Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The NTW - Gentlemens Club

Default The NTW - Gentlemens Club

The NTW - Gentlemens Club represents the finest of all NTW players who are dedicated to the enjoyment, the challenge, and participation of the Drop-In feature in NTW.

Members will come and go, but to be a part of this extrodinary club shows that one is brave, because, with a conscience void of offence, he has nothing to fear...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NTWGC

For those who are interested and also those who are members, we will use this STICKY as additional means to communicate!

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: The NTW - Gentlemens Club

Stuck.

Thanks for the sticky GrnEyedDvl.

The 'Charter' idea has been thrown around a bit, and everyone seems agreeable on it - how about we started writing it up properly?

Basic rules essentially would be along the lines of, showing respect to other players, been committed to seeing a match through to the end and not exploiting in game flaws?

As for a ranking system, other then the actual in game skill system and barring one that is maintained via a points league system, I don't really see the idea working...any thoughts?

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Count me in. I have no interest in beating people for sport - honestly, I don't care if I don't win a single Drop-In battle - I just want to play them because I like having context to my random battles. In fact, I'll enjoy having conversations with my opponents about how their campaign is going, and what significance (if any) the battle we're fighting has for the glory of their empire!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006557215

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Funnily enough, I have been thinking about the very same thing.

How about a set of gentlemanly "rules" which apply?
    For example, no spamming of certain units, no excessive use of overpowered artillery, balanced armies etc etc

You could have fun with your parameters.

Once I get the game, I will definitely join.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCorneliusMarcellus View Post
    Funnily enough, I have been thinking about the very same thing.

How about a set of gentlemanly "rules" which apply?
    For example, no spamming of certain units, no excessive use of overpowered artillery, balanced armies etc etc

You could have fun with your parameters.

Once I get the game, I will definitely join.
    Thats pretty much it in regards to rules, I assume others can be added if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Count me in. I have no interest in beating people for sport - honestly, I don't care if I don't win a single Drop-In battle - I just want to play them because I like having context to my random battles. In fact, I'll enjoy having conversations with my opponents about how their campaign is going, and what significance (if any) the battle we're fighting has for the glory of their empire!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006557215
    Exactly what I'm hoping the Gentlemen's club will be like! I'm pretty poor at multilayer battles, I'm only looking for a challenge, and not an artillery spamming 'pro' who calls me a noob all the time.

This is a great idea.

This sounds like the kind of thing I have been looking for myself actually. So, how does one join?

I am aware that I am a complete stranger on these forums, having been a lurker for a long time, but not really a poster. I am, however, hoping to change that with the release of Napoleon: Total War, considering the emphasis the game seems to have on multiplayer.

I will write a short description of myself below, and hopefully you will judge me worthy of joining!

I can only give you my word that I am a "mature" individual, and hope that we, meaning you all forumers and I can in time become "friends". I would find comfort in being able to play with mature players, who also has "honour" (Playing with relatively balanced armies, not rage-quitting, or being unable to act in a civil manner), of which I am sure most players visiting this forum are! I have played every Total War game (Medieval: Total War and expansion(s) excluded), but never online, so, I probably am a "newb". I hope, however, that with my ability to learn fast, and my politeness I will be eligible to join this group anyway!

Well met,

Nikator

Edit; Steam profile - egilh
    Last edited by Fleischer; February 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Suum cuique

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

I'm not sure my question was answered in another thread: I'm part of the club as I'm really looking forward to play in a pleasant and not "competitive at all cost" (which seems how most players in any game play MP) ambiance.

My question was: now that I have joined the club, do I have to manually add every member of it or will they be automatically considered as friends by the game? Thanks.

My question was: now that I have joined the club, do I have to manually add every member of it or will they be automatically considered as friends by the game? Thanks.
    I was wondering the same.

Also, I was playing a single player campaign last night and up popped a prompt to join a drop in battle for a non friend. I joined and played and was brought right back into my campaign; but my question was, how did this happen? I thought I had to go into "total war online" and select drop in battles and it would search at that point?

Also on a seperate note, I did not see an option to only drop into friends battles when under "Total war online" and "drop in battles"

So I realize we can allow only friends to drop into our SP campaigns but do we not have the option to only drop into friends SP campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    I'm not sure my question was answered in another thread: I'm part of the club as I'm really looking forward to play in a pleasant and not "competitive at all cost" (which seems how most players in any game play MP) ambiance.

Saw your question on the Steam group I think - it seems to me, without having played the game, that there is a friends only option for drop in battles, but nothing else I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by kmcwilli View Post
    I was wondering the same.

Also, I was playing a single player campaign last night and up popped a prompt to join a drop in battle for a non friend. I joined and played and was brought right back into my campaign; but my question was, how did this happen? I thought I had to go into "total war online" and select drop in battles and it would search at that point?

Also on a seperate note, I did not see an option to only drop into friends battles when under "Total war online" and "drop in battles"

So I realize we can allow only friends to drop into our SP campaigns but do we not have the option to only drop into friends SP campaigns?
    Looks like I'm wrong then - I will look through it comprehensively in six hours time!

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukosnikator View Post
    This sounds like the kind of thing I have been looking for myself actually. So, how does one join?

I am aware that I am a complete stranger on these forums, having been a lurker for a long time, but not really a poster. I am, however, hoping to change that with the release of Napoleon: Total War, considering the emphasis the game seems to have on multiplayer.

I will write a short description of myself below, and hopefully you will judge me worthy of joining!

I can only give you my word that I am a "mature" individual, and hope that we, meaning you all forumers and I can in time become "friends". I would find comfort in being able to play with mature players, who also has "honour" (Playing with relatively balanced armies, not rage-quitting, or being unable to act in a civil manner), of which I am sure most players visiting this forum are! I have played every Total War game (Medieval: Total War and expansion(s) excluded), but never online, so, I probably am a "newb". I hope, however, that with my ability to learn fast, and my politeness I will be eligible to join this group anyway!

Well met,

Nikator
    Hey Nikator, if you edit your post to include a link to your Steam profile I'm sure Ragga will send you an invite!
    Last edited by I Heart Romans; February 25, 2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Romans View Post
    Saw your question on the Steam group I think - it seems to me, without having played the game, that there is a friends only option for drop in battles, but nothing else I'm afraid!

Looks like I'm wrong then - I will look through it comprehensively in six hours time!

Hey Nikator, if you edit your post to include a link to your Steam profile I'm sure Ragga will send you an invite!
    Done! Hopefully I will get an invite then. Cheers!
    Suum cuique

Count me in. I prefer my battles to be with opponents who don't mess around and who don't treat it as an arcade game.

So if that qualifies me, sign me up1 (Question: how do I sign up?)

Quote Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
    Count me in. I prefer my battles to be with opponents who don't mess around and who don't treat it as an arcade game.

So if that qualifies me, sign me up1 (Question: how do I sign up?)
    Ask to be signed up and include a link in your post to your steam account - just edit your post to include this and I'm sure Ragga will invite you

Any group member can send out an invite, but there has been talk of a 100 player limit...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Any group member can send out an invite, but there has been talk of a 100 player limit...
    That's why I've left it up to Ragga

much respect... right now we are going to set it up to 100, but an active 100 people. Inactive ppl will be drop'd and new recruites will be added!

just give me your steam url and ill add ya!

sounds a lot like the ETW Quality Players group...
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    That would be a mistake unless someone was going to be pretty ruthless about kicking inactive players.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm looking for someone in the Gentlemen's Club who has a speedy fast connection, is a TW veteran, and would like to do a MPC with me. Either PM me or respond to this post! Thanks!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast