Thread: The Ridicule Thread

Default The Ridicule Thread

For daft posts which people make despite being warned against it, these include but are not limited to:-

1) Asking questions which are previously answered several times elsewhere on the forums

2) Making ridiculous remarks - for example whining about critical features like lighting and heroes, or bugs which have previously been reported.

3) Making statements based on personal preference yet saying the lack of said feature is a bug - for example complaining about non-existent balancing bias in the campaign or battles being too easy or too hard (when it is really down to individual ability and difficulty settings).

4) Missing the point - ie. just not getting what the mod is about and spamming why you don't like it.

We are a non-profit organisation providing a free service and reserve the right to restrict mindless comments which serve no productive purpose to this thread only.
    Hopefully the thread will stay small .

Please note that if your post ends up in here the objective isn't really to ridicule you publicly (hence the lack of ability for people to post here), but rather to censor the nonsensical remarks to this thread only so as not to confuse other users, or give false impressions regarding the number of bugs. Nevertheless if you are humiliated by your post appearing here just pm me and I will consider deleting it.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; April 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Aristeia Bug Thread

The Play passes successfully, but puts on the guard this message, which appears after output of their play.

FAQ - POINT 2
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; February 24, 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: already in FAQ

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Aristeia Released!

Damn. A show me script would work better...

Default Re: Features for next Aristeia release

If you fix many of the bugs that there are, especially the fact that heroes dont collect armor and dont seem to get traits, it would be better than any crap you can add.

Was it really fair for you to put this in the ridicule thread, Zhuge? It seems like a fairly innocuous comment to me, and one with which I generally agree. - Zenith

It was added because the armour collection bug is beyond our control and suggests that any new features are crap - Zhuge
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; April 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

It was probably just his traits being poor for this one campaign, but as the house of Dardanos, I bribed and recruited patrokles!

Edit: Ofcourse I used the money cheat just to see if he would accept. In ttw i remember it was impossible to sway Achilles to your side.

It is very annoying that the AI always sides with the attacker in alliances.

Indefinitely Banned

I think a pretty big bug is the fact that Megaupload won't let me download it. Alternative download locations please?

Default Re: Aristeia v1.1 Bug Thread

I know this is not exactly a bug but I didnt know where to ask this:

why all the scenaries are dark???? :S
    I wanna see the sky the sun and so on!!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Atreus and Dardanes seem to be overpowered compared to the previous version. I'm about 10 or 12 turns into a Thyestes campaign and Atreus has already overtaken most of the Peloponnesus and central and northern Greece, while the Dardanes have taken most of the Greek camps on their shores.

As it is supposed to be - zhuge

Default Re: Aristeia v1.1 Bug Thread

Possible bug 1:In some battles ,when I command the hero to attack a unit, he runs to the middle of the battle map and does small circles....:S
    Possible bug 2:After a few turns,some rebels pop up in Crete(House of Minos) and despite tha fact that there is no devastasion indication in the cities that are affected,the economic condition of these cities had been in an on/off state(profit/less profit...etc) per turn even when I have removed the rebels.......

PS: Playing with the House of Minos,the game is extremely easy with medium difficulty(meaning I capture island settlements and turn around the bad economic condition in a few turns+capturing Troy is pretty easy when you defeat a stack stationed near Troy).......I believe it should be a little more difficult

Default Is this Modfoldered ?

Topic

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Released!!! - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

is this mod modfoldered?

Yes! As stated many times in many threads. - Zhuge

People can be remarkably dense. - Zenith
    Last edited by Zenith Darksea; October 25, 2010 at 11:03 AM.