FAQ

Predicted Release date? Hmmm July, 2010.

First campaign released? 1933 scenario if map editor isn't released. If not then 1945.

How many Factions exactly? 1933 scenario will have United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Soviet Union, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Czecholosvakia, Hungary, Austria, Yugoslavia, Rumania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, United States, France Germany. I think thats it?

1945 scenario will have Germany, Allied Expeditionary forces, and the Soviet Union.

What type of modders do you need? I need any I can get from any field. I am being asked about the game and I want to release it as soon as possible as a beta. Of course we must take our time, but we must give em what they want.

Will air combat be implemented? No, your faction will have a radioman which can call in bombing raids on a position. Note: Depending for some planes you call in it can be risky. B 17 raid will be very risky, however P 51 will not be so much. To get radiomen you must get an airfield in your city. When your troops get out of the city, including the radioman however, they will still be able to call in bombers even far away from the city.

Will paratrooping be implemented? Mayber. We have designed a form of calling paratroopers into battle called 'Battle deployment' which works like this. If your army is composed of paratroopers, this is how it works. Maybe you can deploy paratroopers before battle on ground. But during the heat of battle, you can deploy them anywhere on the map. This makes them very flexible but vulnerable.

Will special features be featured? Of course, land mines, grenades, tanks. All of that will be hopefully put in place. We want this mod to be rich and remembered for a long time.

How will the 1st demo or release look like? Well the first release will only feature some types of infantry and artillery. No tanks yet, because we wish to test our mod out before we continue with it, plus we don't want to go so fast. First comes bolt action with machine guns, then officers, then tanks, then paratroopers, then air support.

How will naval combat work? Same as the war. We hope to use the naval engine to its best and make state of the art engagements from the baltic, all the way to the Atlantic Seaboard!

I hope you guys support this. cheers
    Last edited by Frederich Barbarossa; March 03, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
    His highness, şeşurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: Battle of Berlin TW

wow, very demanding project, will it flourish? jeje wish you the best of luck!!!

Was this mod being being designed for a different TW game? And also, could you point me to the NAW and WW1 mods?

I am interested to see how you will implement these things in to the current TW engine....good luck on any account!

It was being designed for empire, but the project hasn't started fully so I changed to Napoleon. Hopefully a campaign map editor will be placed here. Also this project is demanding because of all the time I have in the internet doing nothing, so I have the time other modders don't have to do this... alone or with help.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

So you are moving this to the NTW? Well, good luck I guess.

NTW will not work with vanilla versions and you want airplanes and a mod for WWII? go to play Men of War, it's better for you ....

I don't see how this is possible, but good luck.

I never said airplanes in the mod. This mod will work but I never said include airplanes in the actual map. All of you who say this won't work will not recieve a download of the mod. D:< Preview for infantry is may...

one mod to add to my growing list of ones to try, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Frederich Barbarossa View Post
    *The new battleship including Bismarck class, Turpitz class, HMS Prince of whales, etc.

Awesome idea I hope it goes well!

One tiny tiny point, it is the Prine of Wales as in the country Wales not the animal whale

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Could you mod the balloons to look like reconaissance aircraft?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Geronimo I will try. Or make them at least JU 87s also yeah thanks mossop stupid of me. Boys bank in Cardiff must be pissed. D:

Nelfe's Avatar Miles

Good luck

But you have forgotten France in 1933

Oh thanks

sounds as an interesting project. i keep an eye on it.

Update: Seriously the team is lacking in number completely. I do not want this project to fall apart but need more modders.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

aww i thought this was going to be about the german unification wars
    You look great today.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

U can't change map in NTW/ETW...
    [Col] RO Citizen

Ro you have not been informed.... Were changing the map if we get the tools...

Update: sorry for these bad models, im trying to fix!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast